What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" May 18th - May 24th, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is the B&M scent?
Here's an excerpt from my previously documented impressions:

"...It opens with a bold and interesting blood orange and passion fruit. I immediately began comparing it to Soapmakers of Awesometown, but that's because it's the only other soap in my den featuring passion fruit. In reality, that's probably the only similarity. The blood orange and passion fruit seem to teeter until a subtle spiciness infiltrates the accord about midway through the shave. It also takes on a floral note but never abandons the citrus for the entire two and half passes. The paired B&M splash matches very well, but it does have more depth particularly with respect to the dry down. The citrus burns off first, and then the passion fruit and floral note. There is a brief period in which I could swear I'm detecting neroli, but I do not see that mentioned in the scent notes. The dry down reveals an unexpected thick greenness becoming sharper as it fades about 3 hours later.

While Citricuyá is one of the least complex Barrister and Mann fragrances I've experienced, it's undoubtedly intentional and still has more depth than many of my other citrus products. In terms of longevity, I place it somewhere between Adagio and Rhapsody. This a very pleasant fragrance."

1921 Big Fellow w/Stirling Sharp Dressed Man soap and AS
1921BigFellow1.JPG
1921BigFellow2.JPG

Wed 20th SOTD
Soap Colonel Conk Amber
Brush Yaqi 26mm Moka Express
Razor Gillette New SC
Blade Euromax Super Stainless 3rd
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water
Special Thayers Lemon Mix
Hyaluronic Acid
Aqua Velva Musk
Super slick lather from this CC soap! Build it patiently with brush on the face. Really satisfying lather! Brush is terrific.
Shave with the razor paired with this blade was amazing! Super smooth and sharp without any issues. Did not feel any blade at all. 3 multiple direction pass is enough for a BBS to DFS result.
Hmmm...somehow...beats the GC.84 SB yesterday in terms of smoothness and efficiency. Now I understand better...no regrets in getting a variety of razors, blades and soaps/creams. The pleasure of getting a great shave from all things clicking together!
Ice water rinse was good, followed by refreshingly minty Thayers then topped off by Hyaluronic and AV Musk! Wow..! Great start for the day! Rating today 9.7/10
20200520_070359.jpg

20200520_073920.jpg

Parker Variant razor
Shaverboy Stainless blade (2)
PAA Scentsless pre-shave
Mickey Lee Soapworks Drunken Goat soap
Semogue 830 boar brush
Doug Smith Pottery shave mug
Osma alum block
Nivea Sensitive aftershave balm
Stirling Hipster aftershave

Solid scents, but this brush is still my least favorite I own. I may try giving it a shampoo cleaning soon to see if it helps.
IMG_20200520_065222252.jpg

Wednesday
Pre-shave: Imperial Glycerine Soap/Stirling Executive Man Pre-shave Oil
Razor: RazoRock Little Bastone
Blade: PermaSharp Super Stainless
Brush: WSP High Mountain White
Soap: Bath House Spanish Fig & Nutmeg
Aftershave: Alum/Quinn’s Rose Petal Witch Hazel/Booster Mosswood
Balm: Clinique for Men Broad Spectrum Moisturizer

Brush: Doug Korn - custom designed by my 10-year old daughter a few years ago. It has a 24mm Envy white knot which has taken some time to break in but is quickly rising up there as one of my favorite knots.
Razor: Colonial General (v2)
Blade: Feather Professional
Soap: Art of Shaving Sandalwood (tallow)
Cologne/AS: D. R. Harris Marlborough
IMG_0581.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom