SOTD "FREE WEEK" June 12th - June 18th, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
June 17, 2017
Jamie's Night Shave....

1. Hot shower
2. sterling eskimo tuxedo
3. whipped dog 30mm silver tip
4. Chinese knock off of a gillette tech with a Rod George custom handle .. new sharp star blade.
5. thayers medicated / Mennen II/ sterling glacial balm

Time for a green shave, eh, Jamie? How did the knock off Tech head perform with the custom handle?

Lovely, lovely Saturday, gentlemen. Exquisite photos, descriptive posts and comments. Thank you one and all.

I'll bid you a good evening now. See you soon, gents.

proxy.php

Pre-Shave: @khun_diddy Olive Oil Soap, cold water
Razor: BBS-1
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Rudy Vey Shavemac 2-band Silvertip
Lather: Mike's Lemongrass & Eucalyptus
Post-shave: Alum, Stirling Bay Laurel Witch Hazel, Australian Emu Oil

Last shave in the den for 3 weeks - apologies in advance for not being around too much - I hope you all have a great Sunday :thumbup:

proxy.php

Custom Handcrafted HMW Silvertip Badger Shaving Brush
Klar Kabinett copy by Dusy Professional
GEM MicroΜatic Open Comb & GEM - Stainless Steel PTFE Coated (4)
After shave “Rose of Bulgaria”
Eau de Parfume “Regina Roses”

Full on English shave on fathers day

proxy.php

• Pre-Shave: Taylor Of Old Bond Street - Sandalwood - Oil
  • Safety Razor: Edwin Jagger - R35611SR - Ebony / Nickle plated
  • Blade: Wilkinson Sword
  • Shaving Brush: Simpsons - Chubby 2 (Best Badger)
  • Shaving Bowl: Edwin Jagger - ND46
  • Shaving Soap: Taylor Of Old Bond Street - Sandalwood
  • After-Shave: Taylor Of Old Bond Street - Sandalwood - Gel
  • Fragrance: Taylor Of Old Bond Street - Sandalwood - Luxury Cologne

The Chubby does make a neat rest for the OneBlade, Clint. Still enjoying the OneBlade shaves?

Thank you Ron. I am enjoying the OneBlade Core. Now that I am almost fully recovered from some back issues, I hope to resume my motorcycle travels. In the past I have used a Feather Neo Cartridge razor for these trips. The Core will replace the Feather Neo in the kit.

June 18, 2017​
OneBlade Core​
Feather​
“Amgios” Simpson CH2 Synthetic​
Mystic Water Raspberry Lemon​
Fine Italian Citrus​

Prep - Noxzema / Hot towel
Pre shave - Proraso
Razor – Weber ARC
Blade – Astra S/P
Brush - The 'Americana' (Shavemac 24/48 D01 2 Band)
Soap – Tallow+Steel: Morocco
Post - Cold water rinse / Tallow + Steel: Dark Aftershave

'The King is Dead.... Long live the King!! The 'New' Tallow+Steel soap is impeccable.. even though the lather was a little wetter than I usually have it, the protection was second to none, and as for being slick, well, I had to double grip my razor a couple of times, and almost had the brush slip out of my hand once or twice... Post shave leaves a wonderfully soft face feel, and the only reason I used the aftershave splash, is because I could... Now, if you've ever been to Africa, North or South, you will be familiar with the smell of smoke in the air, and the scent of Morocco is everything you could wish for, to invoke those memories.. Totally sublime in all departments.

Sunday 18 June 2017

proxy.php

Mastro Livi Grifetto 60: Shaving Like a King!

Today this Mastro Livi Grifetto 60 gave me a king's shave. Grifetto will never fail to amaze me, both for the pleasure of using it and for the magnificence of its super smooth shave. I have to admit, the pleasure of this shave was also thanks to the P.160 Professional soap, in my opinion the very best shave soap of all times, no soap in the world can beat it. Super performance in lathering - rich, creamy, luxurious, moisturizing and velvety - it seems like it was conceived for straight razor shaving. It is not by chance, in fact, this incredible shave soap was conceived in the 1970s and destined to professional barbers who, at those times, were using straight razors. It is a pity - way too bad - they discontinued making this fabulous soap. Not to mention the excellence I got with the unparalleled performance of Floïd aftershave and the Mastro Livi Eco-Silvertip brush. A truly king's shave!​

• Pre-Shave: RazorGuy Pre-Shave Oil
  • Soap: Nuova Elberel P.160 Professional
  • Brush: Mastro Livi Perugia Eco-Silvertip, Bois De Rose, 26mm Knot
  • Bowl: Gerby Bowl
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Medium Loom Strop "Coramella Italiana" and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi Grifetto 60, 6/8 Full Hollow, Round Point, Camel Bone
  • Post-Shave: Alum Block
  • Post-Shave: Umbrian Extravirgin Olive Oil
  • After Shave: Floïd The Genuine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom