What's new

Your best razor is....

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Since I only have two razors... and only use one of them.... my "best razor" is my ESC Claymore Evo. ;)

Not a DE razor, but what the heck?

Wolfman WR2 TI 1.65
I wanted the best razor I could find that would shave me to presentable no matter the amount of days (within let’s say 2 weeks or 2 days) between shaves. It’s not an everyday shaver but neither am I and I’ve not found a time when the shave was any different no matter the amount that needs to be taken down. It’s not my only razor but it’s the only one I use.
01024693-1FFA-4C85-B96D-36627C05B72B.jpeg

I have become enamored with the Karve Overlander, so much so I had it 24K Gold Plated. IMO it produces the best most efficient shaves for me and is a dream to take care of, just rinse and wipe dry after shaving. After about a month it looks as good as the day I received it after plating by Chris at Back Roads Gold.

89677E60-1E58-45F0-9746-14CE1CCEF55F_1_105_c.jpeg

Wolfman WR2 TI 1.65
I wanted the best razor I could find that would shave me to presentable no matter the amount of days (within let’s say 2 weeks or 2 days) between shaves. It’s not an everyday shaver but neither am I and I’ve not found a time when the shave was any different no matter the amount that needs to be taken down. It’s not my only razor but it’s the only one I use.
View attachment 1442568
Beautiful razor. Is it polished or matte?

This is as close as I get to answering this question..... ;)

Big Dog Alpha Razors:
  • Overall #1: Blackland Razors Stainless Vector SB & OC Plates, Ti Handle
  • AC Blade: Blackland Razors Stainless Vector SB & OC Plates, Ti Handle
  • DE (Current): Blackland Razors Ti Blackbird
  • DE (Vintage): Gillette Tech/NEW Hybrid
  • GEM (Current): Blackland Razors Sabre L2
  • GEM (Vintage): GEM MMOC & BMMOC

:) :cool:
Is Blackbird better for you than wolfman 2 ?

I'm thinking either my Lupo. 72 or Rex Ambassador. I love them both. They are both very well built. The Lupo has a very slim head design making it very manouverable the Rex is obviously a bit more bulky but no uncomfortably so.

The Rex having the advantages of being adjustable maybe has the edge over the Lupo. 72. But I'm calling it an equal 1st place for both right now.

I have about 125 razors of all different materials, types and vintages (I am mainly an open comb guy, but I have a pretty good collection of s/b and slants as well). I prefer high end blades, such as Feather, Gillette Silver Blue, Polsilvers, Nacets - the sharper the better! Sometimes I start using one shaver and I will use it for a couple of weeks and think to myself "this is as good as shaving ever gets!", then I will start using another shaver and think "no this one is best". From slants, to PAA O/C fakelite Slant, to Gillette Big Fellows, to Gillette Bulldog, to various Mercur and Ikon open combs and then back again. I think I have found my grail but alas...

I just switched over from an 84 O/C GameChanger head on a titanium Stork handle to a 100-year-old Gillette Double Ring and again, the Double Ring wowed me! I marvel that there have been so many designs, materials and types since the Double Ring was first introduced, but yet one can be had for about 30 bucks and with a quality blade, it is still pretty tough to beat!

my best razor 🪒 is the Merkur 23C because it has a long handle and it is light and very handy. It is a close comb. However I have either the same as an open comb because I mounted the head of a detachable travel Merkur open comb on a handle of a 23C that was left without a head 💡

While I don't necessarily share or understand why some people love exactly this or that particular razor so much, I would like to encourage more people to come out of the woods and tell which razor they love and why.

I just had a revelation shave. My favorite razor, a Timeless Slim OC, paired with a blade I usually don't have on my radar, an Astra Superior Stainless, absolutely wow-ed me.
OK, I will bite.

The REX Envoy loaded with a PermaSharp in the gold box. The combo consistently delivers a very close, very smooth, nick free and irritation free shave. These shaves are as close as I can get without causing skin issues. The shaves last more than 12 hours so the face is ready the next morning. The REX Envoy has enough exposure to let me know what I’m doing.

Top Bottom