What's new

Your wedding ring, and SWMBO's

Mine is a plain gold band. SWMBO's was, too, until it fell off somewhere. But we went to Jaipur, India in '93 and I bought her a ruby. She was working for a jeweler at the time and was able to have it beautifully set in yellow gold. That one got left in a restaurant restroom in Tokyo. A year or so later we were at a jewelry wholesaler in Bangkok and I bought her a sapphire ring. I don't even remember how that one got lost. Maybe if we make it to 50 years I will be moved to try again . . .

Mine is titanium which I picked because it was inexpensive, light and virtually indestructible. I work at a desk, but at home I get into all kinds of projects (car work, carpentry, beer brewing, etc) so I wanted something I wouldn't ever have to work about damaging. 14 years in and I couldn't be happier with my bride, or my choice of rings. Like others have mentioned, ours are both engraved with "I do" and our date inside.

For her, I got a custom platinum engagement ring, with a trellis setting (check them out, it holds the diamond up a bit more so the light hits it better) and a cheap band, set with small square diamonds.

Good luck with everything.

20170321_112224.jpg 20170321_112321.jpg

I have at least three ... but the one on the left is what I wear more every day. Titanium band with a rosewood inlay.

The one on the right I'll wear often this spring/summer/fall. It's a silicone wedding band by Kauai. I'll wear it when I'm cycling or out on the river tubing or kayaking.

When we married I had a plain dark tungsten band which I also liked very much.

I got a Black Qalo silicone ring. I had it for about a year now. I can wear it while working on cars and dont have to worry about it getting pinched or touching something electrical. Only take it off when doing dishes or showering.

I work in an industry and have hobbies that often require I remove mine for safety reasons, so my band is a simple tungsten steel band (a few bucks on Amazon). Hers was a white gold ring to match the engagement ring, with a few small diamonds to match the side-dressing.

Nothing terribly fancy. I've had to replace mine twice now, with no heartburn from the SWMBO, as it's a symbol to us, and at the price of a workday lunch, not a big deal.

And she's still with me, 6 years later so I guess it's working.

(wedding photo, the only one we have with both rings--she's from a beach town (sand), and I'm from the mountains (rocks) and that was our "Unity" ceremony)

0433.jpg

The picture isn't great... White gold, both hers and mine. Hers is .50 carat diamond, small ruby either side of center stone. One on engagement band, one on wedding. Mine has circles engraved. We put the date on the inside of mine. After doing it we had to move the date of the wedding. I spent about 5 days in the hospital. We moved it to a month later. I have worn it pretty much continuously for over 34 years now. Makes for a good story though.

proxy.php

I work with electrical equipment and was constantly taking my ring off. This is just easier. When I do wear my ring, it covers up the tattoo.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
proxy.php

I work with electrical equipment and was constantly taking my ring off. This is just easier. When I do wear my ring, it covers up the tattoo.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
That, and not being able to stand the feel of water under the band, is why I tattooed mine.

Because of this thread and because of happening upon a daily deal on Amazon, I now have a replacement 10K 6mm simple gold band.

I wonder if anyone has ever done a study on the positive economic impact this site has had for the US? :)
How about the negative economic impact its had on me? I never used to buy nuttin'
Now my closet is full of stuff!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Simple marquise cut with three smaller stones on the band on either side. I had this made but was too large when it arrived.

IMG_0331.JPG

The correct size did not arrive in time for the wedding. My dad gave me his white gold band for the event, he is not a jewelry guy. The band has been on my finger 20+ years except for x-rays and special events where I use the "nice band" . It's a bit lighter from abrasions from rock/files/grinders/general life experiences but happy to say it did not pull my finger off in the equipment as old timers cautioned..

Tom

Top Bottom