What's new

Arko August 2019

I can’t believe the longevity of this stuff. All of my artisan soaps go through about 2g per shave. This stick of Arko in my mug seems to regenerate daily. 5 shaves with it so far and it still weighs as much as it did when I opened it.

AoM; B.O.S.S.;Knight of the Veg Table;MFR2019

I can’t believe the longevity of this stuff. All of my artisan soaps go through about 2g per shave. This stick of Arko in my mug seems to regenerate daily. 5 shaves with it so far and it still weighs as much as it did when I opened it.

5 shaves, try 180 shaves. My Jan 2019 Arko is still at 80%

Arko should be renamed to Arko Mould shaving soap and be sold in petri dishes lol.

Was planning on using one of the other soaps in my rotation for the weekend. But my Arko stick shaves are going so well. I figured why not shave with it again.

So this time I bowl lathered it. Rubbed the stick around my shave bowl and on my Semougue brush. And made up some really great lather that performed excellent. 4 pass BBS with the best post shave feel in my 3 days of Arko August so far.

5 shaves, try 180 shaves. My Jan 2019 Arko is still at 80%

Arko should be renamed to Arko Mould shaving soap and be sold in petri dishes lol.

Lol. I’m even using my Omega 10098 Boar, otherwise known as the soap destroyer.

4 Aug 19
Razor:
Gillette New short comb
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (3)
Brush: 24mm RR Silvertip Badger brush
Pre-Shave: Shower and Clearasil face wash
Lather: Arko stick – face lather
Aftershave: Osage Rub / Lucky Tiger menthol cream
Additional Care: Thayer’s
Excellent lather today and a DFS.
IMG_20190804_041957.jpg

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"

And people laugh at me when I say don't store 2 sticks of Arko together in the dark. Overnight they get cozy and procreate. How else does it last forever?

Arko August 4th

Universal Lama Intera
Astra SP (3)
Arko stick
Omega 636 Silvertip
IMG_20190804_093608-01.jpeg

The lather in the bowl is what remained after wiping the excess from a 3-pass, face lather shave.

What a great shave today! I bowl-lathered Arko for the first time and was very impressed with the results. I loaded the brush for approximately 30 seconds and started building lather in a bowl. I was able to accomplish several passes on my face and head and there was still plenty of lather remaining.

I will continue to use Arko sticks when I'm traveling or pressed for time, but bowl-lathering is definitely an option now. Using this soap for the entire month just got a whole lot easier.

Last edited:
Top Bottom