What's new

Voskhod Comrades Club

God knows why but each time I see a pack of Voskhod, I think of

The Hunt for Red October (Sean Connery 1990) ^.^

:gunsmilie:man you are 20 years behind the clock. Whenever I see a pack of Voshkods, I think of mobsters getting out of a 12 year old Mercedes S Class with hot russian blondes at their sides.

Edit:
You should see their new movies and TV series from the last 20 years, with renegade Moscow cops ambushing mobsters in broad day light and escaping regular cops, or a spetznaz operative which every episode is debriefed by is superior to go and kill a mobster kingpin ala James Bond. Or the lone criminal who joins a extortion gang, kills every one of them and run away with the prostitute at the end of the movie. Or the old retired army generals who beat 2 cocky youngsters who try to push them away from their picnic table trying to impress their girlfriends. Their movies overflow with manlyhood.

Last edited:
If I had a box of the blades, I would translate. I really need to get some. Any idea where I can buy a sample (5) pack of them?

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
I'm in...and here is a pic of my one & only 'go-to' blade with my Merkur 23C (on the left), and 38C (on the right);

$P1010001_zpsbdc433c5.jpg

proxy.php
“A razor [blade] can’t be sharpened on a piece of velvet”. Author Unknown

A bought 50 of these blades after hearing how great they are. today i loaded one up in my DE89 and it just didn't want to cut, i had to swap it half way for an Astra SP :/ I'm hoping that it was a dud blade and the others will be better.

Would love to join.Posted an offer to trade for Rotbart Extra Dunn blades or Shark Blades.No takers.Can find a vendors for 100 blades but no smaller lots.Any one want to trade for a few 5 packs so I can try these blades ? PM if interested in a swap.
Thanks!!

It was a dud blade guys :) tried a second one today and it was amazing; got an extremely close shave with minimal irritation, best shave Ive had yet. great blades

$image.jpg

The Voskhods have given me excellent shaves in each of the half dozen razors I've tried them in so far. From left to right;

New, NDC Superspeed, Weber Bulldog ARC, #15 Aristocrat, Rocket HD, Fat Handled Tech​

Mike

So I finally received my sample blades along with broken down box. There is nothing really special on the box. As you know, it says Voskhod on the front in English and Russian. That means sunrise. I guess that's an appropriate name for a blade as most people shave in the mornings. On the 2 tabs on the side, one says 5 blades, and the other says the same thing in Russian. The back is rather difficult to translate because it is mostly phonetic spellings and addresses. It is basically the address and phone of the producer of these blades along with the telephone number. Nothing really of importance. I was hoping for something much cooler but I guess they have to translate everything to English anyways to sell them here.

im interested in these so what do these directly compare to?? im a big fan of silver blue and polsilver ir's is it anything similar? where is the best place to get a smaller pack of these to test out before buying a bulk order??

Last edited:
By the way, in Russian Voskhod (Восход) means sunrise.

My young apprentice:

Voskhod (Восход) was likely named after the second part of the Russian human space program. Space exploration was extremely popular in the USSR in the 60’s-70’s. Leonov of Voskhod-2 did the first ever space-walk. There was also Sputnik (Спутник) blades.

С пионерским приветом!

Last edited:
I bought several boxes of these Voskhod blades and think they're as good as red Personna and yellow Gillette blades. but as they say...............we're all different............wait that's not it......YMMV:biggrin1:

+1 on the Voshkods.

Honestly hard to tell the difference between them & the Rapiras.
Both are staying in the rotation as favorites.

really like these. just got my order in a great medium smooth blade for those days i dont want something overly sharp with zero irritation at all. they are not nearly as sharp as the lux's though but much more gentle.

Count me in. I really like these a lot.In a Joris or Fatip it's a whisker annihilator.To me they're smoother and last longer than a Feather and are more effective for me in my OC's. I got mine at shaveabuck.com. Yeah this is a sleeper blade, and one that shouldn't be overlooked.

Top Bottom