What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" June 5th - June 11th, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
proxy.php

Ah, one of the new Tallow + Steel. Like the razor and brush combo.

Thanks, Ron!......BTW, how do you rate the strength-of-scent of the Santa Maria you used yesterday?

The scent out of the jar was stronger than most soaps I use. I could detect it during the lathering but I really didn't notice it during the shave itself. That's not surprising because my sense of smell is really wrecked by my allergies. While the soap was open and drying during the day I could detect the aroma. The next time I use it I'll take more notice. I will say I am quite pleased with the soap's fragrance and performance. That's a good thing because there's enough soap in that jar to last years!

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
Finally gathered the pre-15 up from the USPS yesterday...
proxy.php

Hot Shower
Jack Black energizing face buff
Geo F. Trumpers Essence of Lime Skin Food
pre-15 Aristocrat O/C
Feather (new)
Wolf Whiskers Pi Day synthetic
Chiseled Face Rhinoceros
Thayer's Alcohol Free Unscented
Home made Rhinoceros A/S
Zoologist Rinoceros EdP​

Great Saturday photos, posts and comments, gentlemen. Thanks one and all.

I'll try to get an earlier start tomorrow and continue my observations then. Be seeing you.

Striking layout, Barry. How did you like the Parker's performance? I keep meaning to buy the 65R, just to get that handle.
Hello there!..Let me start by saying i only introduced myself to DE wet shaving in April 2016, in that time i've gradually added a few various DE razors to my growing shaving den, i now have the grand total of Eight Parker razors!..along with a few other brands.

The Parker 65R a joy to shave with, my usual 3 pass + pick up shave ,i'm normally left nice and smooth and free of stubble. The razor performance reminds me of my Muhle R89, with a slightly more efficient edge to it, i find the 3 piece parker slightly more aggressive than the TTO range I enjoy shaving with this razor, it's a nice weight, good balance, considering i've small hands i can handle it really well with no issues..Oh yeah "the handle which is "4 inches" long, does draw your attention to it,(the colour of the handle is slightly a lighter grey than shown),overall it's not just a great looking razor though, it delivers a good efficient shave with the right blade choice at a very reasonable price.

Parker Razors IMHO don't get much attention, probably because of the "brand name Snobs" and because they are made in India, and because they are reasonably cheap to buy, plus in the past, people have found quality issues with them, i personally havent.
Regards. B

SOTD:11th June 2017.
2.JPG

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: hot shower:/Cussons Imperial Leather: Peppermint & Eucalyptus Shower Gel .

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Wilkinsons Fruits~Rhubarb & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Chinese Synthetic.

Bowl Lather.

Cream: The Body Shop Maca Root

Blade: Polisiver Super Iridium. (1)

Razor: Merkur 34C.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Peppermint Oil & Witch Hazel Mixture/Benjamins Mentholated Bay Rum.

Gillette A/S Balm.

Greetings,

Another excellent 3 pass +pick ups effortless silky smooth shave to start the day off in style..

The 34C/Polisilver S.I. paired up wonderfully, very smooth & efficient.

Finishing the shave off with a very generous splash of Benjamins Bay Rum.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy your sunday ,ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Cool looking razor, Soren!

Excellent presentation, Søren. Love the focus on the brush and razor with the supporting elements to the rear. The Shavemac is a beauty and the engraving on the K&H is quite attractive.

Thank you very much Gentlemen.
The K&H is my favourite straight not only because of looks but also the weight, size and the way it shaves.
No other razor I have can top it, they might get close but that is all :001_smile

2017-06-11

Ikea bowl ¤ Vie-Long American Style ¤ 5/8" Москва
Myrsol Blue Soap, After Shave & Cologne

proxy.php

SOTD of the Fern-scent Sunday
Le Pere Lucien Cologne-Fougere shaving soap
Gillette red tip+ Gillette 7o'clock(black)
Omega boar brush
Alpa Fougere edc
Uula-bowl
DSCF6940ss.jpg

Back to my travel razor for this mornings shave;
Edwin Jagger DE89 plus Rapira Super Stainless #14, Commodore X3 plus TOBS Almond, Woodhead Pottery scuttle. The marzipan smell is fantastic. An application of Real Shaving Company balm to finish; DFS with 4-passes and some blade buffing on the chin.
The razor was gliding much smoother from yesterdays shave (Progress + GSB #63) so it was a good decision to discard the GSB.

proxy.php

• Straight Razor: Jean A Paris
  • Shaving Brush: Shavemac - 2016 LE (Silvertip Badger)
  • Shaving Soap: Meißner Tremonia - Mint Ice Menthol
  • Alum: De Vergulde Hand - Alum Block
  • After-Shave: Arko - Cool - Balm

Great photo and equipment! See you have another Island Bladeworks product (saw that striking brush on his Facebook page) - Michael is very talented, a super guy and easy to deal with on transactions - like your choice from his line. Also the Delta Echo treatment on that razor pops in stealth mode . . .
Agreed, Michael does excellent work. Hence the reason I purchased yet another brush from him even though I hardly need one..

Sunday
Prep: Warm Shower-Stirling Bath-Scots Pine Sheep
Soap: Chiseled Face Ghost Town Barber
Razor: Gillette Black Beauty Super Adjustable
Blade: Vintage Wilkinson Sword NEW Chromium “Light Brigade” (Shave #4)
Brush: John’s Brushes Silvertip-22mmx48mm
Aftershave: Chiseled Face Ghost Town Barber

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angles for my beard)

Chiseled Face Ghost Town Barber today. 20 seconds to load the JB Silvertip brush. Easy, thick, slick, lather. Vintage Wilkison Light Brigade NEW Chromium still in the Black Beauty. Excellent smooth, close shave. I finished with Chiseled Face Ghost Town Barber aftershave.

Bob

proxy.php

proxy.php

PARADIGM :: DECLARATION :: TALLOW + STEEL

Himalaya is dominated by Amber with bright notes. Performance was excellent- slick cushioning lather with great post shave feel. Another winner (are we tired of winning yet?).

Sunday:

Muhle hjm black fibre brush
Italian Barber Acquatico shaving soap
Schick Krona razor
Treet Blue Special/Black Beauty blade
Kroger witch hazel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom