29 July 2017

Musgo Glyce Face Lather & Rinse

Genco Easy Aces 5/8
Rubberset 400-4 / TGN Finest
Victory Shaving Company "Flight Engineer" Shave Soap
Aqua Velva Sport Aftershave Splash
Royall Mandarin Cologne.

proxy.php
Superlative photo, Dave. Exceptional presentation. Love that background! And how was the Flight Engineer's performance? I immediately looked at the Victory Shaving Company website and am intrigued to give them a try.

SoCal Wet Shavers Meet Up SOTD:

B&M Seville
Semogue 830
'63 Gillette Slim
Voskhod (5)
Barrister's Reserve Cool

My daughter woke my wife and I up at twenty to six this morning, so I thought we should go for a hike and see the sunrise while my wife got some extra sleep. We missed the sunrise but we had a great time.

For my shave I went with a boar but I don't think I'll be able to kill it before the end of the month. Not with only two days left.

Also, if there's anybody in the Riverside, California area that wants to hang out for a while with some local wet shavers, head over to Wick's Brewery for the SoCal Wet Shavers meet up starting at 1pm. Maybe I'll see you there.
proxy.php

Formerly Heybobitsme

Classic setup, Rob: great soap, splendid boar, legendary razor, efficient blade, and barbershop closer ... what more could you want?

proxy.php

• Safety Razor: Maggard Razors - MR14 - Slant Head
  • Blade: Polsilver - Super Iridium
  • Shaving Brush: Wolf Whiskers - Tuxedo (Synthetic)
  • Shaving Bowl: Edwin Jagger - ND46
  • Shaving Cream: Palmolive
  • Alum: Kruidvat
  • After-Shave: Baume.be - Balm

SOTD, Saturday, July 29th, 2017

Ach Brito Glyce face lather and rinse
P.160 shave soap
Kent badger brush
Gillette Tech safety razor + Gillette Super Platinum blade
Cool washcloth rinse
Aqua Velva Ice Blue aftershave

Yet another wheelchair shave!
Best weekend wishes to all!

proxy.php

Hope you don't have to develop a completely different technique to get a decent shave while seated, Murray. Also hoping you'll be up and about in record time.

07/30/17 Shave of the Day
Face Wash with Sterling Soap Company Honey Oatmeal Shea Butter Bath Soap
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements ICE Pre-Shave Soap
Arko Shaving Soap
RazoRock 400 Butterscotch 24 x 57mm Synthetic Noir Plissoft Brush
Creative Flame Pottery Stoneware Shaving Scuttle
RazoRock Baby Smooth All Titanium DE Safety Razor
Gillette 7 O'Clock Russian Green Pack Super Stainless Blade - 6th Shave
RazoRock Alum Stick
Homemade Mandarin Generic Distilled Witch Hazel
Lucky Tiger After Shave and Face Tonic

NIVEA Men Sensitive Cooling Post Shave Balm

View attachment 808267

Terrific overhead shot, Steve. Neat using the open tub of Arko as a rest for both razor and brush.

There was a time when I wouldn't shave on the weekend. Nowadays I savor the experience. Today's shave: a fine lather of Xpec unscented which brought its typical after shave skin feel, whipped up and applied with a 28mm Shavemac d01 Silvertip/LoveYourShave, the outstanding Timeless .95 sb loaded with Gillette's Nacet blade, and a finish of Stirling's Executive Man Aftershave (with menthol). Satisfaction that lasted well after the shaving was done.
View attachment 808278

Nicely highlighted shave pic. With elements such as these many shavers might want to shave twice a day or turn to head shaving to get that extra kick....

Catie's Bubbles - 322
DrivenLegend Red & Black | APShaveCo Tuxedo 30mm
Ever-Ready 1912 | Delta Echo | Gem PTFE

proxy.php

Another beauty, Matt. Have you noticed a difference in performance, or feel, with the Delta Echo coating on the head of the 1912?

July 29, 2017

Jamie's Night Shave...

1. Hot Shower - Pheonix Artisan Accroutements CaD shampoo/soap puck.
2. STIRLING - barbershop pre shave oil.
3. Crown King Lo Haiku Soap (tribute to Hai karate).
4. SEMOGUE 740 HD badger brush. FINE Lather Bowl.
5. Lady Eversharp Injector (schick type K1) w/new Personna 74 blade.
6. ALUM | Crown King Lo Haiku aftershave | splash of vintage Hai Karate aftershave.
7. Crown King Black Bot aftershave balm.

Majestic photo, Jamie. The Lady Eversharp is a beauty. Love the handle. I have a K2 which doesn't have the flared/bell tip and is turquoise with gold flecks.

SOTD - Sunday, 30 July, 2017
Paladin Crossroads - Paladin Unscented ASB - Penhaligon's Endymion
Paladin Cleo 26mm - '48-51 Gillette Aristocrat - Personna Red (1)

30 July SOTD.jpg

View attachment 808358 SOTD July 29th
Razor: Gillette NDC 40's Style SS
Blade: KAI
Soap: Proraso Red
Brush: Semogue SOC Boar
AS 1: Thayers WH
AS 2: Old English
Shave Gaurdians: 60's Godzilla, Burning Godzilla, Space Godzilla

Ah, always good to have protectors of the shave den, Jerry.
Sunday SOTD

proxy.php

Razor: Bakelite Slant
Blade: PoliSilver (D8)
Brush: Rubberset 49-5 W 28mm Zenith Boar
Bowl: Sweese Porcelain Suribachi 5”
Pre-Shave scrub: 1920s Barber Shoppe
Pre-Shave Balm: Vitos
Shave Soap: Tiki 1920's Barber Shoppe
Aftershave: Tiki 1920s Barber Shoppe
Heavenly pic, Guy. Sweet looking shave.

My Traditional Old Spice Sunday:

Razor: Gillette SS

Soap: Old Spice

Brush: Simpson Chubby 1 Best

Aftershave #1: Thayer’s WH

Aftershave #2 Old Spice

Talc: Old Spice

IMG_6818.jpg

30th July 2017.
B.JPG

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Cien~ Coconut & Sheabutter Shower Gel .

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Wilkinsons Fruits~ Coconut & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Chinese Synthetic .

Bowl Lather.

Cream : Palmolive Men 'Classic'.

Razor: Gillette Guard.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Peppermint Oil & Witch Hazel Mixture/Brut ~ Oceans Aftershave .

Aloe Vera Gel.

Greetings,

Today i decided to omit my usually DE razor & blade set up, and give my Gillette Guard a run out as i only occasionally use it for touch ups quickness, and travelling, visiting family & friends purposes etc.

The verdict....

I consider the Gillette guard one of the best value for money SE disposible razors on the market , not because of it's price no, for a single edge disposible it delivers a DFS, ok not to BBS standard, like a DE razor does but for quickness they are excellent, especially if you want a quick acceptable shave it's a brilliant razor..

It's got a few negative points, which are,you can only buy the Gillette guard online, which isn't a major problem,i suppose if you order in advance... with it been a plastic disposible razor it'll end up been thrown into a landfill site which will harm the environment , or worse dumped into the sea,poisoning fish & other sea-life..

The handle is nice and long, for me, it's too light, i've modified mine by cutting a small piece of metal bar and inserting into the hollow end of the handle,then sealing it with Sealant mastic, which has added more weight, resulting in me adding less pressure to the razor.,resulting less chance of causing irritation to the skin through adding too much pressure.

The head doesn't clog up, due to been "openComb"another excellent feature and it's swivel head is very easy to adjust to..once you get use to not applying pressure to the razor.All said, a good disposible SE razor,it's not a razor that would covert me back to using the Cartridge/Disposible razor method of shaving even though they do give a decent shave, i find that it only lasts for a few hours..but hey, for quickness it delivers a DFS, and that's all i personally need sometimes..I'm not on a obsessional quest to get a BBS finish every time i shave.

It also doesn't give me the urge to shave and dance at the same time when i do shave with, like in the advert....

A acceptable 3 pass + pick ups shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of Brut 'Oceans' A/S.

Enjoy your sunday, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom