What's new

Your desert island DE?

My slant and plenty of Old Grand Dad Bonded 100 proof bourbon. Use the Slant/Feathers first then enjoy the Old Grand Dad.
DO NOT REVERSE THIS ORDER!

i would think that the correct choise for a place where you cant get replacement blades would be a good straight razor, also be able to use it as a utility knife... but then again, you might not be able to use it on your face if you use it on wood or plants, if it came between eating and shaving, alot of people here might have a difficult choice XD,

Without question a Merkur 38C.

But I did have to look to see if I posted earlier on this thread as the 38C has been my desert island shaver since May 07. Prior to that it would have been a 40's SuperSpeed.

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
That's incredible. I can still see your collection in that beautiful Gillette case in my mind's eye. I think about it often when I want to get myself to a better place. :wink:

Bob...I relieved myself of all these beauties AFTER selling over 200 other odd razors...I thought I would keep at LEAST a few of these...LOL... Even the "Sticky" as beautiful as it was didn't gain favor for me over the Merkur 38C. BTW...now I'm back up to 6 brushes and really want a Simpson Emperor AND the proposed new B&B brush (I think)...

Attachments

• $remainingcollection.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 125
Bob...I relieved myself of all these beauties AFTER selling over 200 other odd razors...I thought I would keep at LEAST a few of these...LOL... Even the "Sticky" as beautiful as it was didn't gain favor for me over the Merkur 38C. BTW...now I'm back up to 6 brushes and really want a Simpson Emperor AND the proposed new B&B brush (I think)...

Mike,
I see a few spots & scratches on some of those razors but I'll do you a favor and give you a hundred bucks for that mixed lot. I mean geez - there's only one FatBoy in that mix. But it's Friday and I'm feeling generous. :biggrin:

My '62 Slim and a big box of Feathers would be my choice but I have got a slant on the way :rolleyes:

Oh, and Stolichnaya :crazy:

Top Bottom