What's new

Voskhod Comrades Club

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
I'm in...and here is a pic of my one & only 'go-to' blade with my Merkur 23C (on the left), and 38C (on the right);

View attachment 343236

proxy.php
“A razor [blade] can’t be sharpened on a piece of velvet”. Author Unknown

In a nut shell, I found this (my one & only 'go-to'), blade to be 'awesome', moderately sharp (almost as sharp as a KAI, but much smoother & cheaper), forgiving and perfect with no pulling or tugging, very, very smooth, (albeit a 'weeper' now & then..but zero 'nicks'), no irritation and/or razor burn that 99.9% of the time results in CCS's in 3 passes (WTG, CTG & ATG), with 2 great shaves per blade (I shave every-other day with Saturdays as my shaving 'day off'),...and are very compatible with both of my Merkur 23C & 38C razors. :thumbsup:

NOTE: Same info posted in the Razor Blade Review Subforum.

Read More: http://badgerandblade.com/reviews/sh...product=211221

proxy.php
"Dа...бритва[лезвие] не может быть обострена на части бархата". Автор неизвестен (translation...“Yes...a razor [blade] can’t be sharpened on a piece of velvet”. Author Unknown

Last edited:
I'd also like to join this brotherhood, and I almost pulled the trigger on 100 of these buggers, but if I don't like them then I have to mess with selling them. If anyone is interested in trading for, say 10-15 of them so I can give them a good test drive, I have in bulk Silver Blues, Crystal Israeli's and Astra's. PM me if anyone cares to trade.

I have 160+ of these and count them among my favorite blades along with Feathers, KAI, Bolzano, POL SuperIridium, and Gillette Yellow.

My favourite blade! One of only 3 blades I stock in bulk (iridium supers and feathers being the other 2)

Pic: voskhod in my red tip.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 392

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
ArNav:
Da...! :thumbsup:

proxy.php
"Dа...Время от времени, лезвие может быть между фокусами и изумление". (Translation...“Yes...at times, a razor blade can be between gimmickry and amazement”. CBJ

My first Voskhod 100 buy arrived today I had a few single packs and are my favorites next to Polsiver SI's
$IMG_0973.jpg

Enjoying them so much that there will be 200 coming here soon. I have been reaching for them first the last few weeks.

I've only had one shave with the Voskhod. I was looking forward to a great shave, but I felt the blade was dull and tugged on the hairs. I ended up using more pressure and getting a couple of nicks. I'll try it again (Progress razor) but unfortunately I'm not impressed.

Just been reading through this thread. I've never tried a Voskhod blade before, but I couldn't resist it!
Just bought 100 delivered to the UK from Moscow for £11. That sounds like a bargain to me!
Hope I like them......I'm impetuous sometimes!

I was disappointed with the Voskhod. I have revisited them once, and will do so again. I usually shave no more than 3 times with a blade so a slow starter out of the gate is not for me.

I had never tried a Voskhod blade, but reading this thread I took a chance and ordered a 100 from Moscow on EBay. I also sent off for 5 blades from someone in the UK because I was eager to try these blades. The 5 arrived yesterday and the postman delivered them before I had had my morning shave, which was great, I then had a chance to try one. I put it in one of my favorite razors, a New Improved head on a ATT Atlas handle. I must say that I had one of the smoothest shaves that I have ever had. I'm going to try it out for a few more days, but this could be my new favorite blade!

I love Sputniks but unfortunately I've never been able to find a seller the sells Voskhods by the pack to try them, and from what I understand they are very similar blades.

Would anyone be willing to trade a pack of Voskhods for a pack of Sputniks, Bolzanos, or Gillette Silver Blues?

Top Bottom