What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" June 5th - June 11th, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
The razor is a beauty, Christopher. How did you like its performance? You made your own Rino A/S? Please tell.
I like the pre-15 very much Ron! It seems just as smooth and a touch more aggressive than my No.15. Going to compare tomorrow.
So, Rhinoceros A/S... Start by soaking an empty 3.5oz glass A/S bottle (white vinegar and then alcohol. It can take a few hours to a few days) to get the old scent out but pitch the cap and pour insert. Those are plastic and there is no getting a scent out of them... Pop the top off of a Rhinoceros sampler (2.5 ml/$6.00) and pour into the bottle. Add 1.5oz of 90% isopropyl alcohol (next time I'll use Everclear as it doesn't have the additive that makes iso undrinkable and also adds a strong odor) and top off with Thayer's unscented alcohol free witch hazel. Acquire a "new" new cap (one off a 20oz soda bottle works great. Just don't over tighten or it will strip) and shake the daylights out of it! It will go cloudy for a bit then clarify. Then let it rest for a few days. It will smell strongly of alcohol at first and then as everything mingles and settles a bit the scent will mature and smell just like the soap! So easy even I can do it! :lol:
proxy.php

Jamie's Birthday Shave
**6/11/1974**
1. Hot shower.
2. PAA CaD pre shave soap/lather booster.
3. FINE American Blend Soap Puck.
4. FINE stubby synth brush.
5. Shick Type L7 Championship - new Vintage Plus Platninum blade - WOW what a sharp blade, eat your heart out feather. The blade was made in 1974 and it is such quality..
6. Master witch hazel / FINE American blend after shave / CaD BALM.

Sunday
Prep: Warm Shower-Stirling Bath-Scots Pine Sheep
Soap: Chiseled Face Ghost Town Barber
Razor: Gillette Black Beauty Super Adjustable
Blade: Vintage Wilkinson Sword NEW Chromium “Light Brigade” (Shave #4)
Brush: John’s Brushes Silvertip-22mmx48mm
Aftershave: Chiseled Face Ghost Town Barber

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angles for my beard)

Chiseled Face Ghost Town Barber today. 20 seconds to load the JB Silvertip brush. Easy, thick, slick, lather. Vintage Wilkison Light Brigade NEW Chromium still in the Black Beauty. Excellent smooth, close shave. I finished with Chiseled Face Ghost Town Barber aftershave.

Bob

proxy.php

That's a mighty handsome Black Beauty, Bob It goes well with the brush.

proxy.php

PARADIGM :: DECLARATION :: TALLOW + STEEL

Himalaya is dominated by Amber with bright notes. Performance was excellent- slick cushioning lather with great post shave feel. Another winner (are we tired of winning yet?).

Striking image, Chris. Love that reflective table top. Now I have to decide how many of the new T+S to get!

Jamie's Birthday Shave
**6/11/1974**
1. Hot shower.
2. PAA CaD pre shave soap/lather booster.
3. FINE American Blend Soap Puck.
4. FINE stubby synth brush.
5. Shick Type L7 Championship - new Vintage Plus Platninum blade - WOW what a sharp blade, eat your heart out feather. The blade was made in 1974 and it is such quality..
6. Master witch hazel / FINE American blend after shave / CaD BALM.

G
Happy birthday, Jamie! As I recall, 43 was a good age. Excellent birthday shave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom