What's new

Your best razor is....

I'm in the process of experimenting at the moment, so please don't distract me :biggrin:

Nicholas Cage Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

I purchased the Dorco PL602 last year, I tried it one time then stored it in a box.
I had one kind of blade at the time, now I have different varieties of blades.

Since January of this year, I use the Dorco PL602 to shave my head and my beard,
I find it super for my sensitive skin.

The Dorco PL602 is my definitive shaver, it's the only razor I use, I will use it until the end of time.

MBq8D8m.jpg

Last edited:
The question is: "What razor in your collection is the absolute best one?" leaves me torn as "absolute best one" isn't defined, so my:
"Absolute Most Complete/Best Condition" razor would be my 1921 Gillette New Improved Tuckaway in the case with period correct blades/blade case. I'd say it's my best shaving (love the way a New Improved shaves), but I've only used it once out of fear of dropping it and ruining it.
"Absolute Best One that I'd like to toss into the ocean during a hurricane" would be everyone of my Black Beauties, because none of them have aged well and they're just going to corrode and eventually break anyway, so into the ocean with them.
"Absolute Best One that I just can't get a decent edge on to shave yet" would be everyone of my Rolls Razors, which everyone says are the closest you can get to a straight razor shave, but after diligently working on them and then fighting with them, I decided to just start using straight razors and cut out the middle man.
"Absolute Best Shaving Razor (a.k.a. my "go-to" razor when I want a smooth, comfortable, quick, autopilot shave) would be every one of the six Fat Boys I own, and the others I will own eventually...
Tuckaway.jpgBU1.jpgRolls Shave.jpegFatboys.jpg

I reckon for me when it comes to DE Razors it's defo my merkur 45 bakelite razor

for a start I wouldn't call it aggressive but it's just so smooth and efficient, I have thick and coarse hair and no matter if I let my hair grow a bit too much it never clogs, Its lightweight and as I understand discontinued

Very nimble and can't be used for long, short strokes with ease and buffing etc too, Imho I think it's a very underrated razor

In regards to SE Razors so far it's between the MARS SE Razor which is adjustable and the Ninfeng SE which takes two whole DE blades

I only used the MARS Razor a few times and the Ninfeng SE Razor once bit they've defo impressed me

Interesting thing is I've found some of the best razors seem to be the cheaper ones, coincidence maybe? I don't know lol 🤷

IMG_20220412_224427.jpg
IMG_20220412_224333.jpg

Up until about a week ago I would have ventured to say my Rockwell 6S (plate 6) was my best or favorite at least, but this week I took a Razorock GC .68 for a spin and that thing impressed the hell out of me. It was almost effortless and such great balance. It's my new favorite but I'm sure after the honeymoon phase is over I'll be looking for something new again.

Paired with my favorite blade the Gillette Platinum, the razor that gives me absolutely close and smooth shaves every single day with my 1-pass technique is the Gillette Super Speed, or any of its cousin variants (Executive, Aristocrat, Diplomat, President, …)

Iridian

Cool and slimy
Timeless Slim Open Comb. Must have a scalloped cap, otherwise it's just not the same.

Runners up (a pitiful way to post more than one razor, please indulge me): Wunderbar, Apollo Light, Greencult

Also, let me make some idle threats on this forum: Timeless, I NEED the CROWN handle in stainless steel.
I threaten not to buy it if you do not release it.
I will promise to buy it if you do. :thumbup1:

Top Bottom