What's new

Ranking: The top 5 best shaving safety razors.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
My top 5 are my only 5 left in the den. L-R:

Gillette Goodwill #160
1920 Gillette Bulldog
Blackland Brassbird SB
Gillette Hybrid Tech
Wolfman WR2 1.25 SB

Truly great shavers are these 5.
6B4FAB0E-EA23-4701-837A-07D32F31B405.jpeg

Last edited:
My top 5 are my only 5 left in the den. L-R:

Gillette Goodwill #160
1920 Gillette Bulldog
Blackland Brassbird SB
Gillette Hybrid Tech
Wolfman WR2 1.25 SB

Truly great shavers are these 5.
View attachment 1068764
Very nice den. I thought you were now without any Blackbird - didn't realize you still had the Brassbird! I take it you prefer that to the stainless steel one that you sold!

Hannah's Dad

Very nice den. I thought you were now without any Blackbird - didn't realize you still had the Brassbird! I take it you prefer that to the stainless steel one that you sold!
Funny you should mention it! I was regretting selling my SS version(s), so this Brassbird arrived only last week. Two shaves later and I’m in love all over again. Honestly, I might even enjoy it a ‘hair’ more than my Wolfie. Just a stunningly effective razor.

How wonderful. I'm dying to get one - either a SS or Brass. Thinking brass since I wouldn't feel the need to opt for the polished version, and I am falling in love with my copper Charcoal Goods which just arrived.

Hannah's Dad

How wonderful. I'm dying to get one - either a SS or Brass. Thinking brass since I wouldn't feel the need to opt for the polished version, and I am falling in love with my copper Charcoal Goods which just arrived.
I bought the machined version — as I enjoying polishing razors myself. Good luck with your decision — I think you’ll love a Brassbird, too.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Tough to choose five but the favourites in my den, in no particular order are:

Gibbs #16 +/-
Leresche #34
Eclipse Red Ring
Henckels Henso
Gillette Single Ring

In truth I can get a very good shave with any of my razors but I like using these the most.

I bought the RR 84 and I looooove it, quite effektive and still easy to use. I would say about 6-7 on the fatboy but very slick and great comfi feeling on the face, hard to descibe 😍🤩🍾👌🏻 BUY NOW!

I got the RR GC 84 OC and find it a bit agressive --- I believer the closed comb you have is a better choice :)

Top Bottom