What's new

Southern Scholar Socks reward program changes

Thought I might save others some trouble. I do not usually bother with worrying about rewards programs, but I really like this company's socks and had quite a few points built up, when I found myself flooded with emails telling me to use my award points before they expired, with a dropdead date in about a month. Why expired? Because they were changing the awards program.

I did not happen to need a bunch of socks just now. I had bought a bunch of socks over the past couple of years or so, which is why I had enough awards points to worry about.

Anyway, after a fair number of emails back and forth, it turns out that to use one's points before expiration, one simply has to convert them to awards, which are simply a percentage off however many socks one wanted to buy at once. That one time discount does not expire. You do not have to use the discount right away, you just have to convert points before the March 17 deadline.

Anyone affected by this might want to confirm with Southern Scholar. But this seems to be the idea. They seem to be very responsive to email inquiries. They do seem to be intentionally vague about what using one's award points before the deadline means. I do like this company's products and have been very happy with their customer service.

@The Knize thanks for the heads up. I'm a big fan of Darn Tough socks. How can you beat their Lifetime Warranty, you can't.
Looks like Darn Tough socks are more causal, sports, etc. Thick. Southern Scholars more dress socks. Quite thin even for dress socks, but I like that. Playful colors and patterns, but also quite conservative expressions.

I bought a bunch of Bomba socks at one point. I wear them for golf. but they seem overly tight and thick, and short.

Looks like Darn Tough socks are more causal, sports, etc. Thick. Southern Scholars more dress socks. Quite thin even for dress socks, but I like that. Playful colors and patterns, but also quite conservative expressions.

I bought a bunch of Bomba socks at one point. I wear them for golf. but they seem overly tight and thick, and short.
Ok. Darn has many thicknesses. From running to hunting. But for dress I go with Boardroom, Merino OTC.

Southern Scholars Socks are made where?

I ask becuase I could not find the country of origin on their website and they have yet to respond to my inquiry.

That is behavior typically associated with a vendor who makes it a point that they are “designed” in the US. But are silent as to the point(s) of manufacture.

I do not know where Southern Scholar socks are manufactured. And yes it seems probative that they describe the socks as designed in Dallas. Also they describe their ties as hand-crafted in Italy. Their ties and pocket squares seem pricey to me.

I do not think I care where they are made. Didn't Gold Toe socks once tout that they were made in the US? Seems to me Gold Toe has gone down in quality. Also, I am sure I could order on-line, but their over the calf socks seem harder to find. I can see someone not liking the Southern Scholar socks because the material they are made of is very flat, without much of the traditional knitted look. The striped versions do look rather knitted, I guess. I have come to really like them, but I guess they could be perceived as thin.

Let us know what you find out.

Top Bottom