What's new

🇨🇦 🍁 🏒 🍺 “SOTD - Canadian Theme Week April 8-14, 2024” 🍁 🇨🇦 🏒🍺

Status
Not open for further replies.
It‘s time again for another SOTD Theme Week, eh? Let’s see your SOTD that contains at least one item made in Canada if you can!

Let’s see your Rockwell, Karve, Razorock, Wolfman and Canadian made vintage Gillette razors! Show us your First Canadian Shave, Highland Springs, Rocky Mountain, Henri et Victoria and Canadian Shaving Co. soaps and aftershaves! Spiffo and Fendrihan Brushes too!

Don’t have anything Canadian? Using non-Canadian shaving gear while eating back bacon, poutine, ketchup chips or Kraft Dinner works too! Have a rare maple syrup soap or AS? Pounding back a couple of Molson Canadians or Labatt’s Blues? Just mixed a Crown Royal or Canadian Club and Coke? Yes, yes and yes!

Being creative and having fun IS mandatory but sticking with the theme is NOT mandatory but encouraged. Feel free to post any SOTD photo or just tell us about your shave.

Have fun!

1712512167626.jpeg

1712512204643.jpeg

1712512519282.jpeg

1712512546018.jpeg

Menthol Monday SOTD
20240407_143854.jpg

Razor: Charcoal Goods Gen3 L2
Blade: Gillette London Bridge (D1)
Brush: Rubberset 49-4 w 26mm G5C synthetic
Bowl: Symmetrical Pottery Brown
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Ice Cube 2
Pre-Shave Balm: Extro Cologne Italiana
Shave Soap: Martin de Candre Agrumes Iced (Koolada)
Butter: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: Extro Cologne Italiana

IMG_6518.jpeg

Monday, March 8, 2024

Pre-Shave: Kiehl's Age Defender Exfoliating Cleanser
Razor: Mühle R89 Destroyer
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium (3) binned
Brush: Arno Classic #12, Gen5 synthetic
Bowl: DSC scuttle
Soap: House of Mammoth - Almond Leather (sample) / YBN Glycerin
Alum: none
A/S: TOBS - Royal Forest
EdP: Byredo - Rose of No Man's Land

I mixed things up a bit today as I am getting razor burn the past few weeks and I can't quite pinpoint the cause. This wasn't an issue for me when I started out. I started today with a cold water wash with the exfoliating cleanser but instead of applying the Glycerin / Olive Oil / Allantoin gel to my face, I added a small splash to the soap lather. Lather was superb; thick and creamy and hydrated.

I changed shaving technique slightly as well. Before I made fast and very short strokes possibly going over areas more than once. Here's what I changed today: I slowed down and made longer strokes, making sure not to go over the same area more than once. I only made a 2-pass WTG shave, no ATG. I consciously made an effort to not exert any pressure. However, I didn't work on a proper angle and this is probably something I need to pay more attention to going forward. Naturally, this was only a CCS- today.

I completed the shave with cold water splash followed by application of witch hazel and then Aftershave. The razor burn is still present, just not as much as before. I also checked whether alcohol based aftershave is an issue for me by applying Old Spice Classic sans shave. That wasn't a problem at all. I might do the same with soap lather and the brush, again without actually shaving, to rule out any reaction from those items. My feeling is that it's unlikely that those are the causes for the burn. Also, I have been using a GSB blade on Saturday and this is a blade I used many times before without any issues.

Nevertheless, I have some products coming which should help the burn: Thayer's Witch Hazel Unscented, Aloe Vera Gel, and a tube of Speick Shaving Cream. I'm sure I'll be able to figure this out.

SOTD-awesome.jpg

SOTD From India

A day ago I took out all menthol based shaving creams. This is the coolest one I have (and it has herbal ingredients, most of them). Took out the pretty infamous and unpredictable blade too. Stubble was 3 days and hence had to do a 3-pass SOTD, WTG + WTG + XTG. My hand was so light today. Razor is called Romer-7 CS11, a Muhle R41 clone.

What I learned from Shavette has become a muscle memory. I could not believe that I used to put so much pressure. Blade glided across the skin like hot knife in butter. One thing is certain now, my stubble and skin both work only with sharp blades. Had a little bit of alum sting but aftershave and aloe vera gel took care of that. Totally awesome, DFS, and amazing SOTD today. Unfortunately, I have nothing Canadian with me. Pretty expensive to get stuff from there. But one day I do want to get RazoRock MJ-90A, Lupo and Henson.

What a great way to start the week

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
IMG_1031.jpeg

1) Italy: Brush Omega 10777 Boar.
2) Italy: Shaving Soap Proraso White Tub.
3) USA: Razor Gillette NDC Gold Ball End Tech.
4) England: Razor Blade London Bridge Super Stainless.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm.
7) Spain: EDT Nautica Classic.

A SOD.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Cera Ve Hydrating Facial Cleanser
Soap/Cream
Vintage Williams
Brush
Yaqi 28 mm syn
Bowl
Old Spice Mug + Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
ATT S-1
Blade
Wizamet
Aftershave
Thayers WH & TOBS ASB
Fragrance
Yves Saint Laurent
Rating
10/10
Comments
Eh! This is my third shave with the ATT S-1 and Personna Medical Prep blade. It was another excellent shave: smooth and close. I am using a large synthetic brush today: the Yaqi 28 mm synthetic. The Williams is on its 103rd use. The soap puck is showing its use. The soap is getting thin and the hole in the puck is getting larger. The shave was perfect. Have a wonderful day, folks.

Last edited:

SOTD, Saturday, April 6th, 2024

Shower + glycerin soap face lather and rinse
Officina Artigiana Milano najran shave soap
Ever-Ready badger brush
Gillette adjustable safety razor with Silver Blue blade
Cool washcloth rinse
The Art of Shaving lemon aftershave balm

Sorry, unable to post last weekend while away!!
proxy.php

O Canada Week
8 April 2024
Total Eclipse of the Heart Day

1712581253824.png

• Canadian Brush: Mohawk 3-338 🇨🇦
  • Canadian Soap: MacDuff’s Trail Tobacco 🇨🇦
  • Aftershave: Blend of American Barber, Azzaro Pour Homme, Darkfall, and Tobacco
  • Fragrance: Azzaro Pour Homme
  • Razor: 6/8 Sheffield Cutlery
  • Scoop: Häagen-Dazs

MDC and MicroMatic Monday Merrymaking

Killing two Monday birds with one stone. I'll blame it on the Eclipse.
Wondeful Rose scent whipped into a frenzy by the Luxury knot.

Gem MicroMatic Razor
PAL Carbon Blue Blade (2X)
Martin de Candre Rose Soap Sample
AP ShaveCo Luxury Brush
Myrsol Agua de Limon Splash

RazoRock Tuscan Oud Aftershave

6905F50F-4683-4713-A543-2C54470EF87A-compressed.jpeg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
ASRazor shave, April 8th, 2024

Razor : Ever-Ready 1914(AKA= Little lather catcher or LLC) with 1st generation blade stops. Mfg 1914-17, mid range. If a person likes audio feed back this is a excellent razor for that audio feed back and the ER 1914 shaves like a champion razor also. I get excellent shaves with this razor and sometimes I use a Rigs shim to calm it down a notch like this morning if I want a easy going shave. Had a close comfortable shave this morning.
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(6) very sharp(the reason I mention it being very sharp is the amount or # of shaves it offers per blade, usually 10 for my self), excellent longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest blade to handle.
Soap : Speick stick, nice mild herbal scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "sagrada Familia " 22 mm 2band badger. Excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + great lather painter. Small handle but works like a charm for my shaving needs.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Ach Brito Lavanda with witch hazel+ a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 9.5.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable shave this morning with my Ever-Ready 1914 razor with a coated Gem blade.
SOTD April 8 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom