What's new

Your wedding ring, and SWMBO's

I don't have a picture of mine as I sent it out to have it re rhodium dipped. Here's a shot of hers:
proxy.php

You could look at getting her something with a chocolate diamond. The best ones are from the Argyle mine in Australia. The top 5%of those go directly to LeVian.

Legion

Staff member
I have a tungsten band, but for the past year I've been wearing the navy one of these http://qalo.com/collections/types?q=Rings.

I'll still put my tungsten band on if we go out but for daily wear the silicon one is more comfortable and doesn't have to be taken off when I workout or am working.

A rubber ring? That's an interesting idea. Makes sense, I always worry about damaging or losing mine. Or if I am doing something really active, catching it on something and ripping my finger apart or off (seen it happen. Not cool.)

My wedding ring has been on my finger for 32+ years. Yellow gold tapered with 5 small diamonds. It originally had a brushed finish but has been polished by the years. The back side (shank) is almost wearing through and may need to be repaired at some point.

$Ring.jpg

Have you seen Adam Ruins Everything on engagement rings?

We wish we would have seen it 15 years ago:001_rolle

As for the wedding bands mine is James Avery silver and gold and hers is squareish band with diamonds across the top that compliment her engagement ring.

Last edited:
I no longer wear a band, as I found that my workouts tended to either pinch the skin or increase the chance of tearing the ring (or my finger) off. My wife wears an eternity band with diamonds across the top and upper sides.

I know that I'm married and so does my wife, so she has no problem with me not wearing one. At 65, it's not likely that someone is going to steal me from her, anyway......

Legion

Staff member
I no longer wear a band, as I found that my workouts tended to either pinch the skin or increase the chance of tearing the ring (or my finger) off. My wife wears an eternity band with diamonds across the top and upper sides.

I know that I'm married and so does my wife, so she has no problem with me not wearing one. At 65, it's not likely that someone is going to steal me from her, anyway......

Well not with that kind of defeatist attitude. :lol:

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
proxy.php

Mine is just something straight from the counter at a Kay Jewelers or some other like store at the mall.

SWMBO's is a better story. My best man's aunt and uncle design, make, and sell jewelry, so I got to go to their store and choose the diamond and setting for the engagement ring. Their jeweler then designed and cast the wedding band to match perfectly with the engagement ring and her finger. That worked well.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
For me, plain yellow gold band.

For her, wedding band is just 5 .25 carat square cut diamonds in a row. Engagement ring is a .39 carat square cut with 2 .25 carats on each side. Both are mounted in white gold.

A tip - have your wedding date engraved in your wedding ring. That way you always have a handy reference so that you never let it slip up on you!

I have no problem remembering my anniversary, and can, with a quick google search, find the date I proposed to the wife. I was trying to tear her away from the TV to take her out to pop the question. She, like a lot of America, was glued to the TV, watching OJ run from the law in his white Bronco.

That's too funny. All of us of a certain age remember being glued to that broadcast. Our family was packing for a beach trip the following day.

I have no problem remembering my anniversary, and can, with a quick google search, find the date I proposed to the wife. I was trying to tear her away from the TV to take her out to pop the question. She, like a lot of America, was glued to the TV, watching OJ run from the law in his white Bronco.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
That's too funny. All of us of a certain age remember being glued to that broadcast. Our family was packing for a beach trip the following day.
I didn't know the details until later. I was too busy cussing OJ at the time. We ended up going to a local Mexican food chain- El Chico. I know- mister big time, huh :biggrin:

Not a good picture of the rings but in 1973 we married. Both of us were college students, with no money, but we had a great time and are still together. The only way I could afford an engagement ring was to cut the stone myself and set it in an old family setting (lapidary hobbyist). The bands are also family rings.
$Untitled-Scanned-23.jpg

Legion

Staff member
Not a good picture of the rings but in 1973 we married. Both of us were college students, with no money, but we had a great time and are still together. The only way I could afford an engagement ring was to cut the stone myself and set it in an old family setting (lapidary hobbyist). The bands are also family rings.
View attachment 626027

Thats very cool.

My wife and I are pretty traditional. We both wanted gold for the metal. My ring is 2 tone gold. The center section is yellow gold with a "hammered" texture. The edge is white gold and smooth. We opted for no engraving inside.

Her ring was a bit of a PITA. I specifically checked when getting her engagement ring that it didn't require a "special" wedding band to match it (lesson learned from a friend). Then, when we went to get her band, I was told there was a matching band to her engagment ring. Luckily, the $$ wasn't too bad. Though they gave me the wrong price initially, and I was in a bit of shock. Thankfully they admitted the mistake and got me the refund.

Congratulations, and happy hunting. Remember, you'll be wearing it the rest of your lives. Make sure you're happy with it. :)

Top Bottom