What's new

August 2019 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

8FF9DF45-763C-47C1-BA28-0578C2CE2237.jpeg

Still in. Luckily the new Rex Envoy 3-pc DE is still not out.

This razor arrived yesterday with the 505 but I wasn’t home so it took a trip to the post office until this morning. Silly signature requirements.

178867BB-CD16-4575-9123-40A02C08F232.jpeg
864E9502-8F9C-47A3-8083-EB3F3754797F.jpeg

Should add that was the last item I was waiting for from last months purchases.

I haven’t been tempted much lately so I’m happy about that lol

Glad to see everyone that's still in. I've been out since early August due to a razor. Just gonna post this SOTD because it hit home for me. The great thing about this hobby is accumulating soaps, razors and blades. Just for fun I revisited Tabac and my Merkur Futur razor on 1 days growth. Used setting 3 and post shave with Osage Rub. One nick is all I got. Great 2 pass shave, I now believe my technique is down with DE razors. Haven't used the Futur In 8 months. I have plenty of stuff to use up and revisit so I'm in for September. I believe I posted the same a couple months ago. Continue the good fight and revisit old stuff. Technique is the key. September will be a revisit month for me.
20190814_133323.jpg

Glad to see everyone that's still in. I've been out since early August due to a razor. Just gonna post this SOTD because it hit home for me. The great thing about this hobby is accumulating soaps, razors and blades. Just for fun I revisited Tabac and my Merkur Futur razor on 1 days growth. Used setting 3 and post shave with Osage Rub. One nick is all I got. Great 2 pass shave, I now believe my technique is down with DE razors. Haven't used the Futur In 8 months. I have plenty of stuff to use up and revisit so I'm in for September. I believe I posted the same a couple months ago. Continue the good fight and revisit old stuff. Technique is the key. September will be a revisit month for me.
View attachment 1007924
Good for you! I love Tabac (getting refill pucks put me out of the June GRUME) and I really enjoy using the vintage Osage Rub that I found at an estate sale.

82D3DB9B-C0FF-4161-86B9-B60A2EBFD905.jpeg

Still in — and sold another razor yesterday. Kinda fun having shave money flow in instead of out.

CEA35FAA-EBF2-4DE8-8542-806A11C85131.jpeg

Man I'm slightly sad about MLS closing up shop. This was the first set I bought myself when I started DE shaving and it's pretty much a perfect shave every time for me. Works fantastically well with my technique and water....just big thick voluminous clouds of lather, slickness is great, all around well done. Gillette Platinum sharp but smooooth.

Still in.

Last edited:
Still in.

Used the Manaslu 505 for the second day in a row.
Getting ready for the cottage tomorrow and decided to not bring any shave gear so no shaves for a few days boo.

41C396D4-3E12-4F77-B5D9-0B9443BBC108.jpeg

View attachment 1008199

Man I'm slightly sad about MLS closing up shop. This was the first set I bought myself when I started DE shaving and it's pretty much a perfect shave every time for me. Works fantastically well with my technique and water....just big thick voluminous clouds of lather, slickness is great, all around well done. Gillette Platinum sharp but smooooth.

Still in.
Nice looking set.
I know what you mean.
I’d feel the same way if my favorites shut their doors and we’re no longer available.

Wait! That's a thing? Not bringing any shave gear? Sounds unnatural to me. The best part of "getting away" is that my shaves are even less rushed. Please reconsider...
Haha yeah last time I brought stuff and it just stayed in my bag. I figure I’ll let the beard grow and get one of this along beard satisfying shaves lol

Top Bottom