What's new

Micromatic Monday

GEMonday for me today.
PXL_20200810_143054107-01.jpeg

GEM Jr. Elite / GEM Personna SS PTFE
ARKO stick (for Arko August)
Rudy Vey 2020 B&B Contributor's Brush
Tabac AS and EdC

Very nice shave today but I don't get the BBS I like from these old lather catchers. It they weren't so dang much fun I'd pass them along. ... But they are. So I won't.

The GEM Jr. Bar is already loaded up. See you all next GEMonday!

👏👏👏Micromatic Monday👏👏👏
And ..
🦈 🦈 🦈 SHARK WEEK 🦈 🦈 🦈

Razor1: Gem Micromatic Gold Flying Wing Guiding Eye
Blade1: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Razor2: Timeless Bronze SB
Blade2: Shark Super Chrome
Brush: Rick Montalvo Grade A Silvertip Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso Red
Lather: Razorock Mudder Focker
Aftershave: Gillette Series Cool Wave
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder
PSX_20200809_081657.jpg

We're here for you! With too much contradictory advice, and mainly as enablers of various ADs, of course.

Here is part of a post from early in my Gem blade shaving days (last year):

"Sure enough, the dark night of my first Gem shave dawned into a halcyon noontime fifth Gem shave. Here is my current Gem dogma:
1 Quality soap well-lathered
2 Stretch skin
3 Short strokes
4 Shallow, but natural, angle (don’t force “flat”)
5 Shave confidently aiming for 2 passes and minimal touch up"

And I always lightly cork a Gem PTFE before first use, then use a very light touch when shaving. Gem SE shaving has helped me lighten my touch for DE and SR shaves.

I've evolved to longer strokes. I now use more face contortion rather than using my off (left) hand as much for skin stretching.
Thanks for this. My clog pruf came and not my feather weight (grrrr). It is cleaned up, the blade lightly corked and it is ready to go. I have not been stretching as I dont normally do that. I will try to remember today.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Micromatic Monday Shave 20200810
20200810_072423~2.jpg

Razor: GEM Pushbutton
Blade: Ted Pella Personna GEM (7)
Pre-shave: Williams Lectric Shave
Brush: Edwin Jagger (25mm STF)
Soap: TOBS Lavender
Post-shave: Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: Speick
Cologne: Cella Milano Eau de Lavande Cologne

WTG, ATG & XTG. Minor touch-up.

DFS++ with no nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation.

Wonderful Micromatic Monday shave. :)

Prep: Hot shower
Gem micromatic clog pruf
Personna PTFE (1)
McNeil said Murphy Claddagh soap
Rating: 10

I was determined to get a good micromatic shave tonight. Step one was to cork the new blade and I immediately noticed the roughness for the first couple cork passes. I also decided I was shaving in the shower because this is what I normally do with my DE razors and the micromatic gets no special treatment from me.

I face lathered a great slick M&M Claddagh lather and got going. I started shaving and it was like I had used the MMCP razor for years. I didn't even feel the blade. I did one pass and got a wonderful DFS, no nicks and no weepers.

What a wonderful razor.

Prep: Hot shower
Gem micromatic clog pruf
Personna PTFE (1)
McNeil said Murphy Claddagh soap
Rating: 10

I was determined to get a good micromatic shave tonight. Step one was to cork the new blade and I immediately noticed the roughness for the first couple cork passes. I also decided I was shaving in the shower because this is what I normally do with my DE razors and the micromatic gets no special treatment from me.

I face lathered a great slick M&M Claddagh lather and got going. I started shaving and it was like I had used the MMCP razor for years. I didn't even feel the blade. I did one pass and got a wonderful DFS, no nicks and no weepers.

What a wonderful razor.

Nice to hear this MMCP shave went so well! I have a number of M&M samples. I have only used the Ouroboros so far, but it is an excellent performer for me. MMCP + Claddagh sounds like a great combo.

When my kids were young I did a lot of shower shaving as a timesaver, but I haven't tried a Micromatic in the shower. I can't think of any reason that a Micromatic wouldn't thrive in all that hot water.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
I’d like to thank the circumference of Earth and our Phoenician forebears provision of the 24 hr clock for allowing me two shaves on Micromatic Monday.

Last night’s shave:
MMOC
GEM PTFE (1)

Trying to break myself of the excessive pressure habit and the Micromatic Open Comb is happy to oblige.

This was my first Micromatic open comb shave and I forgot to post last night. I’m late for the party but I figured I would post. I got my razor I the mail yesterday. What a shave! I like this razor a lot. I have been using a gem 1912 which I like. This gets me bbs real quick. I learned about this razor from joining this forum. It’s a great place and glad to be here. Obviously my ocmm is used. The original owner must have had his initials printed on it. I shall name it “ old HB”. Thanks again everyone. I used a Personna ptfe blade and Mitchell’s fat soap.
4CFCD49B-2260-4BA2-8BD1-DEAD9624F0D3.jpeg

Nice to hear this MMCP shave went so well! I have a number of M&M samples. I have only used the Ouroboros so far, but it is an excellent performer for me. MMCP + Claddagh sounds like a great combo.

When my kids were young I did a lot of shower shaving as a timesaver, but I haven't tried a Micromatic in the shower. I can't think of any reason that a Micromatic wouldn't thrive in all that hot water.
Yeah but the MMOC, not so much in my case. Note to self, no open comb razors.

Actually, my favorite scent from M&M is Clann Bethadh. To me it is a very clean a refreshing scent I just love. All my M&M is their first recipe but that works so well.

Top Bottom