What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" July 24th-July 30th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another beauty, Matt. Have you noticed a difference in performance, or feel, with the Delta Echo coating on the head of the 1912?
No difference in feel/performance, but it for some reason, it doesn't collect soap residue as easily since the coating. I'm not sure why that's the case, but I'm not complaining.

Sunday evening
Razor: Superspeed
Blade: Red IP (2)
Cream :Godrej Fresh Limes
Brush: Edwin Jagger Best Badger
A/S: Felce azzure
ASB: Gaia Organic ASB

IMG_0748.JPG

Shower: Crabtree & Evelyn Lime, Lucky Tiger Face Wash.
Razor: Above The Tie Atlas R1.
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (3)
Brush: Omega 10098 Boar
Pre-Shave: Stirling Lime Pre-Shave Oil.
Shave Soap: Phoenix and Beau Citra Royale.
Toning: Alum, Stirling Margaritas In The Arctic Witch Hazel.
Aftershave Splash: Homemade Aftershave Splash "FrankinLime". Scent is frankincense, lime, and a few other essential oils.
Aftershave Balm: Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill.
Final Touch: Ice cube half water half aloe vera juice.

Hope you don't have to develop a completely different technique to get a decent shave while seated, Murray. Also hoping you'll be up and about in record time.

thx, ron. handicapped seated shaving is same technique, fortunately everything else still works ok. glycerin soap is great prep without shower. small travel mirror on counter helps. little slower overall. only shaving every other or third day. as far as up and about, thanks, but surgery and long recovery road still ahead!

Sunday
Prep: Warm Shower-Stirling Bath-Scots Pine Sheep
Soap: WSP Formula T Ol’ Kentucky
Razor: Gillette Fat Boy
Blade: Vintage Gillette Platinum Plus (Shave #3)
Brush: Knotsinyourhead/Whipped Dog Silvertip-20mmx48mm
Aftershave: Country Club Southern Oud

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angles for my beard)

WSP Formula T Ol’ Kentucky today. 20 seconds to load the KIYH/Whipped Dog Silvertip brush. Easy, thick, slick, lather. Vintage Gillette Platinum Plus in the Fat Boy. Excellent smooth, close shave. I finished with Country Club Southern Oud aftershave.

Bob

proxy.php

SOTD Sunday, July 30, 2017

Prep: Shower/Warm face towel
Soap: RazoRock For New York
Razor: 1960 Gillette Fatboy (F2)
Blade: Voskhod
Brush: Semogue 1305 21mm Boar
Talc: Clubman
Hair Tonic: Jeris (non-oil)
Aftershave: RazoRock For New York

After yesterdays debacle with the col conk soap, I chose to take a little extra prep time this morning to ensure that I would not have a repeat of yesterdays shave. I chose to use the softest boar brush I own, let it soak in hot water while in the shower and also did the same with the soap choice for today. After the hot shower, I used a hot towel on my face to really get it warm, I used the "bloom water" from the shaving soap and hand lathered that into my face. The RazoRock never disappoints, after loading the brush I whipped up a mountain of slick and protective amazing smelling shave soap in my bowl. I chose to use a Voskhod blade this morning as I have always had a smooth and irritation free shave from those in the past and this morning was no different. I ended up doing a standard 2 pass shave along with a small touch up on my neck. The difference in 24 hours was amazing, the cold water rinse and alum block were drama free, almost no burn to be found, I repeated the cold water rinse after the alum application and that was followed by Nivea sensitive post shave balm and finished up with RazoRock For New York Aftershave. This morning shave was a million times better than yesterday and taught me to take a little extra time for prep and it has also taught me that the shave soap makes a world of difference..Lesson learned. Now on to a relaxing Sunday with plans of some deck time and planning to fire up the Weber here for lunch, Enjoy your Sunday Gentlemen and raise a glass to the upcoming week.
proxy.php

Prep - Hot towel
Pre shave - Prep
Razor – ‘The Rock’ (Rockwell 6S – #3)
Blade – Gillette Silver Blue
Brush - 'Papa Chub' (Chubby 3 Manchurian)
Soap – Mike's Natural
Post - Cold water rinse / Chatillon Lux: Bon Vivant Post Shave Toner

‘The Rock’/GSB gave a sublime performance with Mike's Natural, the 1st soap that opened my eyes to the fact that not all soaps are equal... LOVE IT!

30 July 2017

Max Sprecher Customs, 8/8 Spanish Point
SRD Kangaroo Strop
Simpson Commodore X2, in Best Badger
AoS Lavender Shaving Soap (tallow formula)
T. N. Dickinson's Witch Hazel
Lucky Tiger After Shave and Face Tonic
L'Eau d'Issey pour Homme EdT

IMG_1226.jpg

Definitely a poised, upstanding group of elements. Erich. How do you like the Zoologist scent? I've been think about ordering their sample set. Maybe then I'll break down and get the Chiseled Faces soaps.
Thank you for your kind words Ron.
The Zoologist scents are some very complex and strong scents. They are all Eau de Parfum so they are quite forward and long lasting. I am the worst at describing scents, but I know what I like. I have been making daily posts as I try the samples in a thread on the Fragrance sub-forum called "Zoologist Sample Pack. Zoologist sample pack So far I like "Bat" and "Dragonfly" the best "Beaver," "Civet," and "Macque" not so much, though of those last three I like Civet the best. Hummingbird is a woman's fragrance is is quite strong. "Nightingale" is up for today and it is a little like Hummingbird in that it is fruity and floral and a borderline woman's scent IMHO. "Panda" and "Rhinoceros" are left. I do recommend the sample packs. They are $44 for 9 scents so it is a good way to try them as the bottles are a whopping $135 each!!:yikes:

Superlative photo, Dave. Exceptional presentation. Love that background! And how was the Flight Engineer's performance? I immediately looked at the Victory Shaving Company website and am intrigued to give them a try.
Thanks Ron.
For a 1st go it was very nice, the puck hardness is very similar to PdP #63 and the Scent is out of this world and very strong. the soap will take a ton of water but is very stable and nice. Residual slickness could be a bit better, but very clean rinsing. The scent lingers nicely post shave as well. My only knock is the Tin Size. Used the same one as WSP, and Lisa'a so loading is a bit messy,due to the small size of the tin, but that is not a biggie to me. I love the whole theming WWII warbirds, small US company, husband and wife, ex Navy Vet. All in all I will probably get some more.

Sunday's Shave
30 July 2017

Musgo Glyce Face Lather & Rinse

Boker 5/8
Rudy Vey PJ / Muhle Synthetic
Penhaligon's Endymion Shave Cream
Penhaligon's Endymion Cologne
Penhaligon's Endymion Concentre EdP

proxy.php

Have a Blessed Sunday Folks

7/30/17
Art of Shaving Unscented Pre Shave Oil