What's new

You think you're long winded? Try making up for 3,000 posts without offering a PIF!

I've come to the conclusion that's whatJessy is going for anyway. Does anyone remember what he's giving away?

oh yeah, shaving stuff :wink2:
Wait this isn't just a thread full of repeated hijackings? There's something being given away here? How do I enter, or did I already?

Wait this isn't just a thread full of repeated hijackings? There's something being given away here? How do I enter, or did I already?
You entered. But you lost. :lol: :devil:

I need to unsubscribe from this thread. Jessy is gonna start throwing stuff at me soon.

Did someone say something about a hijacking? I gotta get off b&b and watch the news ococcasionally.

Wait, what am I saying!?!?

Did someone say something about a hijacking? I gotta get off b&b and watch the news ococcasionally.

Wait, what am I saying!?!?
Let's not get radical here...this thread is way more interesting than the news, unless of course you're talking about the best team in baseball!! That's right time to hijack the snot out of this thread to say that the Pittsburgh Pirates have the best record in baseball and are 21 games over .500! They haven't had a winning season since I was 12, I'm 33, 20 straight years of losing baseball and I FINALLY have a team worth getting excited about.

OK hijack over, I don't work tomorrow so I'm going to keep browsing B&B until I need to go to sleep.

Hijackings? Baseball? Computers?

HIPPOPOTAMUS!!!

$hippo.jpg

Well guys, it appears we've reach Hippopotamus level! You know what that means?

THE PIF HAS been put out of its misery ENDED!!!

In typical long winded fashion I have determined a winner in quite a roundabout way. Along the way I've been keeping score by placing each entrant (and non entrant) into a list in excel. We ended up with a total of 105 entries from 48 entrants.

The Process:_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
So, I started with a list of all entries. Adjacent to this list, I created a corresponding column where each row held the formula '=RAND()'. This generated a number between 0 and 1. Next, I ordered the list of entries by the randomized column. This gave me a good shuffle. The next thing I did was to generate a random number within my range of entries. So I created another column with the formula '=RANDBETWEEN(1,105). I wasn't done yet, however. I decided I needed to maximize my randomness, so I duplicated the formula as much as Excel 2007 would allow...

One Million, Forty-eight Thousand, Five Hundred and Seventy-six times.

$PIFStats-End.JPG

Still, not quite finished, I decided the winner would be chosen based on the most used integer (the Mode). So I ran Excel's descriptive statistics tool.​

$PIFStats.JPG
This yielded the number 67 being the most frequent integer.​

CONGRATULATIONS NUMBER SIXTY-SEVEN!!!! COME ON DOWWWWWWWNNNNN!!!!!!!!

$PIFStats-WinnerWinnerChickenDinner.JPG

Note: There is one small problem though, I'm not sure if InspiringK ever actually entered the PIF. Anyone who can tell me accurately if he did or not is welcome to meet me in Houston this weekend and slap me with a trout.

A note to the winner. Please contact me via PM with your choices of Pen, Razor, and soap. I'll post the winning stash for all to see.

Also, thanks to all who participated in the Doctor Who trivia. For those who were stumped, the correct answer, according to Writer/Producer Steven Moffat is that The Doctor as traveled so much, and has messed with his own time stream to the point that he's not sure how old he actually is.

Great pif Jessy, congrats to the winner.

Currently running the numbers on the cost to get to Houston with a live trout.:shifty:

Lots of fun Jessy, awesome thread and great PIF! Can't wait to see the winner's goodies! Also, you clearly have me beat with excel skills.

Thanks for the awesome PIF!! This thread was a lot of fun and congratulations to InspiringK on the long-winded win!

A note to the winner. Please contact me via PM with your choices of Pen, Razor, and soap. I'll post the winning stash for all to see.

Heyoooo!:thumbup::a50::a50::a23::a5::a23::a28:

Excellent! Thanks jzuzphreek, info with details coming shortly via PM.

Thanks for the congrats everyone.

This was a fun PIF thread! Great, I can't wait.

Top Bottom