What's new

Shavette And Barber Razor Enthusiast (SABRE) group

I've wondered about those myself. I am assuming that they are Chinese knockoffs of the Kai Protouch blades, but I've never been curious enough to buy them and find out.

That is an impressive collection of both genuine and clone AC razors. That vintage Feather is especially rare these days.

It is my understanding that the Greager and CJB are one an the same, other than the logo. I believe they are modeled after the Feather RG.
The Greager and CJB are the same, but being an obsessive I wanted to collect them all. I have another retro Feather on it's way.

Here are mine. I have several Zazors in different colours.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

The Kai Captain is still my favourite to use, but the Zazor runs it close!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what is a good aliexpress clone to get if i want feather razor?

I've tried to get this info from the AliExpress app, so I hope it works.

Or

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't been onto this thread in quite some time. Impressive sets of razors, gents.

I am pretty boring. Still using my lime green folding Feather SS for every shave, most recently yesterday evening. I usually use Prolines, but I saw that I still had one Feather Pro and one Feather Pro Super left over from Try-a-Blade, so this time I loaded it up with the Feather Pro.

I swear it tugs more than the Proline, especially on the first shave. Last night was my fourth shave on it, and it has settled in pretty nicely. Got a comfy shave out of it.

Right now I'm about 6 weeks away from a full year of using nothing but the Feather SS.

SS............
The two AliExpress clones I have bought have been based on the Feather SS and the Kai Luffy, they are very similar.

Luffy Clone

If you just look at other products you will find an SS clone.

CJB kamisori shavette w/ Feather AC Pro (3)

SOTD 08082020.jpg

Boy, what a shave. I realized that I have to go ATG on the last cleanup pass or else it wouldn't be close enough. I used light pressure with hydrated lather and it worked like a charm. I'm looking forward to learning more of the shavette technique and possibly using this as my daily driver.

CJB kamisori shavette w/ Feather AC Pro (3)

View attachment 1136762

Boy, what a shave. I realized that I have to go ATG on the last cleanup pass or else it wouldn't be close enough. I used light pressure with hydrated lather and it worked like a charm. I'm looking forward to learning more of the shavette technique and possibly using this as my daily driver.
Looks like you did quite well, and with an unguarded blade at that. I found that once I got accustomed to feeling the of the open blade against my skin, safety razors don't give me the same satisfaction as straight or shavette.

Just keep practicing technique (which seems darn good already), and you may indeed start using it is your daily driver.

Hi all I recently brought a Shavette
It’s a blue beards revenge shavette are they any good has anyone tryed them ?

Hi all I recently brought a Shavette
It’s a blue beards revenge shavette are they any good has anyone tryed them ?
I don't have one, but it's a decent razor. It's very similar to my Parker SR1 in terms of the blade-holding mechanism. If you are new to shavette shaving, I would recommend a milder blade with this one. Gillette Silver Blue have always worked well for me.

I don't have one, but it's a decent razor. It's very similar to my Parker SR1 in terms of the blade-holding mechanism. If you are new to shavette shaving, I would recommend a milder blade with this one. Gillette Silver Blue have always worked well for me.
Thanks for the advise interms of sr I do have a straight but I didn’t want to bother with honing and stroping I have a Dovo 3/8 and now this

Looks like you did quite well, and with an unguarded blade at that. I found that once I got accustomed to feeling the of the open blade against my skin, safety razors don't give me the same satisfaction as straight or shavette.

Just keep practicing technique (which seems darn good already), and you may indeed start using it is your daily driver.
You are right that DE shaving becomes much less satisfying once you master an open blade.

Aug 20: Back to the Proraso Pro

Lather:
Stirling Baker Street (sample)
Brush: Proraso Professional (27/57mm)
Razor: Feather SS Kamisori 6/8 (clone)
Blade: Feather Artist Club ProGuard [4]

Great shave with the fixed handled Feather SS clone. I don't know if I'm liking it better than the folding version, but they are different. There's definitely a place for both in my den.

Aug 21: Horrible Shave

Lather:
Cyril R. Salter Luxury Cream - French Vetiver
Brush: Semogue 620 (21/50mm)
Razor: Univinlions Kai Captain, straight (clone)
Blade: Feather Artist Club ProGuard [5]
Balm: Aqua Velva Sensitive 5 in 1 After Shave Balm

Horrible shave today - I was so unhappy with the results that I didn't want to take a picture to remind me of it.

Soap and brush were amazing, but the wheels feel off the bus during the first pass. I got 6 weepers! I know this razor demands the utmost respect with a new sharp blade, but I didn't think I did anything wrong. The alum burned like brimstone.

Time to regroup and take it easy for a couple of days.

SHAVETTES SUCK ....

I have every model of WECK , and strictly used for over 3 months!!!SUCKED

THE FATTIP (SUCKED)

THE UNIVERSAL SUCKED!!!

( My preference a corked Wilkinson sword with HIGH blade exposure
15981738004092057503345960590847.jpg

The turkish-arab razor
Or sanguine

Just bought an Ikon tech ( that **** probably sucks too)

A merkur 34c periodical loosened to unclog

The high blade exposure shavettes , sanguine or Arab ( WHICH PULLS NEEDS SHORT STROKES

Or a straight

Last edited:
Top Bottom