What's new

Your most useful/favorite present ever

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
As the title suggests, show & tell us about the most useful or favorite present you've ever received. Birthday, Christmas, Anniversary, Bar/Bat Mitzvah, Housewarming, etc.
Mine is this Swiss Army Knife, from my sister Cate, 25+ years ago. I carry it almost every day. It's an accident when I leave home without it. I may not need it for a month, but, almost invariably, if I forget it, I need it. It's opened more beer & soda bottles than I can conceive.

Second place goes to the Yeti coffee cup that was Sniped to me a few years ago by the B&B Sniper Team. (Had anyone been Sniped since I was?) I use it almost every day.

Swiss Army is most useful, but favorite is a tossup between that and the Yeti.

Pics, of course, are appreciated.
0429211639_HDR~2.jpg

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
That's a tough one! I've been fortunate to receive many wonderful, useful gifts. The most used of those gifts has to be something in my kitchen, though. It's pretty much a toss up between my electric kettle and my stand mixer.

Believe it or not. This!! A pizza cutter! One of a few Christmas gifts to us from my mother some 6 years ago or so. At first I thought I’d never use it because I just use a knife. But now I can’t live without it. Not just for frozen pizzas (a staple in our home), but quesadillas, and even grilled cheese sandwiches. So essential to my kitchen activity that I actually tried sharpening it on my whetstones.

12C110D1-1EA9-408E-94C8-EDE60D5D5A4C.jpeg

Eben Stone

Staff member
20210430_212414.jpg

That's all that's left from the Van der Hagen shaving kit my wife gave me. She got it for me *before* I started using traditional shaving gear. I threw away the soap without even trying it. I threw away the brush after 30 shaves. I still have the bowl. It's useful, but I chose this gift as my favorite because it inspired me to start this hobby.

Top Bottom