What's new

Acquisitions March 2 - 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to the Moderators, I did not mean to post in the wrong forum. I was thinking I could get help with identification of the stranger DEs in this bunch, but I should just post separately. Thank you for moving this and I will try to use better judgement in where I post.:redface:

B

ButtGump

Picked this up several weeks ago at a local antique store for $5. Rates in excellent/fine condition even though the pictures make it look worse than it really is. There's still one blade left in the box too.

I know next to nothing about Gems so how'd I do? Also, I've never used a Gem so I've been going back and forth on using this guy. Would people use it or just set it on a shelf?

full

full

full

full

full

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, Yes, YES!!! Most definitely use it! I still can't believe how long I waited to try mine. Once you get the angle, it's a heck of a good thing. My first attempt resulted in a bit of minor redness from my ATG pass, but after that, all gold. Use it, and tell us all about it!

Yes, Yes, YES!!! Most definitely use it! I still can't believe how long I waited to try mine. Once you get the angle, it's a heck of a good thing. My first attempt resulted in a bit of minor redness from my ATG pass, but after that, all gold. Use it, and tell us all about it!

+1. I had a couple of GEMS sitting in a box for about a year before I got around to trying one. A wasted year.

I bought this in February, but it arrived today, so I'm showing it here.

From the Wiki, I believe this is a 1946-1947 because it has endcaps, but no notch.

Experts, please correct me if I'm wrong.

I shaved with it today and I was in Shaving Heaven. This may have been my best shave ever. Red Personna, Conk Amber Soap, CE BBB, Alum Block, Dickinson's Blue Label Witch Hazel, and Kiehl's Facial Fuel Energizing Moisture Treatment for Men.

I can't wait to try it again tomorrow!

The seller even threw in a GEM Micromatic with box and a no date code English Gillette, probably an aluminum handle tech.

That is good to hear. A small benefit (well large if you order a lot via mail/internet) but I am sure a welcome one.

Definitely welcome. I wouldn't be able to PIF, buy, sell and trade anywhere near the volume I do if I had to receive things through Japanese postal the costs would be significantly higher.

Heres some I picked up this week. So have brassing issues, some do not, what can you expect I suppose. Any ideas about the one on the top row first on the left, no markings. Grip is al. some cheapo I know, anyone know anything else? Or info on how old the beauty on the left of the bottom row is? In any case the adj. fat boy is a welcome member to the family!

No it's an absolutely horrible razor! Been know to cause major injury and sometimes impotence. :eek:

However, I'll be a sport and take it off your hands for ten bucks.:biggrin:

Today my wife and I went to Wimberly Market Days. This is what we found: a 1912, a Slim Adjustable (paid $3) and a Tuck-away. The Aristocrat and single-ring are ebay scores that came in the mail yesterday.

DL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom