What's new

Voskhod Comrades Club

I'm officially ready to join.

Here's my tale: I had a huge (1000+) backstock of Astra SPs, even though my favorite blades were GSBs and Nacets. Recently, I had been noticing that the Astras were giving my very sensitive skin a pretty harsh shave compared to the Nacets. I had always liked, but not loved, Astras, and I think they represent a very good value. I had tried Voskhods before, but I found them tuggy. After a little research, I decided to try them again--after all, I am using better soap and better technique than the last time I tried them.

So I loaded a Voskhod into my blue tip SS a couple of days ago, and got down to business. The first thing I noticed was that the Voskhod doesn't have the "knife through hot butter" sensation that GSBs, and even Astras, can have. You can feel the blade working. I know this has been discussed before, but the blade smoothed out after a few strokes. And although I used all kinds of angles, blade buffing, and J-hooking, the Voskhod simply refused to nick me or cause irritation. Wow. Maybe I had a little extra work to do in the cleanup pass, but I was left with a 100% irritation-free shave. A splash of AV Musk and I was good to go. Really, it was one of the best shaves I've had for years. And my shaves over the past couple of days only confirmed that first shaves' experience.

And you can guess what comes next--I ended up selling 800 of the Astras, and buying 700 Voskhods from Russia via a certain auction site. Then I found a guy who wanted to unload 300 Voskhods for a very fair price, and I scooped them up.

So, with 1000 Voskhods soon to be in my den, I humbly ask for recognition as a Comrade. Here's the required photo...
$image.jpg

Now it's official - I'm totally hooked. Recently received my first 100 Voskhod blades and tried them. BBS for me. They are awesome. So this morning I went back to eBay and ordered a few hundreds more.

$image2(1).jpg

Fellow Comrades,

During my time of trying to find the perfect blade that would give me the best sharpness, but not give me razor burn I came about many different blades that promised that.
My first experience was a 100 pack of Derby's, needless to say it did not last long before I realized that I could not get that close of a shave.
I escalated rather quickly to the Feather blades. They gave me the close shave I wanted, but I often got cut.
Fed up with not finding the right blades I ordered a sample pack from Maggard which contained 7 different blades. This was my first time trying the Voskhod blades and I fell in love with them.
When the sample pack ran out, I took it upon myself to order a 100 pack and I've never looked back.

долго жить ВОСХОД!

I find the Voskhod similar to the Astra SP, but much smoother, and since they are basically both the same price, the choice is easy.

Comrades! I am ready to join you. I was running low on my first 100. Re upped another hundred Voskhod, was so happy with my irritation free shaves that i bought 300 more on ebay with combined shipping. I recently have been getting into vintage gillette razors and some came with sampler packs. I try different blades but I always come back to our favorite. Voskhod works great in every DE I have. My favorite right now is voskhod in gillette slim set at 5.

$MWZN15w.jpg

Top Bottom