What's new

Voskhod Comrades Club

Voskhods are my favorite blade by a good margin, I just wish there was a better way to get them to save shipping costs. I have emailed WCS in the past about the possibility of them carrying them but was told they couldn't find a good supplier or something like that. That's unfortunate because I would love the ability to buy my favorite blades from my favorite vendor.

How would you compare them to my goto blades
7 o'clock blacks
Feathers
Astras
meds

Might be a thought to add suppliers of these blades also...
There was a big controversy about a year ago because the wholesaler of Voskhod, Rapira and Ladas was doing sales directly to the public for wholesale prices. All the online stores sold all their stock of them and stopped carrying them. I was able to buy some Rapiras and Ladas for $8/100 shipped in the sell off but the Voskhods were gone before I could get them.

I received 100 Voskhods last week and finally used one this morning. I paired it up with my EJ86, slapped on some Proraso Pre, face lathered some NB Signature and had a phenomenal shave. I am seriously impressed.
I will post a picture sometime soon to earn my membership badge.

How would you compare them to my goto blades
7 o'clock blacks
Feathers
Astras
meds

I find them pretty similar in performance to the meds and blacks... well, in my case to the labs and blues, but meds/labs and blacks/blues are generally considered to be pretty close to each other. I do get a better comfort shave than with the labs, with the same performance sharpness wise.

Voskhod was in the fatboy today, truly a superior shaving experience for me. Love that blade in the fatboy.

I find them pretty similar in performance to the meds and blacks... well, in my case to the labs and blues, but meds/labs and blacks/blues are generally considered to be pretty close to each other. I do get a better comfort shave than with the labs, with the same performance sharpness wise.

Voskhod was in the fatboy today, truly a superior shaving experience for me. Love that blade in the fatboy.

thanks rat, sounds like ill like them

To me they're a bit sharper than Astras (I like Astras too) & smoother than Feathers. I haven't tried Meds or 7 o'clocks.
Yep- I second that opinion. What great blades these are. I got mine from Shaveden and they were at bit pricey considering the P&P. They should really be stocked -and priced (lower) elsewhere I think.

Yep- I second that opinion. What great blades these are. I got mine from Shaveden and they were at bit pricey considering the P&P. They should really be stocked -and priced (lower) elsewhere I think.

I bet if you compared the price you paid at The Shave Den to what Razorbladesandmore.com was selling them for before they cleared them out, you'd find you paid the same or less. I found one post on B&B that said they charged $20/100+shipping.

RussianRazor.com, when it was open, sold them for $16.50/100, plus $5 shipping

I guess I don't see where $12/100, plus $5 shipping, is that outrageous. It's certainly cheaper than ebay ($14/100+$7 shipping). Perhaps the shipping costs to Europe do inflate the price quite a bit though. I do agree they should be stocked elsewhere though.

I bet if you compared the price you paid at The Shave Den to what Razorbladesandmore.com was selling them for before they cleared them out, you'd find you paid the same or less. I found one post on B&B that said they charged $20/100+shipping.

RussianRazor.com, when it was open, sold them for $16.50/100, plus $5 shipping

I guess I don't see where $12/100, plus $5 shipping, is that outrageous. It's certainly cheaper than ebay ($14/100+$7 shipping). Perhaps the shipping costs to Europe do inflate the price quite a bit though. I do agree they should be stocked elsewhere though.

Based on Henrik's location, I'm guessing it may have cost more then then $5 in shipping to get the blades sent to Sweden...

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
just used these for the fist time today. I'm impressed. not bad at all in my Slim. a few more successful shaves and i'll add them to the list.

My Voskhod blades does not say "teflon coated" on them (on the blade). Instead it is written "super stainless".
I wonder if they are fake? $20130122_000458[1].jpgThe shave is not very good with these, alot of pulling and discomfort, with my Mhule r89.

Last edited:
Sure can.
This is the other side of the blade and wrapper. These blades was part of a sample pack, with Ladas and Swedish Supersteel. Both of them very nice blades. This Voskhod is just totally different. Another difference is that both Ladas and Swedish Supersteel have glue spots, but not the Voskhod.$20130122_235244[1].jpg

On a slightly different note, I just bought some Teflon coated Sputniks, they are superb, I bought them from the shop over the road for 30 cents for a packet of 5. A superb shave, I was very impressed.

Top Bottom