What's new

Current Daily Driver Razor

My main shaver is a PAA Ascension in copper. I really love my ATT Windsor as well, but mostly I grab the Ascension. Occasionally I will mix in some of the other 50+ razors I own but not very often.

Just broke out mine after it stayed in drawer for months. What blade do yo find best in yours?
I'm putting a Light Brigade WILKINSON in tonight to see how it does. Had a Nacet in it before .

Ridpath

FIGHTER!
Timeless .68 SB

I dread the fact that nothing else in my den measures up....
It happens... it’s a happy day when you make that realisation!

Timeless SS 0.95 SB (face/head) and Feather AS-D2(head) at the moment. The only two razors I own at this point in time.

Paradigm Diamondback, although on occasion I'll use a different razor just to mix it up a little. Mostly a Game Changer .68 or a NEW Long Comb.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I currently only have 1 razor in my rotation - Rockwell 6S, I use plate #5 pretty much exclusively (sometimes I mix in a #6 plate).

I do buy/try other razors, but I find nothing that outshines the 6S for my face.
Pretty much the same. If you happen to find something that beats the 6S #5-6 for you, please let me know!

Before all this lockdown stuff began, and I started rotating razors, I used the Above the Tie R1 on a Kronos/Titan handle most days.

I've been using two razors mostly. My ATT G1 with a Weber Wave handle and a General with an iKon Tuckaway handle. Both are great shavers. Here is the G1 using a GEM blade.

ATT G1_grooves.png

And the General.
General_03.JPG

My two daily drivers used to be the ATT Aluminum Calypso H2 and the Muhle R41, two extremly efficient razors. Not the most comfortable shaves (not too bad neither!) but very close, almost BBS shaves with two passes and minor cleanup.

Recently I find myself reaching for my relatively new (2-3 months, maybe a bit longer) Fatip Piccolo Originale. Almost as close as my ATT and R41 but much smoother, comfortable shaves.

For a cool Jackson, best bang for your shaving buck in my book!

Pretty much the same. If you happen to find something that beats the 6S #5-6 for you, please let me know!
You know I'm really gonna have to give the Rockwell 6s a chance. I've avoided it because, well, it's butt ugly compared to so many other razors. But, SO MANY of you guys seem to get awesome and consistent shaves from it, I'm beginning to feel some serious FOMO!

I recently tried out the aluminum Karve, and it seemed like a very good razor (and was similar to the 6S for me as far as the shave was concerned, but not quite at that level). I got rid of it because I prefer a razor with a bit more heft to it. My next razor I will try will likely be the brass Karve.....I will let you know!

You know I'm really gonna have to give the Rockwell 6s a chance. I've avoided it because, well, it's butt ugly compared to so many other razors. But, SO MANY of you guys seem to get awesome and consistent shaves from it, I'm beginning to feel some serious FOMO!

It isn't the prettiest razor - that is true, but I can't find anything that shaves my face better.....and for what you can get them for, there is no way I'm going to spend $200-$1200 on a razor.

Blackbird OC polished. It is the most efficient and safest razor I have ever used. I use other razors in a rotation, but the Blackbird is the top of the top.

Right now, I have to admit that my TIMELESS .68 SS is best all around: never ANY issues.

I'm thinking about trying the .95 TIMELESS TITANIUM since I hear it is a "soft shaver."
But a lot of money to be disappointed.

Top Bottom