What's new

Yaqi Top Aggressive Slant - First Shave

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
That was my assumption. They weren’t accessible from the Yaqi Store site on AliExpress and would only show up as out of stock if Google got me to the page.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
It's funny I was looking at them last week on aliexpress after reading the whole of this thread, they were available then, didn't know they stopped making them.
They where sold out for some time and they must of placed a order to have some more made up. They could of been promoting their other new razor heads, who knows other than Yaqi.

Ron R

Is the Agamemmnon the same head, just in brass, or does it shave differently?
I Looked into it and the head & handle are Zamak + the handle is hollowed. Still a beautiful handle but to long for a Agamemmnon slant IMO. Might buy one just for handle if it where chrome.

I Looked into it and the head & handle are Zamak + the handle is hollowed. Still a beautiful handle but to long for a Agamemmnon slant IMO. Might buy one just for handle if it where chrome.
The handle can be divided in two.
0442DD4A-972C-46A2-8264-CE7D4A3EFB3C.jpeg

Ron R

Trick or Treet week, Tuesday, OCtober 25th 2022

Razor : Yaqi Slant- Mfg 2019> aggressive range, excellent design for result driven folks like myself, I use a steep approach angle(riding the bar) with a short handle with a light touch will give stellar shaves with good mature technique + no plucking of razor at start of a stroke. Lots of blade feel for folks who enjoy that, by riding the bar gives the person a adjustable razor on the fly with you adjusting as you shave by blade feel or known beard areas of concern when to back off of the blade exposure feel IMO. A very enjoyable shave this morning.
Blade : Treet Carbon, Sharp and smooth, 2nd shave so longevity unknown. The blade shaves different than my Stainless steel blades for sure. My stubble is dry and tougher with onslaught of winter I have noticed. First snow in Northern Alberta Canada -3C.
Soap : Speick stick, nice mild spicy scent with some of the best qualities lathers I have used. Triple milled, I take my pocket knife and slice some slivers off and press into bowl the way I prefer to use it this way. Excellent soap IMO.
Brush : Yaqi "rainbow" 26mm brown whiskers synthetic, Excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Fine Fresh Vetiver:001_wub: with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my Yaqi Slant with a Treet carbon blade (different experience). Carbon steel blades is all the old timers used for decades.
SOTD October 25 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

The Yaqi Top Aggressive Chrome Color Slant Safety Razor Head.

Warning long post…

After much research in many forums it seemed like the majority felt that this razor was even more aggressive than the infamous Muhle R41 or any other of the reputed aggressive razors.

I have shaved with the R41 and many variants therof, I have shaved with the Karve Shaving Co.Christopher Bradley with the open comb G plate, the Blackland Dart, and finally I have shaved with a not commercially available R41 DEvette with no safety bar which by far naturally is the most aggressive thing you can put on your face in a DE razor.

The Yaqi is indeed an aggressive efficient razor. On the first pass the sound was aggressive, never mind the cutting my neighbours knew I was shaving. Using a steep shaving angle, and a light touch it simply tore through the whiskers on my face. First pass could have been the shave. However I wanted to test it with my normal shave routine.

Second pass across the grain it sounded like I had not even shaved yet! It was finding lots of whisker to mow down and after the second pass was done it was a 95% bbs shave.

Third and final pass against the grain. Again,…shockingly it was finding whiskers I really could not feel! By just following the sound coming from this razor you can get an amazing shave!

To note I have whiskers that you could use to sand a 2 by 4 smooth sitting on top of the skin that is as sensitive as a newborns. To make life even more interesting my neck pattern is like the Milky Way so really no pattern to follow. Most razors struggle to even get a dfs shave on my neck without me having to suffer with an irritated neck for a couple of hours. I usually have to settle for an ok neck shave.

I have asked for suggestions and the common response is use a slant. I have tried the Merkur slant and it was not even close. The Yaqi is the first razor I have used that has given me a mildly irritated but almost effortless close to bbs shave! BTW I don’t chase BBS I just follow my shave routine and settle with the shave I get.

This Razor is AGRESSIVE/EFFECIENT, has a lot of blade feel, and is not what I would call smooth. However this has got me the closest shave of my DE shaving journey, especially on my neck.

The downside, this is definitely not a razor to put in the hands of a beginner, or if you are struggling on getting a good lather, and don’t have your prep game on point. It demands you to be at the top of your shaving game, which can be fun some of the time but not all the time.

For 10$ Canadian to your door it is an absolute no brainer if you enjoy an aggressive razor and your shaving game is on point. I would pay 10x that If I could get this head in stainless steel.

Update after 12hrs my face is still 98%BBS I have never experienced a shave this close and last this long.

yaq1.jpg
yaq 2.jpg
yaq 3.jpg

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Third and final pass against the grain. Again,…shockingly it was finding whiskers I really could not feel! By just following the sound coming from this razor you can get an amazing shave!

To note I have whiskers that you could use to sand a 2 by 4 smooth sitting on top of the skin that is as sensitive as a newborns. To make life even more interesting my neck pattern is like the Milky Way so really no pattern to follow. Most razors struggle to even get a dfs shave on my neck without me having to suffer with an irritated neck for a couple of hours. I usually have to settle for an ok neck shave.

It sounds like you are in the same boat I was before I discovered the YTAS!! And, it sounds like your results mirror mine. For a paltry $10, one cannot afford not to give this razor a try!

I I want to give the Yaqi slant head a try, but can't buy from AliExpress. I always get:

Payment Failed
We couldn't process this payment for security reasons. Error code: CSC_7200026. Please try another card or payment method.

Anyone else have this experience?

The error is mostly caused by authentication with your payment methods, especially credit or debit cards. AliExpress requires you to verify your cards before making a payment. If your card verification fails, you’ll end up seeing the CSC_7200026 error code.

Try another card

As mentioned above, the most popular reason is your card being banned on AliExpress, most likely for violating the platform’s terms of service. You can contact AliExpress to unban your card, but you’ll have a much higher chance of success if you just tried another one.

Use a VPN

This is by far the simplest solution you can use as using a VPN will immediately give you a different IP address which won’t be blocked by AliExpress, meaning you can access the service without any issues. The reason behind this can be misconfigured settings at your ISPs end so using a VPN provides an easy solution.

Use AliPay to verify your card

You can use AliExpress’ payment verification service AliPay to register and verify your card. Once the verification process is complete (usually between one to three business days), you can use your card without any problems on the site.

Clear your browser’s data

Corrupt files in your cache or otherwise can cause this error as well. Clear them out to see if you can get Chrome to work.

Contact AliExpress support

If nothing else works, your best bet is to contact AliExpress support and have them resolve the problem for you. Although the chances of your card getting unbanned are thin as AliExpress is rather strict about its policies, it’s still worth a shot.

Top Bottom