What's new

Your wedding ring, and SWMBO's

I don't have a pic at the moment, but I do not have a wedding ring. I have a signet ring which I stopped wearing a few years back.

My wife's wedding ring is a plain, gold band which fits perfectly with her sapphire and diamond engagement ring.

Legion

Staff member
Thanks David.

I am currently wearing a ring that SWMBO gave me, which I like. It fits well, I prefer silver colour to gold. It's made from a silver Walking Liberty half dollar (SWMBO is American).

I'll probably repurpose that as my wedding ring.

SWMBO is more complicated...

$ring.jpg

Thanks David.

I am currently wearing a ring that SWMBO gave me, which I like. It fits well, I prefer silver colour to gold. It's made from a silver Walking Liberty half dollar (SWMBO is American).

I'll probably repurpose that as my wedding ring.

SWMBO is more complicated...

View attachment 625452

"Complicated" I understand, but my first thought/suggestion would be that the ring which you buy for her would have a strong Australian connection to be a counterpoint to your ring.

Legion

Staff member
"Complicated" I understand, but my first thought/suggestion would be that the ring which you buy for her would have a strong Australian connection to be a counterpoint to your ring.

:thumbup1:

Maybe an Aussie opal? Good idea. I will put it to the comity.

Mine is rather plain yellow gold. At one time it had an edging of what looked like fine beading, but that has long since worn off. It has been on my finger since May of 1972, so some wear is to be expected.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Mine is a tattoo- black outline, filled with red, with "Mary" written in script. I got tired of taking off a ring every time I worked with electricity, got in hydraulic fluid, or washed my hands. I can not take the feeling of water under a ring.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Mine is a tattoo- black outline, filled with red, with "Mary" written in script. I got tired of taking off a ring every time I worked with electricity, got in hydraulic fluid, or washed my hands. I can not take the feeling of water under a ring.

Pictures or you're not married.

Last edited:

strop

Now half as wise
My brides original diamond was a tiny little diamond, but more than I could afford at the time. Fast forward 25 years later, and I needed to have my wedding band cut off. We were in a position to add to my little diamond and resize and use my old band as her new ring.

I really like the idea of a distinct Aussie flavor to tge ring, to complement yours from her.

$Ball-and-Chain.jpg

Actually, I have a wedding band that is genuine Hopi and she has an antique 1920's American wedding ring with a little diamond and matching band.

Last edited:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Pictures or you're not married.
Lousy picture. It is usually legible, but my skin is really dry right now. Believe it or not, dry skin can my a tat look bad. I need to get it touch up to compensate for the cut I got around the middle of it.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 304
For me, plain yellow gold band.

For her, wedding band is just 5 .25 carat square cut diamonds in a row. Engagement ring is a .39 carat square cut with 2 .25 carats on each side. Both are mounted in white gold.

A tip - have your wedding date engraved in your wedding ring. That way you always have a handy reference so that you never let it slip up on you!

Man, that was like back when the Mayflower came over to America but I bought a 4 diamond band and a main diamond on another band set, kinda interlocking job. I went to a guy who I knew who had shown me one of the most stunning diamonds I had ever seen several years before. We were so broke back then I put a third down and made payments for over a year. Guy let her take one home at the halfway point. After that, I never even got one. I would have just tore it up or lost it anyhow.

To this day, everywhere she goes people comment about how pretty her set is and want to look at it. It just radiates light everywhere like its on fire. She had it appraised about 5 years ago for insurance purposes and the guy wanted to buy it off her with me standing there. I thought that was kind cheap. He said that the way the diamonds are cut is rarely used today. I would be afraid to know what that would set a young man back today and am glad I only had to do it once.

Last edited:
My wife's ring is a plain platinum band. Her engagement ring is white gold with a diamond on each side of a sapphire.
My original band i had a white gold comfort band with a small sapphire chip but it fell out. Now i have a stainless steel band with three small diamond chips.

When i wore one, it was a plain band white gold, never ever thought much of gold gold. My wife's is a simple gold band with a platinum setting, single diamond.
dave

Legion

Staff member
For me, plain yellow gold band.

For her, wedding band is just 5 .25 carat square cut diamonds in a row. Engagement ring is a .39 carat square cut with 2 .25 carats on each side. Both are mounted in white gold.

A tip - have your wedding date engraved in your wedding ring. That way you always have a handy reference so that you never let it slip up on you!

She wants the date as a tattoo. I am going along with the idea for exactly that reason.

Wife and I got married with family rings, I had my grandfathers, my wife had my mothers old band.

We waited a bit to change, my wife has a custom full Diamond pave with big rock on top. No photo available.

I picked up a plain gold bzero1 in customs in Seoul on way home from FSU

proxy.php

$IMG_0027.jpg
My wife and I married with matching gold bands (above), hers a bit narrower. I gave her an "eternity" ring for our 40th anniversary. Our tradition does not permit engraving or gems for the wedding ceremony.
$IMG_0028.jpg

I like my plain gold band. It could use a good polish though.

This is actually one of my grandfather's wedding rings (he only married once, but I think he had a habit of losing his wedding bands). No one's really sure if it's the original or one of the replacements he bought over the years.

When he passed away, my grandmother gave me a lot of his clothes and accessories. I found this ring in a wallet--which was empty except for the ring. It currently fits a little better than the ring my wife and I originally picked out (which is also a plain gold band) so I wear it and it makes me think of him.

Edit: I forgot SWMBO's, but it's a plain white gold band.

proxy.php

Last edited:
Top Bottom