Vie-Long 14080
11/16 Hayashi Diamond 1000
Tony Miller 3" Heirloom Steerhide Strop
Shavex Alum Block
Proraso Menthol & Eucalyptus
Nivea Post Shave Balm
Montblanc Starwalker

$SOTD1-8-17.jpg

No picture but my SotD for the last several months has been more of a SotWhenever-I-feel-like-it... For the most part, it's been my Sextoblade Style B (Seven Day Set). I use the original blades (yellow package) and strop / hone as necessary on an Arkansas Combo stone set followed by fiberoptic lapping media. I treat these blade the same as a straight or one of my Rolls blades and I last replaced them a little more than a year ago.

Speaking of which, yesterday I broke out the Rolls and took off about a week's worth of whiskers. I have two blades and one needs touched up. Of course, that's the one that I loaded yesterday. Still, an easy three passes with just a slight bit of tugging led to a nice not-quite-DFS. Today with the good blade, it was DFS all the way!

I've been face lathering for a while now. No particular reason, I just switched up at one point when I was traveling without a mug and didn't switch back.

For a brush, I use either a little black badger traveler brush that I put together, or an ugly green handled Van Der Hagen bristle that I had kept at work. It's OK but I really need to repair my other black badger brush.

Software-wise, right now I'm using Proraso red in a tub, and either Old Spice or Aqua Velva Musk as an after. I usually still use the Osma Alum block after, but have gotten away from PSO. I feel enough of a difference that I'll probably go back to the latter.

Best,
Jerry
echo4golf

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
Sunday's shave and back to the Bulldog. Paired up Viking Soap's Citron with Ginger's Garden's Luna for a citrusy mentholated blast of goodness! Scored a $1.00 flea market found shave bowl too! It was a miso bowl in a previous life and I'm tickled to have found it!
proxy.php

SUNDAY SOTD ::::: January 8, 2017

Prep: Hot shower w/Dove Men+Care Face Wash Hydrate+

Pre-shave Oil: The Blades Grim Smolder
Soap: The Blades Grim Smolder
Brush: Ever-Ready F40 boar

Mug: Franklin Toiletry Barbershop blue & cream
Razor: Merkur 34C
Blade: Perma-Sharp Super (5)
Post Splash: Humphreys Lilac Witch Hazel
After Shave: Barrister & Mann Reserve Cool

$GoArt_20170108_184526_-831892159.jpg

SUNDAY SOTD ::::: January 8, 2017

Prep: Hot shower w/Dove Men+Care Face Wash Hydrate+

Pre-shave Oil: The Blades Grim Smolder
Soap: The Blades Grim Smolder
Brush: Ever-Ready F40 boar

Mug: Franklin Toiletry Barbershop blue & cream
Razor: Merkur 34C
Blade: Perma-Sharp Super (5)
Post Splash: Humphreys Lilac Witch Hazel
After Shave: Barrister & Mann Reserve Cool

Click here to view quoted image.

Stellar pic, Ron! Suitable for framing....:thumbup:

Brush: La Maison du Barbier
Cream: OSP "Shogun"
Razor: Giesen & Forsthoff
Blade: Persona "Platinum Chrome"
Aftershave cream: Ginzojo "Mentha"
$_MG_3475.jpg

No picture but my SotD for the last several months has been more of a SotWhenever-I-feel-like-it... For the most part, it's been my Sextoblade Style B (Seven Day Set). I use the original blades (yellow package) and strop / hone as necessary on an Arkansas Combo stone set followed by fiberoptic lapping media. I treat these blade the same as a straight or one of my Rolls blades and I last replaced them a little more than a year ago.

Speaking of which, yesterday I broke out the Rolls and took off about a week's worth of whiskers. I have two blades and one needs touched up. Of course, that's the one that I loaded yesterday. Still, an easy three passes with just a slight bit of tugging led to a nice not-quite-DFS. Today with the good blade, it was DFS all the way!

I've been face lathering for a while now. No particular reason, I just switched up at one point when I was traveling without a mug and didn't switch back.

For a brush, I use either a little black badger traveler brush that I put together, or an ugly green handled Van Der Hagen bristle that I had kept at work. It's OK but I really need to repair my other black badger brush.

Software-wise, right now I'm using Proraso red in a tub, and either Old Spice or Aqua Velva Musk as an after. I usually still use the Osma Alum block after, but have gotten away from PSO. I feel enough of a difference that I'll probably go back to the latter.

Best,
Jerry
echo4golf

Excellent commentary, Jerry.

Lovely photos and posts this Sunday, gentlemen.

I'll be closing this thread in a few minutes and opening a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom