What's new

Youre opinion please

Recently ive seen guys walk about town wearing sort of dress trousers but had them rolled up till about half way up their shins with boat shoes and no socks.I quite like this look but unsure lol.The only kinda example i can give is the warby parker site where theres two guys sitting on a log or something.Heres the link http://www.warbyparker.com/ .What do you think?

it is a cool look in some parts of the country... I'd say you would have to be on the west coast or the north east

Nice look if you are young and can pull it off like those models..... on a 45 year old guy? not so much

edit just saw your location

perfectly exceptional... It has kind of a UK look to it

it is a cool look in some parts of the country... I'd say you would have to be on the west coast or the north east

Nice look if you are young and can pull it off like those models..... on a 45 year old guy? not so much

edit just saw your location

perfectly exceptional... It has kind of a UK look to it

yea i was thinking maby it would be quite a good look for a warm summer night.Yea im 22 lol not 45 lol.Thanks for the input

I can only assume that this new style is an extreme reaction to this gentleman's protestations:

[YOUTUBE]tMwhl4IrPNc[/YOUTUBE]

proxy.php

Talk about affect! Tom Ford at his best.

V

VR6ofpain

I bet you could pull off that look in Maine. Not really sure I agree with the guy saying you could pull it off on the West Coast. I'm in Northern California and would be pretty amused to see someone doing that.

Stick to something similar, but traditional. Grab some shorts and the boat shoes...and a polo.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
I think you have to be within a few paces of water or actually on a boat to dress like that. In my younger days, those were the kind of guys that got stuff thrown at them or their books knocked out of their hands.

proxy.php

Talk about affect! Tom Ford at his best.

That is so very gay. Sorry, no offense meant to heteroes wearing such kit, and no offense to gay people in general, but come on. That jacket especially is so feminine. Men are usually supposed to wear men's clothes, but I guess in these times when being a metrosexual is hip, everything goes.:laugh:

For the record, I am over 40, so my opinion doesn't count, of course.:biggrin1:

That is so very gay. Sorry, no offense meant to heteroes wearing such kit, and no offense to gay people in general, but come on. That jacket especially is so feminine. Men are usually supposed to wear men's clothes, but I guess in these times when being a metrosexual is hip, everything goes.:laugh:

Maby i am gay........na im not but yea the brooks brother example is a bit over the top.Id go more with black trousers and navy v neck and perhaps a white shirt with blue stripes and instead of boat shoes just some plain black canvas plimsoles.Thanks for the feedback

Maby i am gay........na im not but yea the brooks brother example is a bit over the top.Id go more with black trousers and navy v neck and perhaps a white shirt with blue stripes and instead of boat shoes just some plain black canvas plimsoles.Thanks for the feedback

Please note that I didn't laugh at the trouser and shoe combo, but the jacket which is sooo camp.

Please note that I didn't laugh at the trouser and shoe combo, but the jacket which is sooo camp.

Oh yea the jacket is stupid, that whole brooks brothers get up is ridiculous.Like i said go for something less......attention seeking.If i were to walk down my street in that get up i would be promptly murdered......by my own mother lol

You couldnt wear a jacket with this could you?I mean it defeats the purpose of that casual kinda look.Theres guy i see on a saturday night in the height of winter wearing jeans,tshirt with a big scarf.How daft is that? I think wearing a jacket of any sort with this style is like wearing a scarf with just jeans and a tshirt is STUPID!

Last edited:
IMHO: foppish and looks like you put on your little brother's pants by mistake. :thumbdown Any dressy-casual style points gained by dressing up drop into the negatives by capri-ing the pants.

Last edited:

I wouldnt call this gay... homosexuals are stereotyped for dressing well

this is not dressing well

Top Bottom