proxy.php

Have a Nice Saturday Gentlemen
Wow, Dave, the pic/colors jump right out at you

Above The Tie Calypso M1 with a Feather Hi-Stainless
Zenith 507U Best Badger
Proraso Green Pre Shave Cream
Thiers Issard Lavender & Orange SS
Omega Alum, Dapper Dan Green AS & Lea Classic ASB

Timeless Scalloped & Stork Consul Titanium/ Voskhod/ Simpson Milk Churn/Razo-Rock Santa Maria del Fiore
proxy.php

Dandy photo of an excellent shave, Oskar. Timeless and Simpson with SMdF: that's top of the line elements any way you look at it.

Happy Fathers Day Gents
Proraso Green Pre/Post
Ever Ready 150B 22mm Maggard Plissoft Synthetic
Barrister and Mann 42
Maggards Slant MR14 / Personna Red (2)
Thayers Lemon Witch Hazel ~ Proraso Green Pre/post ~ Barrister and Mann 42 After Shave
proxy.php

For today's shave I brought out a razor I have had for a couple of years and have not used. Folks I bring you the SEGAL Razor.
proxy.php

Some of you know about the SEGAL razor, but for those that do not, the SEGAL Razor Co. was a division of the Segal Lock Co. started by Samuel Segal. The razor looks like a normal 3 piece razor, but when you unscrew the bottom nut, the top lifts and turns to accept a proprietary blade. It has a very thin gold wash and dates from about 1930 or later.
proxy.php

Here is a little bit of history from the Segal Lock Co. website provided by mr. Douglas Smythe from HTGAM. Click on the advertisement to take you to the site.

Blades of course are not manufactured any longer and are very hard to find. I did try to use Douglas Smythe's template to cut a modern blade to fit the razor, but I did not cut it well enough to fit straight, so it sat in a box in my den unused for a very loong time. I was in conversation with a gentlemen on another site for some Durham Duplex blades and he mentioned he had a tuck or two of SEGAL blades, and he was willing to share some of those with me as well. When I got the blades, I used a blade in the DD and reported on it, but I was not wanting to break the pristine plastic seal on the SEGAL blades. Well today I unwrapped the tuck of blades and put a NOS blade that is possibly close to 90 years old into a razor and shaved with it. The first stroke was quite loud and felt a lot like the modern carbon steel single edge Gem blades, and I thought the shave would end up being very irritating. It did not take long before I found the groove with the razor and by riding the cap I could get a very smooth cut. The blade did not feel as sharp as any of the modern Stainless blades, but I can tell you that I am BBS, and Dolphins would be jealous. The vintage Rubberset with the original Imported Badger Hair is the softest of all of my Badger Brushes. It also has the least almount of backbone of any of my brushes as well. The brush loaded the XXX croap very easily and prepared my face well for the use of the SEGAL. I finished off with Aubrey Northwoods shave balm and AS. Thank you again Alan for your generosity, without you, I would have not gotten the fine shave today that I get to share with the various shaving communities. Have a blessed day Gentlemen.
proxy.php

proxy.php

What a motherlode, Roderick! Great pictures and information. Excellent shave.

And now for something completely different...
The Le Grand Chypre just landed so I grabbed the '18 Bulldog, a feather, and had at it ! Chypre has a very interesting scent... Kind of fruity, some warming spices, and an incense note underneath it all. Not overwhelming by any stretch and as it drys down I get a scent that reminds of the days when I would iron my Dad's shirts with Niagara spray starch. Really glorious stuff and the performance is flawless!
proxy.php

nikonNUT
Mod

Marvelous close up, Christopher. I had my first Le Grand Chypre earlier in the week. Needless to say, it will not be my last.

proxy.php

Date: 18 June 2017

Brush: - Semogue SOC Boar in Cherry Wood 24/55mm
Cream/Soap: - Wholly Kaw - Monaco Royale (tallow) 4x
Razor: - Colonial General Aluminum Head with the iKon Bulldog Handle
Blade: - Schick Proline P-30 #6
Post: - Thayers Witch Hazel 'Lemon' / Bulldog Original Aftershave Balm

18th June 2017.
B.JPG
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Cussons Imperial Leather: Peppermint & Eucalyptus Shower Gel .

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Wilkinsons Fruits~Strawberry & Pomegranate Body Butter.

Brush: Semogue 1470.

Bowl Lather.

Cream: Ingram~Menthol Lather Cream.

Blade: Bic~Chrome Platinum. (1)

Razor: Gillette Slim Twist.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Peppermint Oil & Witch Hazel Mixture/ Superdrug~Sierran Breeze A/S.

Arko~'Fresh' A/S Balm.

Greetings,

A wonderful match with my Gillette slim twist/Bic C.P. duo..

It's incredible that a 40 years + razor, can still give a excellent shave with such smoothness and efficiency.

Another effortless 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Enjoy your sunday, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

06/18/17 Fathers Day Shave
Face Wash with Crabtree & Evelyn Indian Sandalwood Triple Milled Soap
Billy Jealousy Hot Towel Pre-Shave Treatment
I Coloniali Mango Shave Soap
Wolf Whiskers Blue Train Custom 24mm Silvertip Badger Brush
Creative Flame Pottery Stoneware Shaving Scuttle
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Grackle DOC Razor
Feather New Hi-Stainless Blade - 1st Shave
RazoRock Alum Stick
Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel Toner
NIVEA Men Sensitive Cooling Post Shave Balm
Maurer & Wirtz Echt Kölnisch Wasser No. 4711 Original Eau de Cologne

View attachment 797412

Superb presentation, Steve. The Grackle seated on the unlidded bowl is an attention grabber. I've never used the I Coloniali though I have two bowls (one with a shattered lid!). Think I'll rectify that real soon.

Sábado 17 Junio 2017

• Emulsión Myrsol
• Paladin Chief 26mm Butterscotch
• Santa Maria Novella
• Wolfman WR1-SB & WRH2
• Iridium Super
• Floid Blue

proxy.php

Wonderful "on location" shot. That's quite an intriguing background to the picture.

proxy.php

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: NAVAJA THIERS ISSARD SPARTACUS 7-8 Olivo
Brush: SEMOGUE SE 2013 Olive Wood
Lather: B & M ARCTIQUE
Aftershave: GENIOL fuerte masaje facial vintage
Additional Care: MYRSOL emulsión

Ah, the razor and brush are a heavenly match ... quite spectacular.

today,
- Wholly Kaw - Chypre Rose Concerto
- Romera Manchurian
- Mühle Rocca
- Gillette Bleue Extra
- Myrsol Formula C
-
proxy.php

proxy.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom