What's new

Your help needed! Highest New Improved serial numbers from Gillette's non-US plants

My british Lady Decolletee Coral set looks NOS. It comes with "2264" blades, that will date it to 1928. The serial number is 195 755 Y:

proxy.php

I just picked up an English-made Gillette New Improved in a Richwood case. The serial number is:
083956Y
Sounds like it is somewhere in the middle of the "Y" serial numbers. The lid of the Richwood case was installed with the writing upside down (not the first time we have seen this mistake).
I can post pictures if anyone is interested ...

Here's a couple of my Made in England, New Improved razors. Not the highest numbers but I'm adding them for the record.

Silver Bostonian S/N 140439Y

proxy.php

proxy.php

Gold Tuckaway S/N 164597Y

proxy.php

proxy.php

Bringing this back from the dead, and adding my two Canadian New Improved razor's, both of them with tuckaway style handles.
The silver plated ser# is 13806 Z and the Gold plated ser# is 66764 Z. Not very high up in the ser # dept, but adds anyway.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
I've just picked up a new improved stamped 009589 Y : not a high number i know, but hopefully adds to the info

I just picked up a bottom tray and handle of a Big Fellow Gold. It has a serial number of what I thought was 1189. The bottom plate has the Gillette Diamond logo only, and the barrell has Patended 1920. Upon further inspection and some polishing the correct serial number is
"1189 Z". It looks like it is a very early Canadian. Photos to follow.

Top Bottom