What's new

Whats cooking in 2019?

When i went to bed last night it was snowing, suppose to be spring. This morning there was snow on the ground again and it's still there... soup day.

file1-37.jpeg

Asian beef noodle.

file3-26.jpeg
file2-32.jpeg

dave

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Yummy
It was in the 50’s here today

I did a pot of rice cooked with cinnamon, sugar, and water and then once done added a stick of butter and Pet evaporated milk. I always make 3 cups or more so I can freeze some for my parents.
Great for cold mornings!
My father’s eats it cold!

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Yummy
It was in the 50’s here today

I did a pot of rice cooked with cinnamon, sugar, and water and then once done added a stick of butter and Pet evaporated milk. I always make 3 cups or more so I can freeze some for my parents.
Great for cold mornings!
My father’s eats it cold!
Mother use to make that for me as a kid...minus the evaporated milk.

Mashed potatoes (sweet, red, purple), sun chokes, gonger, shrooms, kale, chicken broth, coconut milk, bacon grease and beef tallow, lemon juice, acv, sea salt.

89991A04-B0DB-4499-BF85-16222FA081CF.jpeg

Last edited:

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Pork roast rubbed well with salt, pepper and paprika then seared in a hot pan. On a bed of sweet onion, olive oil and garlic. Yellow potatoes, parsnips and carrots with 1/2 cup water added.

I'll make the gravy and add it with one can of baby potatoes an hour or so before it comes out, which is going to be later than I hoped...

IMG_3070.JPG

My turn to make dessert, loads of milk, heavy cream, sugar, egg yolks and one precious vanilla bean. Managed to go eight for eight separating egg yolks, a record. Recipe had me baking for half an hour, took another hour in the oven to set up properly... so it goes.

And finally a chance to play with my new torch.

Crème brûlée, only six small ramekins.

file3-27.jpeg
file2-33.jpeg
file4-23.jpeg
file6-16.jpeg
file1-38.jpeg
file-48.jpeg
file5-22.jpeg

dave

Good grief. Davent makes Emeril's dishes seem like child's play. I've seen a lot of good chefs and I'm a foodie, but Davent brings the hammer down when it comes to perfection.

Last edited:
Beef Stroganoff, with roasted cauliflower mash (trying to be healthy!). Started by slowly sautéing sliced onions for a good 10 mins, then some sliced mushrooms and a finely chopped clove of garlic in for a few mins. Add in a decent amount of paprika and black pepper, let that cook off for a minute or so. Then a glass of red wine, whatever you are drinking, let that bubble away with a cheeky spoonful of sugar, then a small carton of beef stock and a spoon of mustard. Get it boiling and reduce till saucy. Pour into a bowl, and have a glass of rose.

Get the pan nice and hot and add the beef. I used fillet steak, sliced quite thinly and salted and peppered. Fry that for maybe 3 mins until it has some colour then add back the liquid and stir through. Slop some soured cream in, check seasoning - unfortunately the stock that I get here is a bit salty so I have to be careful adding salt - and serve. Try and drizzle some sour cream for effect, but by this time I am onto the red wine and it's a bit difficult.

Meanwhile, chop the cauliflower up and pour over EVOO, season and into the oven with a few cloves of garlic. I also sprinkled over some mild chilli powder. Roast for about 25 mins at 220C. Melt some butter in a pan, splash in some milk and get the florets in. Use a blender and blitz it to a puree.

Slap everything onto serving dishes and have another glass.

As usual on a Saturday, no music, Rebels v Sunwolves Superugby on the TV.

56237503_10158373458398275_1553557956648239104_o.jpg

A three egg pasta cut into sorta tagliatelle strands with a bolognese sauce.

Bottle of red infused with 1/4c dried porcini mushrooms and 4 cups beef stock cooked down with a 1lb sauteed mix of ground pork/veal/beef, pancetta, onion/carrots/garlic, tomato paste, finished with heavy cream...

file3-31.jpeg
file4-24.jpeg
file-53.jpeg
file1-43.jpeg

file2-37.jpeg

Last night brined rotisseried chicken outside on the grill, was going to roast in the oven it but spring arrived unexpectedly yesterday so change of plans.

IMG_E4278.JPG

Thursday night veg/bean burrito, black beans, zucchini, corn, red peppers, avocados and mild gouda.

IMG_E4273.JPG
IMG_E4275.JPG

dave

Last edited:

shavefan

I’m not a fan

Bottle of red infused with 1/4c dried porcini mushrooms and 4 cups beef stock cooked down with a 1lb sauteed mix of ground pork/veal/beef, pancetta, onion/carrots/garlic, tomato paste, finished with heavy cream...

View attachment 970279 View attachment 970280 View attachment 970283 View attachment 970284
View attachment 970285

Last night brined rotisseried chicken outside on the grill, was going to roast in the oven it but spring arrived unexpectedly yesterday so change of plans.

View attachment 970286

Thursday night veg/bean burrito, black beans, zucchini, corn, red peppers, avocados and mild gouda.

View attachment 970288 View attachment 970289
dave

Oh my!

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Beef Stroganoff, with roasted cauliflower mash (trying to be healthy!). Started by slowly sautéing sliced onions for a good 10 mins, then some sliced mushrooms and a finely chopped clove of garlic in for a few mins. Add in a decent amount of paprika and black pepper, let that cook off for a minute or so. Then a glass of red wine, whatever you are drinking, let that bubble away with a cheeky spoonful of sugar, then a small carton of beef stock and a spoon of mustard. Get it boiling and reduce till saucy. Pour into a bowl, and have a glass of rose.

Get the pan nice and hot and add the beef. I used fillet steak, sliced quite thinly and salted and peppered. Fry that for maybe 3 mins until it has some colour then add back the liquid and stir through. Slop some soured cream in, check seasoning - unfortunately the stock that I get here is a bit salty so I have to be careful adding salt - and serve. Try and drizzle some sour cream for effect, but by this time I am onto the red wine and it's a bit difficult.

Meanwhile, chop the cauliflower up and pour over EVOO, season and into the oven with a few cloves of garlic. I also sprinkled over some mild chilli powder. Roast for about 25 mins at 220C. Melt some butter in a pan, splash in some milk and get the florets in. Use a blender and blitz it to a puree.

Slap everything onto serving dishes and have another glass.

As usual on a Saturday, no music, Rebels v Sunwolves Superugby on the TV.

View attachment 970040

Looks great! I love making stroganoff from scratch. Chicken, opposed to beef, has been my go to stroganoff for the past few years. Venison stroganoff with cognac is absolutely delicious, but I haven't been hunting in a number of years, so I haven't tried it in a long while.

View attachment 970279 View attachment 970280 View attachment 970283 View attachment 970284
View attachment 970285

View attachment 970286

View attachment 970288 View attachment 970289
dave

Oh man! Everything looks amazing!

Top Bottom