What's new

Winner blades by Gillette India

Thanks for the picture @ivan_101 good to know the update.
I know this address and it was first ever Gillette owned and operated plant in India. But since the launch of first generation Mach3 they were using it to make only Mach3s, stock and distribution center for all the imported products. It seems they have started making 365 here recently.
Baddi plant makes, all Gillette +7 O’clock creams+Blacks+Greens and other India made products.

Not recently. I have 365 made in Rajasthan that were manfacfured in 2009 and for many years I only received Rajasthan made 365s. Then in 2017 I received Baddi-made ones. And currently it's like one batch is Rajasthan and one is Baddi. So actually they started making 365s recently in Baddi, not the other way around.

I've been using the Winner a few more times recently and I'm more and more impressed with the blade.

I think it's a very smooth and forgiving blade to use and much sharper than I initially considered the blade to be.

I'm finding it to be an exceptional blade.

Guess I'm a little late to the party. I ordered the blades Sept 1. They arrived in my mailbox yesterday. First shave this am in a Fatboy on 5.
I found the blade sharper than an Indian Wilkie, but not as smooth as a Shanghai Wilkie. Looking forward to tomorrow's shave to see if it sharpens up/smooths out. The first shave was very similar to Gillette 7 O'clock Permasharp Stainless (India Greens). Very good performance for a budget blade.

RayClem said:
Gillette India make some great blades. The 7 O'Clock Super Platinum Black blades are one of the best blades available. However, many people think the 7 O'Clock Permasharp Greens make in India are not as good as the 7 O'Clock Super Stainless Greens made in Russia. I have not tried the Gillette 365 or Winner blades, so I am interested in the comments.
Got 100 7o'clock Permasharp Stainless on eBay shipped directly from India for $8.00 and change. Also have 100(or less now) 7o'clock yellows purchased on ebay for $14.99. I'm in agreement with a reviewer on another shaving site that these two blades are virtually
indistinguishable in quality of shave. That after going through a 10-pack of the 7 o'clock greens from India. It takes about two weeks,
but for the price, worth the wait. Meanwhile, back at the ranch, still have a lot of 50 Astra SS to go through before starting back
on the 7 o'clocks.

As always, YMMV.

Been using both the Yellows and the Indian Greens for more than 12 years. They are similar but not the same. The yellows are just a bit sharper. It's a tiny difference though.

I find Winner blades very similar to Gillette 7 O'clock India Greens. While both blades sharpen up/smooth out after the first shave, the Winners feel smoother with similar sharpness. I'm pleasantly surprised with them. If you like Supermax Blue Diamond Titanium (another budget blade with excellent performance), you might want to try Winners.
I don't know why they take so long to get to Canada. I ordered Sept 1. They arrived Nov. 15.

I find Winner blades very similar to Gillette 7 O'clock India Greens. While both blades sharpen up/smooth out after the first shave, the Winners feel smoother with similar sharpness. I'm pleasantly surprised with them. If you like Supermax Blue Diamond Titanium (another budget blade with excellent performance), you might want to try Winners.
I don't know why they take so long to get to Canada. I ordered Sept 1. They arrived Nov. 15.
Mine took 1 month, Canada Customs is a b....., worst by a mile.

It's been some time since I started this thread. After initially hearing opinions that these are the same as the Indian Wilkinsons, I decided not to buy. But finally a few weeks ago ordered a pack of 11. During the last 6 days I made an extensive comparison with the Indian Wilkies in different razors. Make no mistake - the Winner blades are Indian Wilkinson blades. I am 100% positive about it. It's all just a marketing trick.

It's been some time since I started this thread. After initially hearing opinions that these are the same as the Indian Wilkinsons, I decided not to buy. But finally a few weeks ago ordered a pack of 11. During the last 6 days I made an extensive comparison with the Indian Wilkies in different razors. Make no mistake - the Winner blades are Indian Wilkinson blades. I am 100% positive about it. It's all just a marketing trick.

That does not surprise me one bit. The Wilkinson name has a lot of name recognition in some parts of the world, but probably less recognition in India, where the Gillette branded blades are made. In fact, the Wilkinosn name might be a reminder of the days when India was a British Colony. By rebranding the blades for sale in India with the image of a famous Indian athlete, the blades would be attractive to those who proudly call India home.

That does not surprise me one bit. The Wilkinson name has a lot of name recognition in some parts of the world, but probably less recognition in India, where the Gillette branded blades are made. In fact, the Wilkinosn name might be a reminder of the days when India was a British Colony. By rebranding the blades for sale in India with the image of a famous Indian athlete, the blades would be attractive to those who proudly call India home.

I went out to India earlier this year and saw that both variants of Gillette Wilkinson Sword are the most ubiquotous DE blades but it's very confusing as the Indian made GWS sold in 10/11 packs is a professional grade product (ie pretty much entirely used by barbers and not really seen for sale in consumer stores) whilst the 5 pack MIC GWS is sold in all consumer shops.

It could make sense the Winner would replace the Indian made GWS.

I've only tried 2 Winner blades and the first I was convinced was the same blade as the Indian GWS, the second one seemed a bit sharper but I've found even testing 2 blades from the same packet can produce contrasting results but nonetheless I have found the Winner to be a superb blade.

I have tried a few different blades made at the factory in India that has the same address on it and it is funny how different the blades are. Now I really don't need any more blades since I really like the Gillette Permasharp from India but if I order some shave supplies from someone that carries them I might have to order a tuck. The India GWS are a decent blade but I prefer the Perm's more.

I have tried a few different blades made at the factory in India that has the same address on it and it is funny how different the blades are. Now I really don't need any more blades since I really like the Gillette Permasharp from India but if I order some shave supplies from someone that carries them I might have to order a tuck. The India GWS are a decent blade but I prefer the Perm's more.

I tend to agree. Also, the 7 O'Clock Super Platinum blacks made in India are superb blades.

I tend to agree. Also, the 7 O'Clock Super Platinum blacks made in India are superb blades.

I tried those and didn't think they were that great. Hard to like another blade once you find the one you think is the cats meow. I first found the Gillette Permasharp, thanks to a seller on eBay including some with a razor. Didn't know if I dared trying an open box with a couple blades in it but the wrapper still seemed to have have the wax seal on it so I tried them and thought they were sharp and smooth with no tugging. My other blade, the German Wilkinson I happened across at our local drugstore. Those 2 are my top blades. I do use Feather in my Tech and New OC and they work great in them but I only get 3 shaves and they are used up. I get around 6 on the other 2 before tugging sets in.

I tried those and didn't think they were that great. Hard to like another blade once you find the one you think is the cats meow. I first found the Gillette Permasharp, thanks to a seller on eBay including some with a razor. Didn't know if I dared trying an open box with a couple blades in it but the wrapper still seemed to have have the wax seal on it so I tried them and thought they were sharp and smooth with no tugging. My other blade, the German Wilkinson I happened across at our local drugstore. Those 2 are my top blades. I do use Feather in my Tech and New OC and they work great in them but I only get 3 shaves and they are used up. I get around 6 on the other 2 before tugging sets in.

Interesting. I find that the 7 O'Clock Blacks and the German Wilkinson Sword blades are very similar in sharpness and smoothness. The 7 O'Clock greens are not quite as sharp and not quite as smooth, at least for me. Thus, I am surprised you like the German WS, but not the 7 O'Clock black. I guess that is the mystery of DE blades.

In my book:
Permasharp is the sharpest of all three, next is the Super Platinum and then the German Wilkinson.
I have been using all three blades in numerous razors over the last 15 years.

In my book:
Permasharp is the sharpest of all three, next is the Super Platinum and then the German Wilkinson.
I have been using all three blades in numerous razors over the last 15 years.

Are you talking about the PermaSharp Super blade made in Russia or the 7 O'Clock green Permasharp made in India?

I find the Russian PermaSharp Super to be one of the sharpest blades available, even sharper than the 7 O'Clock Super Platinum blacks and the German WS. However, I find the 7 O'Clock Permasharp stainless greens made in India to be slightly less sharp, but still good blades. The 7 O'Clock Russian greens are also good blades.

Interesting. I find that the 7 O'Clock Blacks and the German Wilkinson Sword blades are very similar in sharpness and smoothness. The 7 O'Clock greens are not quite as sharp and not quite as smooth, at least for me. Thus, I am surprised you like the German WS, but not the 7 O'Clock black. I guess that is the mystery of DE blades.

It definitely is a mystery. My friend was the one that picked up the blacks, yeah, I just thought they were okay. They did the job but for me I thought the Permasharps were better and so did he as he had me order 200 since he doesn't use eBay.

There are a lot of Voskhod fans so I picked some up and thought they were one of the worst blades I tried, they pulled so bad. Polsilver and GSB were just okay. Personna's and Astra's were as bad as the Voskhod. The Perma Sharp blade from Russia is a decent blade.

When I bought the Permasharps from an eBay seller in India they included some other blades that I think were from the same plant. One was Topaz Platinum and they were not good at all. Super Max I think was the other and they were were about the same.

Blades seems to be one of the biggest YMMV subjects there is. It is funny how a blade works for one and not another. You wouldn't think it would but it does.

Not recently. I have 365 made in Rajasthan that were manfacfured in 2009 and for many years I only received Rajasthan made 365s. Then in 2017 I received Baddi-made ones. And currently it's like one batch is Rajasthan and one is Baddi. So actually they started making 365s recently in Baddi, not the other way around.

I was going to comment on this back when you posted it, but I got sidetracked. Anyway, I recently bought a tuck of the 365 blades and something had definitely changed from the ones I tried a few years back. The newer tuck I got from Razor Blades Club and they shave like a dream. I wonder if these were made in Baddi?

Top Bottom