What's new

Your favorite Aftershave balms?

Musgo Real Aftershave Balsam (Balm)
Not cheap, but very good, great smell and does wonders to your skin
worth trying

Soap Commander - Respect - Has a nice citrus scent.
Soap Commander - Integrity - Unscented - Use when I want to wear a cologne or EDT and don't want 2 different scents.

To me, all of the D.R. Harris milks are the best balms you can find. Not too thick and just does a great job all around.

Hey, I'm fairly new to the wet shave world (I'm loving all aspects .of it), but I've always searched for good face balms.
The guys are all correct about Nivea for sensitive skin (white glass bottle...nice), I have not tried their other balm for normal skin, but could be nice too.
I love Proaso for sensitive skin (Oat & Green Tea)...similar to Nivea, great smell, but not overpowering...skin feels great after this.
Now, a real favorite is St James of London"s Postshave Gel....awesome frangrance is Cedarwood & ClarySage..price is $36 for 3.4oz...other fragrances: Mandarin Patchouli, Sandlewood&Bergamont, BlackPepper&Lime, Lavender&Geranium (sensitive skin).
My next to try, because of all the good things I've heard about it, is Alt-Innsbruck.
Happy hunting, hope I've been of help :001_rolle

I used to use Nivea until I tried a sample of Brickell Instant Relief Aftershave. It is now the only thing I use.

I second this! I just started using Brickell Instant Relief Aftershave after receiving a sample and love it. I have used many, many balms and this one is definitely at the top of the list now. It feels fantastic, is very light and smells great. Definitely worth a try if you are looking for a great balm.

I have only tried Soap Commander and Art of Shaving and can recommend both. SC feels a bit heavier so you won't need as much and the touch of menthol is great. AoS is pricey but goes on easy and feels light.

NEUTROGENA TRIPLE PROTECT 25SPF- goes really well after Aqua Velva, Clubman, Brut & Grey Flannel

For all others I use Pre de Provence both the Sage and 63. Works well after XXX, Musgo Real splashes

the PdP is second to none

Nivea sensitive skin is the very best I have found....and I have tried a lot, including many ofvthevothers mentioned here (like aos...way too greasy, expensive). Best part: I bought dome at 50% in the grocery store recently. $3!! It beats stuff that is $40.

Nivea sensitive skin is the very best I have found....and I have tried a lot, including many ofvthevothers mentioned here (like aos...way too greasy, expensive). Best part: I bought dome at 50% in the grocery store recently. $3!! It beats stuff that is $40.

What Grocery store? I usually see specials at Walgreens Rite Aid.

Stirling Bay Rum
Pre de Provence # 63
Tabac

I must say I'm surprised to see preferences going to basic drugstore brands. That seems so unlike the discussions of the esoteric in other categories here.

I've tried or have a bunch and I would recommend either a balm from Stirling or Soap Commander. Both have great bang for the buck. Stirling nails the Creed scents and SC has some terrific ones of their own. Another favorite is Queen Charlotte Soaps Iced Key Lime, super cooling and limey.

Yes, I have versions of all the English balms plus an AoS balm and have used up a Nivea.

Go for one of the three I mentioned at the start of this post, you will be happy.

I just can't see spending a lot of money on what is basically just face lotion. I like Avon Wild Country but it is discontinued but occasionally I see it at very discounted prices on Ebay and I'll buy multiple tubes at a time.

The other day I found 5 tubes of various Avon balms for $15 shipped and went with that. Nivea just smells too medicinal to me even though it's widely available. I used to like the balm sold by the Shaving Company but I don't see that around anymore.

I prefer balms to splashes and have tried a bunch. Speick is #1 for me - just love it. I just tried La Toja for the first time and think this could also be a favorite. Musgo Real, T&H, Esbjerg would be in the next tier for me, with Nivea sensitive, Neutrogenia razor defense, and Proraso also nice options.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
I really like Soap Commander for the warmer weather. It has just the right amount of menthol, and comes in many scents. Great post shqve face feel too.

+1 My vote , SC Has a very nice post shave feel, I really like their "Courage" scent.

Top Bottom