What's new

You have $500- what do you buy?

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I thought this might be fun. You are given $500, and you must spend it on something Haberdashery related. What do you buy? It does not have to be one thing, it can be multiple things, as long as you spend the $500. You are responsible for tax and shipping and handling. Let's go.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Well first of all if I had 5 hundred it would be on a new BBQ smoker...ha. After that it would be a pair of Sorel rubber boots, a Coach purse for my wife because it's her birthday.

A genuine Cowichan sweater.

$10602-main-873_1.jpg

http://www.filson.com/cowichan-sweater-eagle-10602.html

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I hope that was $500 USD Owen as the exchange rate gives me a bit more to play with.

Well I'm in two minds. A watch or a pair of NZ made custom boots.

Then its who to make the boots. McKinlay has a shoe in as the pair of shoes I just got feel so good. These have only been worn about 6 time but are breaking in nicely.
His site says you can request a style to make just for you or ask to changes to the stock listed. His stock shoes are $230 so may have change from a custom pair of boots. If I have change then some shoe trees would be a good investment.

These are my McKinlays after 6 days of use. I just know I will enjoy a pair of boots made by these guys.

$20151108_162855.jpg

Then the other option for NZ made commissioned boots is Sue Engels. I found her site looking for boots a month or so ago.
Now I will need to top up the $500 if I want boots or shoes from Sue.
The Crocodile & Calf Leather Loafers look nice. So many options, even the slippers look good.
http://www.sue-engels.co.nz/commissions.html

Price guide in $NZD. May need the exchange rate to make this work.
shoes $550 - 750
ankle length boots $650-800
calf length to knee high boots $800 - 1000
Ostich and other special leather will incur a surcharge depending on availability.

Last edited:
Maybe this is sad but I like Dockers, an Old Navy button down shirt, some $100 shoes, good insoles, and a $300 watch. I think I'm at about $500 :)

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I'd wait until I had another $688 to add to the pile and buy a pair of socks.

proxy.php

Wait... $500 USD or CAD. This is the deciding factor between either Alden Indies or shipping, duties, brokerage fees and the cost to get an Alden T-shirt to my door. Need clarification.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Wait... $500 USD or CAD. This is the deciding factor between either Alden Indies or shipping, duties, brokerage fees and the cost to get an Alden T-shirt to my door. Need clarification.
I will let you interpret that. Which works better for you?

Top Bottom