What's new

Dropped my razor in the toilet :-(

I once dated a gal who dropped no less than three cell phones into the toilet within a year.

She is not my wife today.

I disagree. It needs to be completely cleaned, inside & out. Period.

Do you really want to shave with dirty toilet water? Probably not.

Dawn soap and hot water bath followed by a 10 minute soak in alcohol or pif it to the dude that asked. I want no part of it .lol

I disagree. It needs to be completely cleaned, inside & out. Period.

Do you really want to shave with dirty toilet water? Probably not.

Cleaned/rinsed poopy cloth diapers in the toilet bowl for years, washed my hands with soap and water and went and made lunch, not a big deal.
dave

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Just a wash in dish washing detergent and a maybe a little dip in either alcohol ot Dettol would be suffice.

I once dated a gal who dropped no less than three cell phones into the toilet within a year.

I used to work in IT. This is surprisingly common. It was one of the top reasons for phone repairs/replacements.

The worst case was a phone that went down, and was retrieved from, the tank of a portable toilet. It had been rinsed off, but was still pretty pungent. We usually made an effort to repair the phones. Not that one.

As for the razor in question here, I'd just put it in a 3% peroxide solution for a few minutes and then rinse it off. It doesn't sound like a big deal. After all, your work-issued mobile phone may well have been through worse before you received it (if you weren't issued with a brand-new one).

R

romsitsa

No worries. Just think about kitchen knifes, one doesn’t bin one after cutting raw meat or vegetables.

Adam

Not to seem a worry-wart but don't forget that people have died from getting nicked with a non-sterile razor. It's not so common now but at one time it was a very real threat. Modern materials help keep things more sanitary but don't get lulled into a false sense of security about this. I would say you should thoroughly clean and disinfect it. The good news is that since it's a modern razor it should clean up fairly easily.

Your not the Lone Ranger I've done it twice. Another vote for non-bleach Scrubbing Bubbles and then hot tap water and a good scrub with Dawn.

So you dropped a razor in a toilet bowl that had clean water in it that came from the same water supply that you shave with on a daily basis!! Unless you are a complete slob and "never" clean your toilet bowl its no harm no foul and not a big deal at all. Just clean the razor with some Dawn in some warm water with a mild brush, toss the blade and move on from it...

Treat it like it just arrived from eBay, an antique store, garage sale, or the BST.
Or put it on eBay, the BST, or have a garage sale...after cleaning it.

So you dropped a razor in a toilet bowl that had clean water in it that came from the same water supply that you shave with on a daily basis!! Unless you are a complete slob and "never" clean your toilet bowl its no harm no foul and not a big deal at all. Just clean the razor with some Dawn in some warm water with a mild brush, toss the blade and move on from it...

+1

Dude, just take a toothbrush and toothpaste to it. Scrub it, rinse it, use it. That’s what I would do. You could pour boiling water over it and let it soak for a few minutes.

You’re going to get about 900 answers here. Choose one that gives you the most peace of mind.

+1

Great answer.

Top Bottom