What's new

Voskhod Comrades Club

Show your appreciation for one of the least hyped blades around.
Sharper than a Personna Red yet smoother than a Feather, the Voskhod offers a fabulously smooth, clean shave time after time.
Great value too, at $14 for 100 (£8:70) + p&p off ebay.
Paired with the DE89

proxy.php

proxy.php

it is awesome.

The only requirement to join the VCC is that you post a pic of your razor & Voskhod blades as a sign of respect!
Welcome, Comrades! Spread the word :001_cool:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
It's safe to say that I like Rooskie blades. In addition to the obvious here, one of the Astra packs is actually full of Voskhods. I don't know if they're all shown here, but I have over 900 Voskhods, about 260 Ladas, and 100 Rapiras.

$8242211712_ee7404b0c8_b.jpg

At work and can't take a pic till I get home, but I rock the Voskhods in my Fatboy. It's one of only 4 blades I stock in bulk. I have to admit, I hadn't had great luck with it in my 37c, but that could be me not having that razor dialed in well yet.

In my testing of razor & blade combinations, I have a scoring system from 0-15. Scores from 10-11.9 are a pretty good combo. Scores 12 and above are a great combo.

The Voskhod is the only blade that has scored 12 or above in every razor I've tried it in, which includes the Merkurs 38M, 42C, and Gillettes Old Type, NEW, and Tech.

That's why I have over 900 of them.

They have been in my top 5 blades since I started using them about a year ago.

Nice, sharp, AND smooth. A great blade at a decent price (when you can find them).

I may have 4-500 of them. Not sure any more but I know that I have more Voskhod blades than any other single brand. Feather comes in a close second as far as the quantity I have on hand.

proxy.php

Last edited:
I'll have to owe you a picture, but Voskhods are tops. I also first used them in the R89 - it's a dream couple, but thank God Voskhods are not monogamous. They are great in every razor I tried them in.

Voskhod and also Super Iridiums (Iridia?) and Gillette 7 O'Clock Blacks, for me.

The Voskhod and Polsilver Super Iridiums are definitely in my top 3, at least in my Atlas H1. The third spot is either Personna Med Preps or Gillette Blacks. In my Slim, I'd have to put Feathers in the top 3, but they don't work as well in the Atlas.

The Polsilver Super Iridium blades are from Russia, and the Gillette Blacks are from India.

Nick

The recent thread on Voskhods and DE89 inspired to use that combo today. Indeed - a very close comfortable shave. I tried Voskhods a few months ago and liked them so well I went ahead and bought a hundred. I mix them in with my other favorites so end up using a couple every few weeks. Very nice.

Voskhods are my favorite blade by a good margin, I just wish there was a better way to get them to save shipping costs. I have emailed WCS in the past about the possibility of them carrying them but was told they couldn't find a good supplier or something like that. That's unfortunate because I would love the ability to buy my favorite blades from my favorite vendor.

Top Bottom