Zino Davidoff

Discussion in 'Fragrance' started by BillC, Nov 11, 2012.

There's been a lot of chatter about this one here lately. Just saw that Amazon has a 1oz bottle for $13 with Prime shipping. Too cheap for me to pass up, looking forward to smelling this one soon

1. Good luck. I ordered mine from Amazon and the order got delayed twice. I finally cancelled it over 2 weeks later and ordered from Scentedmonkey instead.

2. zino is nice

3. I like Zino a lot, even though I have only recently encountered it.

I went for it after someone said they thought it had a feel of Guerlain Jicky - I seriously love Jicky EdP. Cheapsmells in the UK had Zino cheap and there wasn't much to lose, so I got a bottle. And I think it does have a Jicky vibe to it - not as refined or as complex, but for me it is there.

But regardless of that, it's a very good fragrance, with depth and individuality. It's a winner for me.

4. That's an interesting thought. It's a while since I sampled Heritage and my memory of it isn't recent enough to compare - I'll have to try it again next time I'm in a store.

5. I just got a bottle of this and I was surprised by the potent patchouli in it. Everyone talks about woods, vanilla and rose but really i think this is a lavender, patchouli, musk scent...

Not that I'm complaining since I love givenchy gentleman, giorgio for men, and all those other 80s patchouli fragrances. I was just not expecting it...

6. Yeah still hasn't shipped even though it says it's in stock and shipping from Amazon :-/ I've bought a few other designer scents through Amazon and never had this issue, weird it seems to recur with Zino. Thanks for the heads up on ScentedMonkey - but this was a blind buy based on curiosity and low price/free shipping. Not sure I care enough to track it down otherwise but willing to address my curiosity for $12.

7. Is it possible to make a male floral fragrance? You bet, and Zino proves it. A bit potent upon first spray, but soon transforms into a wonderful sweet, not cloying, but rather sweet creamy Floral infused with notes of A smoky spicy accord that it manages to hold throughout the whole progression of the fragrance. I would put this fragrance in the same class of two of the three Ungaro brothers. That would be two, and three. A bit dated? Perhaps, some may say a bit too much of an "Old school fragrance" Not quite sure what that means exactly, but I guess to each their own. As for me I give it a big thumb's up.

8. Well, as Matt555 predicted, Amazon never shipped. But he was nice enough to sell me his bottle since he didn't like it :)

Much more floral and pretty than I was expecting - thought it would be a darker, heavier rose. There's plenty of lavender, vanilla, spices and more here. Very busy fragrance but I like it - amazing for the bargain basement price.

Guess I need to try Guerlain Heritage and Ungaro 3 now too :)

9. For anyone interested, I ordered a bottle from fragrance.net recently and it shipped immediately.

I like it quite a bit myself.

10. I am glad you like it. I don't quite get all the comparisons between Zino and Heritage to tell you the truth. Heritage smells creamy on my skin. I thought there was a significant amount of vanilla or something in Heritage only to find out recently that there is none. So I still don't know why it smells that way on me. There was nothing creamy about Zino on my skin. I personally think they are different enough that owning both would be no problem. However, you are not going to find Heritage for the steal of a price that Zino is.

11. I do like this one! I was going to offer to send you a sample, but see you just scored a bottle. Let us know your thoughts.

12. Ad Astra

Ad Astra Ambassador

Bump for an old Zino thread.

I added this to a recent order on hunch I'd like it ... It's another great inexpensive scent. Still processing it but thumbs up!

AA

13. Bhugo

Bhugo Contributor

My favorite vanilla.

14. Used it for a number of years. My impression has always been that it is a ringer for T&H Spanish Leather.

15. Ad Astra

Ad Astra Ambassador

Have seen this elsewhere, too. It's got a lot of notes going on.

AA

16. Zino is a strong scent IMO, love it and get compliments quite a bit from it, but this scent is not for everyone. Hard to describe but hope you enjoy Zino as much as I do.

17. Ad Astra

Ad Astra Ambassador

Wore it yesterday. Good stuff.

AA