Aftershave #2 Old Spice

Talc: Old Spice
IMG_6664.jpg

Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic
Thater 4125 Super
ATT R2
Feather (4)
Stirling MITA Aftershave
Happy Pops Day to all who that applies to.
DSCN1078.JPG

18 June 2017

Max Sprecher Customs, 8/8, Spanish Point, Quarter Hollow
Premier Black Latigo Strop
Shavemac Silvertip
Baume.be Shaving Cream
Lucky Tiger After Shave and Face Tonic
Guerlain Vetiver EdT

IMG_1138.jpg

Happy Father's Day to all the Dads out there!

Fathers' Day

Pre-shave: Kiehl's Facial Fuel
Razor: Gillette New Short Comb
Blade: Personna Lab Blue
Brush: Caswell Massey Super Badger
Soap: AoS Lavender Shave Cream
Aftershave: Alum/ Thayer's Rose Petal Witch Hazel
Balm: The Cool Fix

Fathers Day Shave

Doug Korn D7V XL with "Old School" TGN 28mm Finest knot

Gem Jr. with Doug Korn Ivory Fat Handle & Gem blade

Cella Shaving Soap

Thayers Witch Hazel

Nivea ASB

Superb presentation, Steve. The Grackle seated on the unlidded bowl is an attention grabber. I've never used the I Coloniali though I have two bowls (one with a shattered lid!). Think I'll rectify that real soon.
I really like the unique scent of I Coloniali and received it as a Christmas gift last year. The soap performs great from all aspects and lathers really well. Because it is discontinued I use it as a treat on special occasions like Fathers Day today. I haven't used the Grackle much lately and I really like it. I think this is the first time I tried it with a new Feather, and although a mild razor, it worked great with the aggressive blade. I could not help but relate it to the OneBlade during my shave in that both razors are fairly mild but using a Feather to boost its aggressiveness. The blade exposure is just enough on the Grackle to get the job done yet keep it very safe and forgiving. The DOC is not as glamorous as the OB, but in my opinion is more fun and satisfying to use, while still being somewhat carefree and thus fast if needed. As a hobby, having a collection of various razors with different attributes is really fun.

BTW, I yesterday I just ordered the Tritium vials for my Charcoal handle. Purple & Green. I'm bidding on some vintage Gillette New Type open combs to use as a possible nice, classic brass head. Never used these heads before so it would be nice to add one to the collection!
Steve

SDC12225.JPG

Razor: RazoRock Stainless Steel DLC Hawk
Blade: Feather Professional Super
Brush: Rubberset 400 with PAA Switchback Top Cap loaded with Maggard 26mm Black & White Synthetic
Soap: RazoRock Al Sapone
Aftershave: T.N. Dickinson's Witch Hazel followed by Avon Leather

-- Sammy

proxy.php

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: ROCNEL SE50 con mango Maggard M3
Blade: FEATHER Profesional Super
Brush: SEMOGUE Foroafeitado LE 2016 dos bandas
Lather: PRORASO Té y Avena
Aftershave: ALCOLADO GLACIAL mentholated
Additional Care: MYRSOL emulsión​

proxy.php

Musgo Glyce
Simpson CH2
ATT Colossus R1
Feather
AOS NOS Sandalwood
Chatillon Lux Catalan's Prairie Salve
Chatillon Lux Catalan's Prairie Aftershave
Chatillon Lux Gratiot League Square EDT

After yesterday's shave with the Segal and it's proprietary blades, I thought I would go with the Durham Duplex this morning. I had the aluminum Duplex razor, but did not have the top cap. I had also found a couple of DD straight razors with the OC guards. My friend Bill puffed me the plastic handle razor complete with top cap, and Alan, the generous fellow that gifted me the Segal blades also gave me some NIB Durham blades. This is my second shave with a Durham and this morning I tried a couple of passes with the straight before I used the regular razor. It is safer to use the DD than a regular straight, at least for me, as I have not ever shaved with a straight. I have started to a couple of times, but always quit before I sliced myself. The shave went well with a two pass straight and the cleanup with the double edge. Again the old carbon blades are doing the job. Yes Vie-Long horse and Badger did a great job lathering the Panna Crema San Francesco. Finished with Nivea Cool Kick ASB, Clubman AS and 4711 Cologne. Have a blessed Father's Day gentlemen.
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Father's Day Shave
Pre: Musgoi Glyce Face Lather & Rinse

Gillette Fatboy
Astra SP (3)
Doug Korn D7 / TGN Finest
Mama Bear's Brute Shave Soap
Brut Aftershave Splash
Brut Special Reserve Cologne

proxy.php

Hope all the Fellow Dads have a great remainder of the day

IMG_0597.JPG

Castle Forbes Pre-Shave.
Semogue Boar Brush.
Merkur 43C HD.
Astra SP (1)
Henri et Victoria Absinthe Shave Soap.
Alum.
Thayer's Rose Witch Hazel.
Henri et Victoria Absinthe AS Splash.
Henri et Victoria Str8 Shave AS Balm.

Wow. I was really impressed with the performance and post-Shave feel of all the Henri et Victoria products. Great stuff. Swings with the big boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom