What's new

Barbasol 100th Anniversary Edition Can

try pacfic rush barbasol or gillette barbershop fresh! nice scents!

i've already spotted the gillette barbershop foam at a few places...it's on my radar but i haven't picked it up yet.

I used the Barbasol again today....mixed with the green capped Cremo Natural, and spread them around with a warm wet boar brush. Shave was excellent (Fatip Piccolo gentile). Finished up with the matching Cremo balm. The green Natural version of Cremo has a great smell, it's a little woody and spicy...very much like the Spieck stick, almost exactly like it, actually. So it gave the Barbasol a nice boost in scent and slickness. If anyone wants to try the Cremo Naturals, they're walmart exclusive items, so that's the only place to get them.

Last edited:
i've already spotted the gillette barbershop foam at a few places...it's on my radar but i haven't picked it up yet.

I used the Barbasol again today....mixed with the green capped Cremo Natural, and spread them around with a warm wet boar brush. Shave was excellent (Fatip Piccolo gentile). Finished up with the matching Cremo balm. The green Natural version of Cremo has a great smell, it's a little woody and spicy...very much like the spieck stick, almost exactly like it, actually. So it gave the Barbasol a nice boost in scent and slickness. If anyone wants to try the Cremo Naturals, they're walmart exclusive items, so that's the only place to get them.
thanks for giving it a try i dont knock it till i tried it

Stopped by my Big Lots today but not in stock. They had three different Barbasol varieties but not the anniversary edition. Just as well since I did not need it.

On Saturday I had to change a $5 to wash my car, so I stopped in to the Family Dollar and saw the 100th can at $1.70. (Not much savings around that shop.) On Saturday evening I used it to shave a 36-hour beard, wielding my Red Tip, and the shave was excellent. For the rest of the evening, though, I kept imagining I was whiffing TOBS Sandalwood cream!

On Saturday I had to change a $5 to wash my car, so I stopped in to the Family Dollar and saw the 100th can at $1.70. (Not much savings around that shop.) On Saturday evening I used it to shave a 36-hour beard, wielding my Red Tip, and the shave was excellent. For the rest of the evening, though, I kept imagining I was whiffing TOBS Sandalwood cream!
yeah barbasol is good even though its not a fancy soap it shaves well

I saw the 100th can at my Stop & Shop. But what I did notice that was more interesting is Barbasol has a new can now that is slimmer and holds only 7 oz instead of 10 oz. And it was the same price as the 10 oz.$1.49.
Looks like a big price jump to me.

I saw the 100th can at my Stop & Shop. But what I did notice that was more interesting is Barbasol has a new can now that is slimmer and holds only 7 oz instead of 10 oz. And it was the same price as the 10 oz.$1.49.
Looks like a big price jump to me.

Just came on this thread to mention that it seems like Barbasol is switching to 7oz cans and there is another thread going on already about this. I love barbasol so I'll probably still buy it. It's not on their website yet but it's looking like Walmart, target, Publix, and the big name pharmacies are all switching to these 7oz cans.

You can get 6oz cans of Original and Aloe in Dollar Tree stores for $0.99 along with the barbasol aftershaves in generic bottles labeled as "aftershave".

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Just came on this thread to mention that it seems like Barbasol is switching to 7oz cans and there is another thread going on already about this. I love barbasol so I'll probably still buy it. It's not on their website yet but it's looking like Walmart, target, Publix, and the big name pharmacies are all switching to these 7oz cans.

You can get 6oz cans of Original and Aloe in Dollar Tree stores for $0.99 along with the barbasol aftershaves in generic bottles labeled as "aftershave".

The switcharoo to 7 oz. cans is enough to anger any consumer.

When Dove chocolates switched from 12-oz to 9-oz bags, I quit them.

After a while, the "classic" 12-oz bag reappeared, but only for the one flavor.

I wouldn't even buy that one again.

It's Barbasol's prerogative to assume their consumers are blind/fools/ignorant/shortsighted. "The rubes will never notice! We'll save 22.44567% per can!"

It's our prerogative to not purchase their product.

Glad I got the 100th can; it's a decoration. And my last purchase.

AA

They feel they can get away with it so more power to them. If people do start boycotting them maybe they will have a change of heart.

I noticed that the Barbasol was now in 7oz cans at Target with a large cap.

Top Bottom