What's new

PIF: Teacher Alert

In honor of my father’s teaching career (and to in some small way make up for all the misbehavior I took part in during my grades 1-12 days) I offer this Teacher PIF.

PIF to a teacher... K-12 grade.

1 40’s style SuperSpeed

1 Arco Shave Stick

1 Yaqi 24mm SilverTip brush

Derby Premium, Derby Extra, and PolSilver Blades

Sample Pacific Caffeinated After Shave

Sample Epsilon “Blue Mediterranean” After Shave

To enter:

Reply here with:

The grade/subject you teach.
List the one thing you wish everyone knew about teaching in the classroom today.

Bonus: What was the best song recorded by The Beatles or a Beatle (non-players may also help out by listing the best Beatle Song)

Shipping to CONUS only. Winner announced Wednesday (10 July) evening.

2019_Jul_06_8066_LR.jpg

NOT In. But...as the Son of retired 6-7-8th grade inner city math teacher, I really appreciate this PIF and everything our school teachers do for our kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ironically... about 30 minutes after posting the PIF I received word that my 9th grade English teacher, Mrs. Jones... no relation, has passed on. She was a sweet lady who put up with my tom-foolery in class. RIP sweet lady.

Attachments

• Mrs. Jones.JPG
    Mrs. Jones.JPG
    116 KB · Views: 15
Ironically... about 30 minutes after posting the PIF I received word that my 9th grade English teacher, Mrs. Jones... no relation, has passed on. She was a sweet lady who put up with my tom-foolery in class. RIP sweet lady.

Recently lost our beloved HS English teacher at age 88. RIP Mr. McKinney (tho we were all told we had to call him Charles after we graduated, I never could)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear about the passing of your teacher. I've tried to make it a point to reach out to my mentors and teachers in the past few years to make sure I thank them before it's too late. And a little Tom Foolery is a good thing, I think.

I'm in. I teach high school band and guitar. I wish that parents especially understood that though I teach music, I am really teaching their child to be responsible and a good citizen first and foremost, and way too often parents interfere with my ability to do that effectively.

Favorite Beatles song is "In My Life"

Thanks for the opportunity!
Cheers!

Not in, as I'm not a teacher, although I raised one. One of my favorite songs by a Beatle is “Band on the Run" by McCartney.

Sorry to hear about the passing of your teacher. I've tried to make it a point to reach out to my mentors and teachers in the past few years to make sure I thank them before it's too late. And a little Tom Foolery is a good thing, I think.

I too have made it a point, over the past 46 years, to stay in touch with my teachers (and classmates). It is a worthwhile effort. Mrs. Jones, and the others, did admit that I usually got them to laughing and that's why I didn't get sent to the Principal's office... at least not often.

Not a teacher yet, but currently rounding out my bachelor's to become one. Not in but great PIF, and looking forward to some interesting replies!

Been a long time reader of the forum. This motivated me to get on board.
22 year PE teacher 9-12
Kids today have very little interest in playing sports unless it is on their cell phones.

Best Beatles song, come on...
Maxwells silver hammer!!!
Thanks for doing this.
Chad

EB Newfarm

Cane? I'm Able!
I am a teacher, 10th grade social studies. I was going to enter, but then I realized I have a whole bunch of kit, and decided to I should just add to this PIF. Leonard, if you will send me the winner's address and I will ship off the following:
A Yaqi synthetic brush, a Mystic Waters shave stick (that I won in a PIF), and a tuck of Nacets- (my 2019 blade).
Maybe others might be motivated to jump in and add to the PIF if they had a positive experience in school! By the way, my favorite Beatle was John Lennon, and the song Imagine wins my vote.
IMG_0879.JPG

I sure will. That is a very generous offer and should be rewarded. I would like to send you something you don't already have... perhaps a vintage puck of Colgate Cup Soap? PM me if interested.
2019_Jul_06_8071_LR.jpg

Last edited:
Respectfully not in. I'm a teacher, but in college not K-12. I'm able to do that because of a few outstanding teachers I had (and one wonderful guidance counselor!). They saw something in me that no one else did, including me. I'll be forever grateful.

In honor of those memories, I'll go with the Beatles' "Yesterday."

I love this PIF. I recently finished a masters in education, although I have not yet entered that career field. Good luck to those who have taken the challenge.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom