What's new

Your lifetime setup??

If you were given a deal that you would be supplied with a lifetime supply of cream/soap, aftershave, blades and razor (with one backup) and ALL of them have to be the SAME including the backup razor...what would your setup be??

Tabac*
Skin Bracer**
40s style super speed***
Astra****

* answer subject to change
** answer subject to change
*** answer subject to change
**** answer subject to change

It would be a sad day, indeed, when I had to pick a single set up. That said, I find myself using some products more than others. Some choices would be relatively easy, as my favorite blade and after-shave choices stand far ahead of any others. The rest of the choices were much more difficult, and on another day, would probably change.

Brush: A Simpson Eagle G3 in Best- I prefer to face lather and the Eagle has a short loft and enough backbone to tackle any soap out there. I would miss the occasional shave with a Semogue boar though.

Soap: This was a tough decision as there are a half dozen that all have their own appeal. In a close call , AoS Lavender edged out MWF. The extra density of the lather was the deciding factor.

Razor: Another tough call. Either an NDC Superspeed or pre-war Tech would be a safe choice to guarantee a great, effortless shave every day. But since I'm choosing only one (with a back up), the ultimate in razors is the way to go. For me, this is a British Gillette Aristocrat #15. This combines everything I look for in a razor in one sexy package. With it, I get a moderately aggressive, heavy, open-combed, Rhodium plated TTO with drop dead gorgeous looks.

Blade: Iridium Super- Of the twenty blades of tried, nothing performs as well. They are sharp and smooth, and I've yet to try a razor that they don't make better.

After-shave: Speick ASL- It has everything I like to put on my face after a shave all mixed into one pleasant smelling solution. It contains pure fermentation alcohol, a combination of essential oils, extracts of genuine Speick plant, witch hazel, alum, lavender water, moisturizing glycerine, and astringent ingredients such as menthol and camphor. The scent is pleasant but mild and short acting. This keeps it from interfering with whatever fragrance I choose to wear.

Fragrance: This was the most difficult to whittle down to just one. In the end, it may not be the most stunning scent I've worn ( another decision altogether, coming down to either Creed Windsor, Amouage Jubilation XXV, or Montale Black Aoud), but is the one fragrance that I could wear every day and always be happy with it- Christian Dior's Eau Sauvage. I could wear this one day or night, at work or on an evening out, winter or summer. It is also the scent that I don't ever seem to tire of. It's been around for nearly as long as I have and I don't see it going out of fashion

Pils 101 (I wouldn't need a back up), Feather Blades, Shavemac XXL, MWF & Mama Bear's Unscented Winter After Shave balm.

Lifetime supply eh... That's actually going to require some thought, I mean really what razor, blade, and soap could I live with for the rest of my days? Hmm for a razor I'd have to give the nod to a 40's Super Speed which (for me) is a nice balance between mild and aggressive. As for a blade I think I'd have to go with the Personna Lab Blue's. While there may be sharper blades (but only marginally so), there aren’t many that are as smooth, and with my hide smooth means a lot. Soap, soap, my kingdom for a soap! I know, how about Kiss My Face (unscented), it's slick and has a good cushion. Yea I think I could live with that setup, but since I'm an "old guy" it's not going to be that big a supply.:001_tongu

Last edited:
Omega 10049 or Semogue LE 2010 Silvertip
Palmolive stick or Alraz the Bomb cream (both if I can have one soap and one cream)
Muhle R89
Gillette 7 Blue or Personna Med Prep
C.O. Bigelow Dr. Galen Herbal Tonic as aftershave
Atkinson's English Lavender for my daily cologne

I could quite happily live with the following kit.

Gem OCMM
Gem Stainless PTFE
Semogue 2000
Superior 70 Bay Rum
Arko Shave Stick

Great thread!

Pre: Proraso Pre
Brush: Shavemac 177 Silvertip
Soap: Tabac
Razor: Muhle R41 (2011)
Blade: Personna Med Prep
Aftershave: Skin Bracer Cool Spice
Fragrance: GFT Sandalwood

* Subject to change.

DE89
IP Blue
KMF (just tried it recently and keep going back to it)
Proraso AS
Clinique Post Shave Balm
Dolce & Gabbana light blue EDT

Tabac soap
Floid Blue (or Pinaud Bay Rum).

Razor and blade is tough. I love the 2011 R41 with the 7:00 Yellow for my face, but I'm still using the Fusion on my head.
So at this point, I'd have to say 2010 R41 and 7:00 Yellow if I could have one and only one.

But I'm transitioning to straights right now.

1952 SuperSpeed
Red IP blades
Simpson Duke 1 brush
TOBS Rose cream (but I would miss my shave sticks)
Dickinson Witch Hazel

Pre Shave :: Yves Rocher - Daily Face Wash
Brush :: Any good quality Best or Finest Badger Brush
Shaving Cream :: The Body Shop - Maca Root Shave Cream
Razor :: Gillette Slim Adjustable
Blade :: Personna Lab
AS Fragrance :: 4711 cologne
Balm :: The Body Shop - Maca Root Razor Relief

Razor=Gillette Red Tip
Blade=Personna Red
Brush=Any Nice Boar (haven't Tried enough to know yet)
Soap=Col. Conk Lime
AS=Pinaud Clubman

Supplied for life?

Razor-AoS Chrome Powered handle
Blade-Fusion ProGlide
Brush-Chubby 2 Best
Soap-EJ Seabuckthorn
AS-T&H 1805

Tech
Astras
Proraso pre
Any BBB with a bit of backbone