What's new

Vintage and unusual aftershaves: Post your photos

I'm not sure about the origin of the small Old Spice bottles, as I bought them used. They have a date of 1991 stamped on the back of them. The lids are actually a gray color, the picture doesn't show the exact correct color.

Got it. Cool finds tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New old stock. Absolutely fallen in love with this decanter, not really a big fan of the other decanters but I love the telescope one and its great to finally get my hands on one. Just have to get the other colours too now
IMG_3115.JPG

IMG_3116.JPG

IMG_3117.JPG

IMG_3118.JPG

!

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Can anyone tell me anything about this green bottle of vintage Avon Cologne I acquired recently? I am guessing 1960s and wonder why it is labelled simply 'cologne for men' and not for example 'wild country cologne'.
20200221_162402.jpg

Can anyone tell me anything about this green bottle of vintage Avon Cologne I acquired recently? I am guessing 1960s and wonder why it is labelled simply 'cologne for men' and not for example 'wild country cologne'. View attachment 1065467
Congrats--likely worth a nice chunk of change to diehard Avon collectors. Familiar with the Spicy, what scent is the cologne? Maybe this was early in Avon's marketing to men, perhaps they only made one cologne in those days, maybe not. There were alot of neat aftershave and cologne products in the 60's and 70's. Likely why so many of us are into vintage items. Again, good job.

Can anyone tell me anything about this green bottle of vintage Avon Cologne I acquired recently? I am guessing 1960s and wonder why it is labelled simply 'cologne for men' and not for example 'wild country cologne'.

Because It was their first...... from the late 1950’s before the assigned names to their scents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EclipseRedRing

Congrats--likely worth a nice chunk of change to diehard Avon collectors. Familiar with the Spicy, what scent is the cologne? Maybe this was early in Avon's marketing to men, perhaps they only made one cologne in those days, maybe not. There were alot of neat aftershave and cologne products in the 60's and 70's. Likely why so many of us are into vintage items. Again, good job.
Hi - thanks for the reply. The scent of the cologne is like a stronger and longer lasting version of Proraso Green which is no bad thing! It has definite notes of menthol and I particularly like the 'Merry Christmas' gatefold boxes in the form of Christmas cards. Here is an image of the reverse of the labels which has different text for each:

20200223_141115.jpg

Found these at a local thrift store, a pre-shave lotion and hair conditioner/treatment, the latter with the box. Question for collectors: Do you keep the fragrance/product in the container, or do you empty the contents and re-use with something new so that the bottles aren't "just for show?"
Avon Goodwill.jpg

EclipseRedRing

Found these at a local thrift store, a pre-shave lotion and hair conditioner/treatment, the latter with the box. Question for collectors: Do you keep the fragrance/product in the container, or do you empty the contents and re-use with something new so that the bottles aren't "just for show?"
View attachment 1066289
I keep all my fragrances in their original bottles. The only exception may be for example to decant vintage Shulton Old Spice from say, a late 70s bottle, to an older vintage Shulton bottle which has a different style that I prefer. I am primarily interested in the scents themselves as opposed to the bottles and do not display items other than to have them available for use. I know that some collectors of, for example Avon, prize the bottles as much as the contents so for them the approach may be different. Nice finds by the way 👍

Top Bottom