What's new

Zwilling safety razor

Hi, i recently bought a DE razor which turns out to be a zwilling (henckels) my research online has led me to this forum in the hope that someone here can help me date it and perhaps a price estimate too. The razor is only marked with the logo and not the henso name, the handle is silverplated. Any feedback would be appeciated

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210417-173616_DBA.jpg
    Screenshot_20210417-173616_DBA.jpg
    974.1 KB · Views: 41
  • 20210417_173057.jpg
    20210417_173057.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 45
R

romsitsa

Hello,

appraisal is not allowed on B&B.

For a manufacturing date, the head is cast, so 50-ies 70-ies, there are no catalogs I know of, except for the 30ies.
But you could ask Henckels, maybe they'll answer.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I think the razor is simply known as a Henckels Henso and is a very mild shaver. I use mine often and do so with a shim. I believe it to be 1940s but am not certain. That is all I know. As said above, appraisals are not permitted.

8.jpg

R

romsitsa

I think the razor is simply known as a Henckels Henso and is a very mild shaver. I use mine often and do so with a shim. I believe it to be 1940s but am not certain. That is all I know. As said above, appraisals are not permitted.

Yours is earlier, from the 30ies, all brass. The thread starter is a Merkur type zamak head.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Yours is earlier, from the 30ies, all brass. The thread starter is a Merkur type zamak head.
Thank you, the level of knowledge on B&B never ceases to amaze me, except mine obviously. One of these days I will correctly identify a razor, but not today.😁

Hello,

appraisal is not allowed on B&B.

For a manufacturing date, the head is cast, so 50-ies 70-ies, there are no catalogs I know of, except for the 30ies.
But you could ask Henckels, maybe they'll answer.
Thanks for your feedback, and info on appraisals. I admit i didnt quite make it through the whole rulebook:)

Top Bottom