Status
Not open for further replies.
V

VR6ofpain

Great scores everyone!
proxy.php
Ohh, French!

full

Beauty Collection ran a sale on AOS soaps on Amazon again so I picked these up @ 50% off, then I scored a very nice G bar off Ebay. I'm looking forward to giving the Gem a go.

Last edited by a moderator:
on the way. a sad looking valet autostrop with a major crack in the handle, right?

proxy.php

now, notice the top of the handle. square. this is a 1907(ish) autostrop and from what i know, the first style they made. im geeked.

proxy.php

the square part is solid, so the crack isnt going anywhere. some marine epoxy and im golden. richard golden.

If I ever decide to make the foray into the lady Gillettes;

Do they have the same handle-splitting problem as "ours" do?

Oh...and that is a sharp-looking set. Makes me want to make that foray that I spoke of.
:biggrin:

Cheers.
They do have the same problem, the handles are actually identical to the Tuckaways. I have had pretty good luck though. About half of mine have small cracks.

That's a fine looking piece you've got there Rodd. Great snag!!!!
Thank you very much! My first lady in New Improved. :)

on the way. a sad looking valet autostrop with a major crack in the handle, right?
now, notice the top of the handle. square. this is a 1907(ish) autostrop and from what i know, the first style they made. im geeked.
the square part is solid, so the crack isnt going anywhere. some marine epoxy and im golden. richard golden.

Very cool! I assume they can use the same blades?

After trying to get by on just the bare bones (one of everything) I went on a shopping spree yesterday:

Boots shave stick
Erasmic shave stick (the tallow version)
Palmolive shave stick
Boots shaving cream
Erasmic shaving cream
Ingram shaving cream
Palmolive shaving cream
Wilkinson Sword Classic razor
Wilkinson Sword blades
Blue Stratos aftershave <-- Nice, actually
Brut splash-on lotion

As well as a ton of on-line purchases.

Just doing my bit for the economy.

Oh, and my Czech & Speake samples arrived this morning (looks like bottles of Cuba and F&M will soon be joining #88 and Dark Rose)

Last edited:
SlagleRock, I just realized that you have to have all this stuff shipped to the Land of the Rising Sun. How bad are your shipping costs!!:confused:

Nah, that's one of the benefits of being US Military. My APO address is a US mailing address so while things are physically shipped to me in Japan the cost is the same as CONUS.

Last edited:
Nah, that's on of the benefits of being US Military. My APO address is a US mailing address so while things are physically shipped to me in Japan the cost is the same as CONUS.

Wow that's cool. I had no idea they did that. :thumbup1:

But I guess the waiting is still rough at times.

Cheers.

Now this is the tough part. I've waited 6 weeks for things I've ordered. It's torture!

Hah...now I realize you are online and replying as I am posting.

Now you see what time I have to get up for work...on the weekend no less. Can't wait for daylight savings time. :rolleyes:

Cheers.

Wow that's cool. I had no idea they did that. :thumbup1:

But I guess the waiting is still rough at times.

Cheers.

Yup, every base has a US post office. I don't get any mail (other than local advertisements and utility bills) via my mailbox and the Japanese postal service. Everything is US mail and I have a PO box or in my case an APO box on base.

I probably over paid but I could not resist the following lot on the Bay. The blade assortment is nice, and there are some interesting and strange plastic metal hybrid DEs. But I really wanted to get the Richwood in a well worn box. The bar handled NEW is in good condition.:001_smile

I doubt that you paid too much for the lot (don't know how much). Things are worth exactly what someone is willing to sell it for, if there is someone that is willing to pay for it. I doubt that you are trying to flip the razors, so I would say enjoy and don't sweat what you spent on 'em. Besides, money is just a concept... it isn't real:lol:

That is good to hear. A small benefit (well large if you order a lot via mail/internet) but I am sure a welcome one.

My Rooney 3/1 arrived in the mail today!:w00t:
This was purchased on BST. Thanks Redig!

Hats off to Redig. Shipping was very fast and he included a shaving soap sample to boot! :thumbup:

Now I've gotta go try out this Rooney!

arrived today - truly NIB - blades are sealed in cellophane, cardboard "blade warning" still inserted... photo (w/ reflections) doesn't do justice.....

proxy.php
[/IMG]

and also: fragrance samplers from Floris and Penhaligon's.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom