What's new

Your best razor is....

My best is the one I use most often: Henson AL13 Mild.
047DD1FD-D148-4F7E-8C51-19F3F943B931.jpeg

I love all my razors. Seriously. I have been very lucky with advice from B&B Gents and gut instinct. All great performers.

But if the question is being framed - as I take it - as a 9 year old being asked the razor equivalent of 'who is your bestest girlfriend?' in a playground sometime in 1970, and I was that 9 year old, then the answer would be
IMG_20220205_200833623~2.jpg

Fatip Piccolo Mk2.

I still have an irrational crush on it, after 2 months, and I reach for it increasingly. I dearly love all the others in my little collection, but this one at the moment is my 'bestest best girlfriend'

Until the next one comes around and steals my foolish 9 year old heart.

The Rotation of emotion?

Last edited:
So far, my $5 antique-store gold ball-end Tech has given me my best run of irritation-free, comfortably close (though non-BBS) shaves. I've used a Merkur 34C and an EJDE89 and can get a similarly close shave but requiring more passes and touch up, which leads to more irritation.

I'm willing to accept that may be due to my inexperience, but I'm SURE that the Tech is more forgiving to my less than perfect technique. With the Tech, I'm just shaving, not worrying. I love it.

Much as I adore my Henson, I'd have to say my Canadian Pre-War Tech. The Henson makes shaving somewhat idiot-proof but I believe that if you can get good shaves with a Tech, you can probably learn to shave with any razor. I know it taught me a bunch and it isn't done teaching me just yet.

Top Bottom