What's new

SOTD February 26th to March 03rd 2024. Free week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
proxy.php

Ethos Vetivert // Wolfman WR4 SB // Plisson 12 Horn EW // Ethos Vetivert Splash/EDP

8F34B660-AF47-4D3E-9F6F-682E15A6812B.jpeg

Razor - Carbon Cx-Damtanium “Triton”
Blade - Personna Lab Blue
Brush - Marley Machine Works Titanium Damascus
Soap - Ariana & Evans Stateside Sonata

One of my favorite razors with my favorite blade and an awesome soap = 5 ⭐️ shave. Titanium Damascus is one of my favorite metals - I get them with my knives so it is only fitting I get a razor and brush made from it. It’s the only safety razor that I know of made from this exquisite material. Sean from Carbon always pushes the envelope with the materials used to make his razors. Scott from Marley Machine Works is an artist in his own right and made me this awesome titanium damascus brush handle from scratch. The gelousy knot in this brush is a pleasure to use.

Sunday, March 4, 2024.

Floïd oil pre shave. Dr Harris: Windsor, shaving cream, lotion, balm aftershave & EdT. Pablo Fuertes: a) Pomo (knob), shaving brush: Boti Two Band Badger Hair fan Knot 24 mm, Patriot kirinite handle. b) Jose Monserrat Pou: Filarmónica 14 Doble Temple, custom scales patriot kirinite.

IMG_6904.jpeg

A SOD.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Cera Ve Hydrating Facial Cleanser
Soap/Cream
Vintage Williams
Brush
Rudy Vey Custom with Shavemac not
Bowl
Old Spice Mug + Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Feather AS-D2
Blade
Feather
Aftershave
Thayers WH & TOBS Sandalwood ASB
Fragrance
Yves Saint Laurent.
Rating
10/10
Comments
This is the sixth shave with my Feather AS-D2 razor and Feather blade. This combination resulted in a perfect shave. The brush today was a custom brush made by Rudy Vey. It has a 28mm Shavemac Silvertip Knot in it. It easily makes a lather that is rich and plentiful. I am continuing to use the Vintage Williams soap and today is the 87th use. Have a wonderful day and week, folks.

IMG_3763.JPG

Razor: Fatip Piccolo
Blade: Lord super chrome (5)
Brush: Zenith 205
Cream: Vicco turmeric
A/S: Nelum Sandalwood

Despite the warm/spicy scents of the cream and aftershave, they both have a nice amount of menthol to them.
Still getting used to the Vicco cream (2nd use). It is very thick and pasty out of the tube, the bleached bristles of the Zenith were too soft to hold the cream for face lathering, so I had to smear the cream onto my chin and load the brush from there.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE Sunday SOTD, March 3rd 2024

Razor : Yaqi SE Excalibur AC type with a Milano 316SSP handle- Mfg 2021>, tame mid range. Simple blade clamping system + head parts are small so I like to work on a wash cloth to reduce chances of dropping any parts. This little razor has given me consistent close shaves and enjoyable ones. 1st pass on this razor seems a bit tuggy compared to the Yaqi Romulus SE AC 316 polished version using the Schick proline blades. Had a close comfortable shave this morning.
Blade : Schick Proline P30 (5) sharp and smooth with reasonable longevity.
Soap : Mitchell's wool fat, mild clean scented lather with great lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi " Robin" 24mm boar bristle hair knot. Excellent lather generator, soft split end bristle hairs, nice splay scrubber + great lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : FINE Fresh Vetiver aftershave with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 9.5.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable shave this morning with my Yaqi Excalibur with a Schick proline blade.
SOTD March 3 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Sunday Morning Salutations

Razor rotation called for the Empire today. Fifth use on the modified Feather Light AC Blade.
I'm happy to be able to cut and use this blade in the Empire as it does not fit into any other modern SE razors except straight edges. It's a shame because it's a nice light shave. Soap was amazing and the little 22mm Synbad did a bang up job of lathering.

Wilkinson Sword Empire Razor
Feather Pro Light AC Blade - Modified (5X)
Talbot Shaving Winter's Refraction Soap
AP ShaveCo 22mm Synbad Brush
Proraso Red Splash

Sauvecito Bay Rum Aftershave

IMG_0144-compressed.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom