SOTD "FREE WEEK" June 5th - June 11th, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
proxy.php

TOBS Sandalwood
Paladin Select
JA Henckels
Lime Sec

The stone is a great razor and brush rest, Gabe. Like all the angles in the pic.

Schick Type M Injector
Schick blade
Whipped Dog synthetic brush
Proraso Blue shaving cream
Family Dollar Spice aftershave

Saturday
Prep: Warm Shower-Stirling Bath-Scots Pine Sheep
Soap: Maggard London Barbershop
Razor: Gillette Black Beauty Super Adjustable
Blade: Vintage Wilkinson Sword NEW Chromium “Light Brigade” (Shave #3)
Brush: John’s Brushes Silvertip-22mmx48mm (NEW Brush-1st shave)
Aftershave: Anucci Sport EdT

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angles for my beard)

Maggard London Barbershop today. 20 seconds to load the newest JB Silvertip brush. Easy, thick, slick, lather. Vintage Wilkison Light Brigade NEW Chromium in the Black Beauty. Excellent smooth, close shave. I finished with YSL M7 Oud Absolu EdT.

Bob

proxy.php

A very warm presentation, basking in the sunlight, Bob. And that is a smashing new brush.

Great shave today with a new razor that I picked up from @BambulanceMan. Thanks again,mate.

HEAD:
Gillette Tech
Williams soap
Maggard 26mm
Pinaud Vanilla

FACE:
Gillette Tech
Williams soap
Maggard 22mm
Pinaud Vanilla

Feedback on the razor. Razor is perfect for the top of my head it's well balanced and light at the same time. I use a backwards grip with the razor for the top of my head, kinda like how you would hold those head blade razors with wheels on them, and this is perfect for that kind of grip. Definitely a three pass razor with a few touch ups after the third pass but BBS achieved with only a few weepers. This is a huge step up from what I've done in the past with DE razors on my head. On the face it leaves something to be desired. It's a little wonky under the chin and the neck area, a bit tough to find the angle in the neck area but it gave a decent shave, it's not a razor that I would use on my face again... but it will be my go to razor for my head without a doubt.

Nice tight shave portrait, Sean. Too bad the Tech isn't a great razor for your face.

11 June 2017

Creme - Proraso Verde (Cream)
Pincel - Edwin Jagger Synthetic
Máquina - Muhle R89
Lâmina - Racer Super Class Platinum
After Shave - LEA 3in1 (Balm)+ Proraso Verde (Lotion)

Sunday evening

Razor: Merkur 38c
Blade: American Shave Chrome Platinum (2)
Cream : Yardley Gold
Brush: Omega 10018
A/S: Fine
ASB: Gaia Organic ASB

Saturday's Shave

Musgo Glyce Face Lather & Rinse

Klas Tornblom 4/8
Sorrentino "Luca Brasi" / Envy Luxury Silvertip
Mystic Water Coconut Sandalwood Shave Soap
Aqua Velva Ice Blue Aftershave Splash
Crabtree & Evelyn Extract of Mysore Sandalwood
Penghaligon's Blaster Heath EdP

proxy.php

Have a Wonderful Saturday my friends

Stupendous photo, Dave. Great tropical shave.

For my first shave with the 1924, is used a GEM Stainless with 12 shaves. This did not give me a true representation of the Razor. I did a lot of buffing to get to my level of smoothness, which leaves me with some irritation. I lathered the HeV Cognac and Cuban Cigars with an Omega 10005 and finsihed with Nivea Cool Kick ASB, and Brut AS & Cologne. I will have to wait for my new Gem Stainless PTFE blades before I use any of my other SE razors. Have a blessed day gentlemen.
proxy.php

Nice close-in high angle shot. A new blade will probably do wonders for the 1924.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom