What's new

Yaqi "SLOPE" 316 stainless steel slant razor head."Torsion Type"

I really enjoy those efficiency-aggression charts you make. If someone found a way to overlap all of them, we would all be buying only the right razors. I'm looking for your chart on the SS Melon, but haven't found it yet. *keeps looking.

Do you, by any chance have a graph with all of your favourites?

I also notice you're using alot of Yaqi gear, are you one of their testers or a self-purchasing looney like the rest of us? 🤪

Pretty sure I have seen him post, just bought xxx on sale right now from Aliexpress

I have a few of them myself and generally like them a lot. Their all stainless options are pretty darn good overall but, I find their handles to be overpriced when purchased separately.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I really enjoy those efficiency-aggression charts you make. If someone found a way to overlap all of them, we would all be buying only the right razors. I'm looking for your chart on the SS Melon, but haven't found it yet. *keeps looking.

Do you, by any chance have a graph with all of your favourites?

I also notice you're using alot of Yaqi gear, are you one of their testers or a self-purchasing looney like the rest of us? 🤪
I just kept buying Yaqi live sales when they had them(they do not have them lately) and before I knew it I had a lot of shave gear buying on the cheap and just enjoy their products. Yaqi has improved their razor line with Stainless steel models lately.
Most of my razor collection are vintage razors but I have bought a lot of Razorock modern razors and their Plissoft brushes when starting out 6 years ago and have recently in the last 2+years purchased a lot of Yaqi shave products that are mostly brushes & razors and like to show my shave gear .
5-6 years ago stainless steel razors where just starting to get very popular and a lot of the razors that are made from stainless steel where not available then + good pricing when bought on sale.
I'm sort of frugal when buying new shave gear and usually know a bargain when I see them, plus I'm retired and like to buy and show my gear as the years tick by. Go back 5 or 6 years I used was mostly vintage razors and Razorock Plissoft brushes.
Yaqi must like that I use their gear as a daily shaver and show it in my SOTD or other threads + when they introduce a new product and I just might buy it when on sale 95% of the time.:biggrin1:
All my shave gear is paid for by trimming my own hair and not buying cartridge razors for the last 6 years and yes I fell into some shave related rabbit holes and enjoyed it mostly.

Ron R

(Old archived photo's)
Yaqi #1 Mellon head 316 SS aggression chart. 2.jpg

Have some great shaves!

lasta

Blade Biter
Hey Ron, thanks alot for that pic.
Just to be of some assitance as well... They (or rather AliE) is having a "summer clearence action" as we speak. Discounts on Yaqi and dscosmetic products. Gogogo! I am trying to resist the Sentinel oc and Mellon.
No comment on the Sentinels, but the Mellon is probably my biggest positive surprise of the year. I know you can't my nudging:letterk1:

Enjoy, when I use it I just listen to audio feedback it seems to find the sweet spot for my self every time. Use a sharp blade and just enjoy the results is all I can suggest. I usually shave steep angle(riding the bar) on a lot of DE razors it seems and just ride the bar and when you hear the whiskers being snipped see what the results are and then just try riding the cap and see what happens with those results & pick what you like the most.
Shave half your face riding the bar and other side riding the cap pick the angle you enjoy the most + results and go from there is all I can suggest!
It is a very forgiving razor I have found and I like to use the Kai SS extra wide blades and the results are great with a slight increase in blade feel.
View attachment 1669159
View attachment 1669165
Have some great shaves!
I never get satisfying result when I shave with a shallow angle. It seems that a steep angle works best for me. My last shaves with my Merkur 37 were more with a neutral angle.

Tomorrow I will use the Yaqi with a more steep angle. I also like to follow the audio feedback a razor gives.

Sami

Ron R

DE SOTD, Saturday June 17th 2023

Razor : Yaqi SLOPE slant 316 polished SS- Mfg 2023>, mild range, well made with a excellent design for a torqued slant + a reasonable finish that is adequate for my shaving needs. I like to use the Kai SS extra wide for a little more blade feel. Had a close shave this morning.
Blade : Kai SS Extra wide(8) sharp & smooth with excellent longevity. Great blade for mild razors if a fellow wants a boost in efficentcy and a slight increased blade feel if that is wanted.YY KAI SS DE Blade Kai .871inch wide Astra SP .862 wide-2.4 =12 X 12 size.jpg
Soap : Cyril R Salter Wild rose cream, if a person likes rose scents this one is very nice 6-7/10 strength with excellent later qualities also.
Brush : Yaqi "Lucky dice" 26mm brown whiskers fan knot, excellent lather generator, heavenly, luxury cloud like soft tips, very enjoyable splay scrubber + excellent lather lather painter. Nice big handle with a excellent knot IMO!
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Ach Brito Lavanda with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : 1-10 dial - Copy (2)3 template 9.5.1.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + 1 small weeper=:a17: Excellent shave with my Yaqi Slope slant 316 SS razor with a Kai SS extra wide blade.
SOTD May June 17 2023.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited:

Ron R

SE SOTD, July 4th 2023, Have a Happy Independence day and many more!

Razor : Yaqi "SLOPE" torsional 316 SS type slant - Mfg 2023>, mild range, excellent machining and great finish that is adequate for my shaving needs, this can be a reasonable forgiving razor with some mature technic IMO. Good daily driver for lots of folks and myself. I like to use a Kai SS extra wide blade for a little more blade feel with this razor, had a close excellent shave this morning.
Blade : Kai SS extra wide(1) sharp and smooth with excellent longevity. Nice blade for mild razors or a little extra blade feel.
Soap : Cyril R Salter Wild rose, nice rose scent 6-7/10 strength + excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "Artic sky" 24mm synthetic, excellent lather generator, velvet like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber with some back bone + excellent lather painter. This brush is a joy to use with its decent handle!
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Post shave : Italian barber Amici AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : 1-10 dial - Copy (2)3 template 9.5.1.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: excellent shave with my Yaqi Slope slant with a Kai SS extra wide blade, very close and no issues shave this morning.
SOTD July 4 2023.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Ron R

DE SOTD, Tuesday, July 18th 2023

Razor : Yaqi Slope slant, 316SS semi polished with a Yaqi handle- Mfg 2023> mild to tame mid range depending on blade used, excellent accurate machining with a great finish for my shaving needs. This torsional type slant works well and even with a Kai extra wide blade my skin seems feel great after the shave with no issues. This is a compact torsional design with very few that are designed like this ever made, Closest I have seen would be the Above The Tie S2 and it is even slightly different in design.
This could be a daily driver for a lot of folks and myself included, had a close no issues shave this morning. If a person likes a little more blade the Kai extra wide blade works well. YY KAI SS DE Blade Kai .871inch wide Astra SP .862 wide-2.4 =12 X 12 size.jpg
Blade : Kai SS extra wide (3) sharp and smooth with excellent longevity, great blade if a person wants a little more blade feel or blade exposure.
Soap : Mitchell's wool fat- mild scented soap with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "Orbital ring" 24mm boar bristle, excellent lather generator, soft split end boar bristle hairs, great splay scrubber + great lather painter.
Post shave : Fine fresh Vetiver with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : 1-10 dial - Copy (2)2 template 10.1.jpg CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: excellent shave with my Yaqi Slope slant with a Kai extra wide blade.(cotton ball tested this morning)
SOTD July 18 2023.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Ron R

DE SOTD, Tuesday, August 1st 2023

Razor : Yaqi Slope slant, 316SS semi polished with a Yaqi handle- Mfg 2023> mild to tame mid range depending on blade used, excellent accurate machining with a great finish for my shaving needs. This torsional type slant works well and even with a Kai extra wide blade my skin seems feel great after the shave with no issues. This is a compact torsional design with very few that are designed like this ever made, Closest I have seen would be the Above The Tie S2 and it is even slightly different in design.
This could be a daily driver for a lot of folks and myself included, had a close shave with no issues shave this morning. If a person likes a little more blade the Kai extra wide blade works well. YY KAI SS DE Blade Kai .871inch wide Astra SP .862 wide-2.4 =12 X 12 size.jpg
Blade : Kai SS extra wide (5) sharp and smooth with excellent longevity, great blade if a person wants a little more blade feel or blade exposure. Great blade for milder razors that need a boost IMO.
Soap : Razorock XXX Fresco, nice unique clean masculine scent with excellent lather qualities. Nice hot summer time treat, menthol is not over the top or I would not of bought it, it will not make your eyes tear.
Brush : Yaqi " Lucky dice" 26mm brown whiskers fan knot, excellent lather generator, Luxury cloud like soft tips, great splay scrubber + great lather painter. Nice large handle with a very luxury Fan knot.
Post shave : Fine fresh Vetiver with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : 1-10 dial - Copy (2)3 template 9.5.1.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: excellent shave with my Yaqi Slope slant with a Kai extra wide blade.
SOTD August 1 2023.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Ron R

DE SOTD, Saturday, August 19th 2023

Razor : Yaqi Slope slant Torsional type- Mfg 2023>, mild to tame mid range depending on blade used. Well built and designed with a adequate finish + reasonably priced for a 316 SS razor head. Bought mine on sale so it was more to my liking price. I usually receive some decent shaves with this razor and it does not have a lot of blade feel so I like to use the KAI SS extra wide blade that works well in most milder razors for a slight boost in efficiency & slightly more blade feel. Had a great shave this morning.
Blade : Kai SS extra wide(8) Sharp and smooth with excellent longevity. Top tier of my 6 best blades I enjoy the most.
Soap : Cyril R Salter Wild Rose cream, nice rose scented cream 6/10 with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "Aqua" 24mm high mountain 3band silvertip badger, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Post shave : Alum test(very minor stinging) Fine fresh vetiver with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : 1-10 dial - Copy (2)3 template 9.5.1.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + 1 blemish weepers=:a17: Excellent shave this morning with my Yaqi slope slant with a Kai extra wide blade.
SOTD August 19 2023.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Iridian

Cool and slimy
I might have to get one now. I have given up hope they get the idea to polish the SLOPE head, though I cannot fathom why. They polished a damn lot of heads with complicated geometry. I wonder if the posts and cap of the SLOPE have to be extremely accurate or bust, but don't think so.

I am very pleased or rather very much in love with my Harlequin and Mellon heads in SS. The Slope also seems promising!

Ron R

I might have to get one now. I have given up hope they get the idea to polish the SLOPE head, though I cannot fathom why. They polished a damn lot of heads with complicated geometry. I wonder if the posts and cap of the SLOPE have to be extremely accurate or bust, but don't think so.

I am very pleased or rather very much in love with my Harlequin and Mellon heads in SS. The Slope also seems promising!
It looks great and shaves great but it is not polished (AKA=316 SSP), you do know it is on the mild side as I have mentioned lots of times. I like to use the Kai SS extra wide blade with this razor head. You can polish it yourself but I find it works reasonable well as is. Polished no doubt would help in glide by maybe 5% + shinier but who knows other than the owner. A fellow on You tube "Subie shaves" polished his up and it looks OK.

It looks great and shaves great but it is not polished (AKA=316 SSP), you do know it is on the mild side as I have mentioned lots of times. I like to use the Kai SS extra wide blade with this razor head. You can polish it yourself but I find it works reasonable well as is. Polished no doubt would help in glide by maybe 5% + shinier but who knows other than the owner. A fellow on You tube "Subie shaves" polished his up and it looks OK.
The matte Excalibur was problematic for me. I love the wide AC blade and its stiffness but, the handle and head were problematic. I was gifted a polished Chrome Excalibur head which was a significant improvement to me. My Romulus is another huge leap forward with its polished surface and additional weight which makes it glide across my face better and the weight really helps the shave.

The Romulus is one of my favorite razors right now. The super slick and shiny polish is a real winner along with its additional weight.

Ron R

Slantember, Saturday, Sept 9th 2023

Razor : Yaqi "SLOPE" 316 SS torsion type slant, with a Yaqi brass coated handle.- Mfg 2023>, mild to tame mid range depending on blade used. This razor is well built with a unique design of a sloped safety bar that keeps the gap similar the whole width of blade or close enough for comfort shaving.
I find this slant razor very comfortable close shaving to use with excellent results using a Kai SS extra wide blade. Had a excellent shave this morning with no issues this morning.
Blade : Kai SS extra wide (1) sharp and smooth with excellent longevity. Great blade to use for a slight increase in blade feel or blade exposure. I like to use this blade in my mild razors that I have accumulated over the years visiting antique stores and also new purchases.
Soap : Razorock Irish Countryside, nice unique clean scent (Irish Creed) with excellent lather qualities. The more you use it the more you enjoy it has been my experiences.
Brush : Yaqi "Viper" 24mm boar bristle brush, excellent lather generator, soft split end boar bristle hairs, great splay scrubber + great lather painter. Handle and knot work well for my shaving needs.
Post shave : + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless)
Results : 1-10 dial - Copy (2)3 template 9.5.1.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my Yaqi 316 SS SLOPE slant with a Kai SS extra wide blade.
SOTD September 9 2023.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Slantember, Saturday, Sept 9th 2023

Razor : Yaqi "SLOPE" 316 SS torsion type slant, with a Yaqi brass coated handle.- Mfg 2023>, mild to tame mid range depending on blade used. This razor is well built with a unique design of a sloped safety bar that keeps the gap similar the whole width of blade or close enough for comfort shaving.
I find this slant razor very comfortable close shaving to use with excellent results using a Kai SS extra wide blade. Had a excellent shave this morning with no issues this morning.
Blade : Kai SS extra wide (1) sharp and smooth with excellent longevity. Great blade to use for a slight increase in blade feel or blade exposure. I like to use this blade in my mild razors that I have accumulated over the years visiting antique stores and also new purchases.
Soap : Razorock Irish Countryside, nice unique clean scent (Irish Creed) with excellent lather qualities. The more you use it the more you enjoy it has been my experiences.
Brush : Yaqi "Viper" 24mm boar bristle brush, excellent lather generator, soft split end boar bristle hairs, great splay scrubber + great lather painter. Handle and knot work well for my shaving needs.
Post shave : + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless)
Results : 1-10 dial - Copy (2)3 template 9.5.1.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my Yaqi 316 SS SLOPE slant with a Kai SS extra wide blade.
SOTD September 9 2023.jpg

Have some great shaves!
Hey, i bought the Yaqi Hang, which looks very similar to the Slope.

Still Yaqi offers both so there must be a difference. Do you know what it is? The blade gap?

Greetings

Iridian

Cool and slimy
Hey, i bought the Yaqi Hang, which looks very similar to the Slope.

Still Yaqi offers both so there must be a difference. Do you know what it is? The blade gap?
Googling the Yaqi Hang brought me to the product page of the SLOPE, guess it just got differently translated into your language.

Googling the Yaqi Hang brought me to the product page of the SLOPE, guess it just got differently translated into your language.
It has a seperate product page: https://de.aliexpress.com/item/1005005136703054.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.main.5.59207bc5SKeeYY&algo_pvid=40917cd9-f925-4af2-9d12-60e60c84930e&algo_exp_id=40917cd9-f925-4af2-9d12-60e60c84930e-2&pdp_npi=4@dis!EUR!46.56!46.56!!!48.80!!@211b88ef16940998326195339e3298!12000031808945277!sea!DE!837561989!S&curPageLogUid=XLyKFjCMDt9N

I used it with Blue Astra and i gave me nicks all over my face. Worst shave i ever had i thing. Maybe its a more aggressive version of the Slope?

Ron R

That looks like the Yaqi SLOPE slant but there is something I'm missing no doubt. It could be a different version of the slope possibly? The reviews on Aliexpress from owners of the slope are all claiming a mild razor mostly and most are happy bunch like myself. I know mine is a mild razor with a regular Astra SP blade. Try a different brand of blade to see what happens and stay with riding the bar if it feels still aggressive, contact Yaqi if it is new still and they might send a new one, you have 14 day window after you mention you have received it and if that does not work communicate with Aliexpress and they will resolve it possibly. Contact Yaqi first through messaging board on Aliexpress orders first to remedy the issue if you feel there is something is not right with the Your SLOPE slant head.
According to Yaqi it has a .90mm gap.

Last edited:
Top Bottom